Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:35 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I was reading the thread about reaching out to non-evangelicals and it brought to mind all the evangelicals that were "anyone but Huckabee". The ethics charges were the biggest reason. There was just soooo much and it made them very, very uncomfortable. I think the feeling was that just a few could be argued away but that many had to mean that at least something was going on. I know that Mike's website and truth squad dealt with some of it but I don't think it was aggressive enough. The majority of the truth squad's responses were their word against someone elses or at least came across that way to the casual, uninformed reader. I think that other then the money issue this was Mike's biggest barrier against getting the nomination this year and it's got to be addressed. JMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:05 am 
Colonel

Liked: 0
I think your opinion has some truth to it.
I think the Truth Squad (for me) was sort of hard to get to.
Ethics and Fiscal issues are on hucksarmy but for some people, maybe it's not easy to get to and unless the person is not hooked on Huckabee, the person wouldn't be on hucksarmy to start with. I think many of us agree that there were lots of negative/false things floating around out there on Mike, and I just didn't see as much correct explanation.... It also makes liberals blind to see Mike's true kind heart. I hope it will be taken care of by 2011....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:30 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't know what we can do about it but recognizing the problem and facing it head on would be an excellent first step.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 13
Here is a thought. Mitt Romney tried to bury Mike Huckabee in millions of dollars in negative advertising; why wasn't there any ads on "ethics violations"?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
In the forum I know we addressed each ethics charge in detail. Is there a specific charge that you do not know the real story to because we would love to help.

The ethics isues were talked about in December although I think the fact that the media ignored Huckabee is why he lost. I do not know that the ethics issues slowed him at the end although they helped end Huckaboom 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:28 am 
*** General

Liked: 14
I had trouble getting info from the mh.com site when I tried to find answers to counter comments I heard. It seemed a bit vague. The worst was one that I still see people full of hate throw out - something about his son torturing a dog & he covered it up. I wasn't able to join ha until Feb. since my daughter had been seriously ill for a year - so I missed all the discussions.

I think this did hurt him to some extent. My parents voted for him & really liked him. But they told me they "heard things about him & ethics problems" that made them concerned. This was in Feb/March. I still see people throw these charges out there on comments. So there is still an issue with this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:05 am 
Colonel

miracleshappen wrote:
I had trouble getting info from the mh.com site when I tried to find answers to counter comments I heard. It seemed a bit vague. The worst was one that I still see people full of hate throw out - something about his son torturing a dog & he covered it up. I wasn't able to join ha until Feb. since my daughter had been seriously ill for a year - so I missed all the discussions.
I agree. So did someone else at the boyscout did it? or did the son, David, made the mistake? (possibly he was too used to hunting? --> I was never into shooting and don't know about it). What exactly heppened there? If the son (or sons) really tortured, I would like to pray for them.
I didn't find much about this on HA when I searched. The only defence I found was "it's desperate for enermies to bring it up since Mike actually didn't do it." I also learned that David said that it's not fair for people to judge Mike because of what David did (maybe he meant the gun issue at the airport?) .....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:47 am 
** General

I do remember something that Rush (before he "found out that Huck wasn't a conservative") said something like this: "to be fair to Huckabee, the Clinton's where the ones that created these "ethics" problems and kept bringing it up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:58 am 
Colonel

joyman25 wrote:
I do remember something that Rush (before he "found out that Huck wasn't a conservative") said something like this: "to be fair to Huckabee, the Clinton's where the ones that created these "ethics" problems and kept bringing it up.
right.... demos in Arkansas tried so much to make Huckabee look bad which were ridiculous. I think some liberals understands that.
Quote:
mohman742 (14 hours ago) Show Hide -4 Marked as spam Reply huckabee took bribes... legally he cant accept gifts for his campaign.
he took the ring. he should go to jail.
This comment got "-4" because some of them understand that there are false statements on Mike out there... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTFLOu8fjxU
Also on the same webpage, some people defended Mike's opinion on AIDS like "GambiTHE" (gambit?)

Another negative I hear is about the abortion denying case for a mentally ill girl or something...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Quote:
So did someone else at the boyscout did it? or did the son, David, made the mistake? (possibly he was too used to hunting? --> I was never into shooting and don't know about it). What exactly heppened there? If the son (or sons) really tortured, I would like to pray for them.

The issue was that his son and a few other boys were involved in hanging a stray dog at a campground. The dog I understand was mangy and a safey issue to the kids and should have been capture and put to rest but the boys took things into their own hands and captured the dog and hung it.

Quote:
Another negative I hear is about the abortion denying case for a mentally ill girl or something...

My understanding is that Arkansas does not allow state fund to be used to pay for abortions as a medical service. Huckabee was criticized that he did not bend the law and make an exemption to allow for this girl to get an abortion. Huckabee did not stop this girl from getting an abortion, he just would not make it a special case where the state would pay for it.

Quote:
huckabee took bribes...

No evidence of this.

Quote:
legally he cant accept gifts for his campaign. he took the ring. he should go to jail.

Huckabee told the story about taking the ring that the lady gave him in Michigan. Considering that she left, he could not give it back to her as he talked about in the story. In this case the campaign would probably consult with the FEC as to what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:44 pm 
General

Quote:
Quote:
legally he cant accept gifts for his campaign. he took the ring. he should go to jail.

Huckabee told the story about taking the ring that the lady gave him in Michigan. Considering that she left, he could not give it back to her as he talked about in the story. In this case the campaign would probably consult with the FEC as to what to do.

Mike said, yet again this week, that the ring is safe and sound and they are STILL trying to find the owner. This is no different than if he had found it on the floor. It was not used to finance the campaign in any way.

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:25 pm 
Colonel

Quote:
The issue was that his son and a few other boys were involved in hanging a stray dog at a campground. The dog I understand was mangy and a safey issue to the kids and should have been capture and put to rest but the boys took things into their own hands and captured the dog and hung it.
Thank you David. I guess Boyscouts should had called Animal Controller....
Quote:
My understanding is that Arkansas does not allow state fund to be used to pay for abortions as a medical service. Huckabee was criticized that he did not bend the law and make an exemption to allow for this girl to get an abortion. Huckabee did not stop this girl from getting an abortion, he just would not make it a special case where the state would pay for it.
I see. I think the people who were offended by the state law could tip in to collect the fee. I wonder if abortion is usually funded by state or federal.

Quote:
I think McCain might have enough reasons to go to jail... but not Mike. And yes, I heard Huckabee talked about the ring. I hope he can find the owner soon and get that out of the way..... I read about gift related issues before and it just sounded ridiculous and silly; obviously Democrats were trying to change the story and make Mike look bad. It was quite childish.