Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/good_d ... day-071510

Huckabee has been making the rounds for his new show -- this one from Tampa, FL. He provides a little more insight into scheduling.

As we know, the six-week pilot will run from 7/26/10- until September 3rd (Labor Day Weekend).

Huckabee said that, if the show does well, they will most likely launch national syndication sometime early next year. (Of course, if it does not do well, they will not launch syndication at all.) He will continue his weekend cable program.

Some thoughts on timing:

1. It may be a coincidence but the potential syndication launching will occur right around the time Huckabee will announce his intentions vis-a-vis 2012. Either Fox Corp has Mike's commitment that he is not going to run (which I think is unlikely), or Mike will have between six to eight months to observe the political landscape before deciding between a Presidential run or national syndication.

2. If my assumptions above are correct, Fox Corp may have it worked out so that, if Huckabee does run but losses, he will have his national syndication launch to which to return.

3. Either way, after Labor Day Weekend, Huckabee will be able to devote himself to 2010 compaigning, which I think is exactly what he wanted.

This may be Huckabee's "fall-back" plan. Of course, this also makes the temptation not to run stronger, but I think Mike has some wiggle room here -- and plenty of options -- and I trust his savyness to make the right decision.

Time will tell. Certainly, if the pilot is picked up with an announced early 2011 launch, questions will come flying at Huckabee.

Watch the video interview. Huckabee and the host are enjoying themselves.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:33 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
I hope he runs! This kind of thing worries me that he wont! :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
Watch the video interview. Huckabee and the host are enjoying themselves.
I think it's clear that the host is an enthusiastic fan! But who can blame him? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Quote:
californiaforhuck wrote:

I hope he runs! This kind of thing worries me that he wont! :/

I know -- it worries a lot of us. But frankly I am a little more relieved knowing that any national launch would not be until early 2011. Originally I thought if they picked up the pilot, they would launch right away -- and I was concerned that they would not be attempting a national launch if he were running six to eight months later. Now, it at least appears that Huckabee will have time to campaign for 2010, view the political landscape (whether a run is viable at this time depending on Obama's position) and then either jump in (if he runs) or launch (if he thinks it isn't wise). So that makes me a bit more comfortable.

Also, assuming the syndication is a "go" but Huck wants to run, I think there is a decent chance (at least I'm hoping) that Fox Corp would hold the national launch in abeyance but have it ready to go if Huck ran and lost -- especially if the pilot were very successful. Even though we don't want to contemplate Huck losing, it would be absolutely great if it provided Huckabee with a "fall-back" plan -- ie, he would lose nothing by running. And of course the pilot might not be picked up -- which, although it would lead him more toward running in 2012, I sincerely hope doesn't happen, because I want the best for Mike.

We are just going to have to watch it all evolve.

We certainly have the most interesting candidate to support -- and he is blazing trails that none of his potential rivals can compete with.