Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I can't find any of the videos at the moment, but I watched the show tonight on Sat. for once. (Engaging in some serious procrastination.)

I had a couple points I wanted to raise with those who've watched. In the Huntsman interview, at the end, Mike brought up Huntsman being a keyboardist and invited him to come back and play with him. Huntsman responded with something like, "Mike, we've been a great team in the past, maybe we can be a team again in the future." Now, given the context, maybe he was really just talking about playing music. But my paranoid side totally saw this as Huntsman saying he would maybe pick Mike as VP if he got the nom. Did anyone else pick up that vibe or am I in fact losing it?

Also, he interviewed Florence Henderson (Carol Brady!) and she said she wanted Mike to run. I think it's clear that when you have DeMint and Carol Brady wanting you to run, then you should probably run.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere has received Likes: 2 janelles, justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Miserere wrote:
I can't find any of the videos at the moment, but I watched the show tonight on Sat. for once. (Engaging in some serious procrastination.)

I had a couple points I wanted to raise with those who've watched. In the Huntsman interview, at the end, Mike brought up Huntsman being a keyboardist and invited him to come back and play with him. Huntsman responded with something like, "Mike, we've been a great team in the past, maybe we can be a team again in the future." Now, given the context, maybe he was really just talking about playing music. But my paranoid side totally saw this as Huntsman saying he would maybe pick Mike as VP if he got the nom. Did anyone else pick up that vibe or am I in fact losing it?

Also, he interviewed Florence Henderson (Carol Brady!) and she said she wanted Mike to run. I think it's clear that when you have DeMint and Carol Brady wanting you to run, then you should probably run.

Sorry but I can't picture a ticket with Huntsman at the top and GMH in the second spot! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I don't know, I don't like Huntsman's view on civil unions, and I don't like how his strategy seems based upon appealing to Democrats and the media elite, but I think he's impressive in a number of other ways.

Successful, conservative record as governor of Utah.

Foreign policy experience with our most significant 21st century competitor. (Since he has this on top of his governor's experience, this makes him more experienced than our guy, actually. ;))

Appeal to moderates and independents.

Don't think he'll get the nomination (mainly because of his ridiculously inept strategy of attacking conservatives), but I don't think he should be dismissed as a liberal or something. Huntsman/Huckabee would be a very strong ticket.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.