Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:12 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 0
Just a few minutes ago MH answered a question about the immigration policy and how it affects the children of immigrants.

I am a HUGE supporter but I am concerned because he did NOT answer that question.

If an immigrant child that has been here his whole education career and qualifies for the scholarship that MH supported in AR would he have to give up his senior year or college to go back to his home country? This seems complete against what MH believed monthes ago.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I am scared that these debates have hurt MH a lot.

http://www.huckabeechat.org/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:17 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 31
We don't agree with him on everything. I personally believe this was a good answer, so I can't help you on this one. I guess this is the one thing that he's not going to win you over on, because I can't imagine how he could give a better answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:41 am 
***** General

I don't see it all that contradictory.

Other than we know that the bill didn't pass, it shouldn't hurt for a child to have to pause his education or go to Mexico's schools for 1 or 2 years.

Another option is to give these college students Student Visas after they reach Mexico. I think thats a viable option.

cmercer8 wrote:
Just a few minutes ago MH answered a question about the immigration policy and how it affects the children of immigrants.

I am a HUGE supporter but I am concerned because he did NOT answer that question.

If an immigrant child that has been here his whole education career and qualifies for the scholarship that MH supported in AR would he have to give up his senior year or college to go back to his home country? This seems complete against what MH believed monthes ago.

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:49 am 
Sergeant

I don't see this as a problem for him. It's one thing to do things as a governor that the federal government wont' fix and so you have to deal with things things the way he did, which I think it was right. It's another to be president and talk about fixing the problem for the last 20-30 years and never doing anything to fix it and then it's up to the states on how they will deal with the problems that the federal government puts them in. So as President, he's proposing on how to fix a problem and not making governors responsible to clean up the federal government's mess...hence the quagmire he was put in.

http://wilsonopinion.webs.com/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:58 am 
***** General

cmercer8 wrote:

Look at it this way. Governors don't have the same power as the federal government. As a Governor you can't fix the illegal immigration problem like the federal government can so you have to deal with the cards you have been dealt.

With the power of the presidency Huckabee would have abilities to fix the things that he could not as Governor and that is the biggest reason why there seems to be differences in his approaches.

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
I agree that the difference in what he did in Arkansas vs what he proposes when president is the difference between being a governor and being the president.

I think that the policy needs to implemented in this order:

1. Secure the border - nothing else happens before this is done
2. Fix the process so that people can come in legally MUCH faster than they do currently
3. Pass and enforce laws giving illegals 120 days to leave etc

If that isn't done in that order, we will have a mess on our hands.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:39 pm 
Major

i think these issues from talking to others definitely hurt mikes support...it was his toughest hit issue in texas that i knew.