Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
I just watched this over at Fox and was about to post it here.

Mike still does not say "Absolutely no," or even just "No" I'm not running this time. He does say he is not setting around plotting his comeback, but I suppose that could be because he already has it all planned out. :P :pray

Dobbs said some complimentary things about Mike, and even said his reluctance to run makes him all the more attractive as a candidate. This all is setting up very well if only Mike has changed his mind.

Mike makes the argument that a candidates ability to raise money is not a good or even desirable qualification to seek public office because we are hiring people to serve.

I believe we will know very soon. Mike needs to prove to the American people that a candidate with superior ideas, talent, and experience, can indeed win even if he is not the most well financed. Money should not be able to buy an election or improperly influence officials regarding public policy. This is one of the great problems in America today and this is just another reason why someone like Mike, if not Mike needs to run and win. Mike needs to practice what he preaches; he needs to win; he needs to for the sake of the Republic.

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:13 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
I must disagree with one point Mike makes. He says that he does not believe that he or anyone else are the only ones that can do the job of being president. In part I agree, many, many Americans could do the job of president and be effective at it. But, he is wrong in this regard, though many might be able to do the job, very, very few could ever be elected to the office so it is a mute point. At this point in time, Mike is the only one who can do the job AND who can win the office. That is a very important difference I believe, and one which Mike needs to consider very, very carefully.

Post by byourCreator has received Likes: 5 Huckabeliever, Iowans Rock, navyqueen, Southern Doc, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
So, Mike worries about us since we think he's the only one who should be president. :lol:

But he contradicted himself. He said he himself hasn't seen anyone in the race he'd put a yard sign out for. That's what we're saying. Furthermore, we're saying he's the best person in the political arena to lead the country. It's our measured judgment. It isn't crazy. Sometimes there's someone who's better than the other candidates. Huckabee is no George Washington, but that doesn't mean he's not much better than the alternatives today.

He's over-thinking it. He's being scrupulous and worrying about how a humble person should approach this. By all means, be humble. But be responsible as well. If you don't see good candidates in the current field, if you think you're right, if you think you can do the job well and honorably, if it's conceivable you have a shot to win, then you get in the race and trust the people's judgment. Don't give us this nonsense about how you don't have the ego to think you're the only person who could be president, because that's a given, we know that, we know you know that, and it's irrelevant.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I just posted this on his facebook page
"Governor, I saw your interview on Dobbs - it's not that we think you are the only man on earth who can be a good POTUSl it's that we know you are the only one left THIS LATE IN THE GAME who can still get in and sweep this thing IN THIS ELECTION. The GOP is doing its best to give it to Obama despite all he has against him & this election is critical to our country's future. You may not be a perfect package, but you are a more complete package than what's being presented to us now. PLEASE RECONSIDER!"

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 4 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, janelles, Vote For Truth, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
QVA - going over now to like your post, and to write something similar.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I guess Governor Huckabee just did too good of a job selling himself last time out because I DO believe he is the only one I can think of who would be the BEST one to lead the country foward at this time. He is the ONLY one of the candidates who has everything in one package....

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 6 Huckabeliever, Indiana4Huck, IowaforHuckabee, Steadfast, Vote For Truth, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
byourCreator wrote:
I just watched this over at Fox and was about to post it here.

Mike still does not say "Absolutely no," or even just "No" I'm not running this time. He does say he is not setting around plotting his comeback, but I suppose that could be because he already has it all planned out. :P :pray

Dobbs said some complimentary things about Mike, and even said his reluctance to run makes him all the more attractive as a candidate. This all is setting up very well if only Mike has changed his mind.

Mike makes the argument that a candidates ability to raise money is not a good or even desirable qualification to seek public office because we are hiring people to serve.

Mike needs to prove to the American people that a candidate with superior ideas, talent, and experience, can indeed win even if he is not the most well financed. Money should not be able to buy an election or improperly influence officials regarding public policy. This is one of the great problems in America today and this is just another reason why someone like Mike, if not Mike needs to run and win. Mike needs to practice what he preaches; he needs to win; he needs to for the sake of the Republic.

I do not want to come across as scolding Gov. Huckabee. This would be an extremely self-sacrificial thing for him, to run for President in the current vicious climate. But prophets of old were sent, missionaries too, into difficult and hostile circumstances for a cause that was greater than self. He and we may know the call from God is real when only one man can do it. Huckabee has said that he does not believe only one man is right for the Presidency. Yes, I do agree that several would be much better than Obama. But it may be for such a time as this that there is just one in the Republican Party who can defeat President Obama. And that may be Governor Huckabee.

Huckabee described on Lou Dobb's Fox News show that the American political process of electing presidents is becoming more of a plutocracy, where only the wealthy rule. I would challenge Gov. Huckabee to become daring and run. We are losing out because we let the enemy triumph.

I think an element of fear is also keeping Gov. Huckabee out of the race. In a book by Andy Stanley about tithing and the harvest, he points out that the number one reason people do not tithe, or give one-tenth of their income to the Lord's work, is fear. Fear of the next crop failing. Fear that something bad could happen for which we needed that tithe money. Mike seems to fear that God would not bring in enough donations now for a Presidential bid. But Mike and Janet Huckabee had a wonderful testimony of tithing, even when they had next to nothing. God provides. In his book, A Simple Christmas (which I am enjoyably rereading) Huckabee writes:

Quote:
Despite a modest income, we never wavered in our commitment to tithe--to give a minimum of 10 percent of our gross income to our church. We did this not only because it was a doctrine of our faith but, more important, because it signified that everything we had was truly the Lord's, and we believed that the mere giving of a dime from each dollar was more than reasonable given what He had blessed us with. Plus, we had experienced the generosity of many people who had supported us in our time of need during Janet's illness, and we knew that one of the things we could do in return was to give to others as others had given to us.- Mike Huckabee, in A Simple Christmas (Publisher, Penguin Group, p. 130)

Tithing when in poverty is a sign of faith. I believe that deep down Gov. Mike and Janet Huckabee still have that faith, if God so leads them. I know that many of us supporters of Huckabee for President have savings set aside to help them in a Presidential bid.

There, I have spoken boldly enough! It is time to commit this to God, who will speak to Gov. Huckabee's heart if this is true.

I believe we will know very soon.

Post by justgrace Liked by: ColoradoMom4Huckabee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
byourCreator wrote:
I must disagree with one point Mike makes. He says that he does not believe that he or anyone else are the only ones that can do the job of being president. In part I agree, many, many Americans could do the job of president and be effective at it. But, he is wrong in this regard, though many might be able to do the job, very, very few could ever be elected to the office so it is a mute point. At this point in time, Mike is the only one who can do the job AND who can win the office. That is a very important difference I believe, and one which Mike needs to consider very, very carefully.

And this quote right here is why I believe many of his supporters have either tepidly moved on with another candidate or have not moved on at all. There could be a slew of awesome candidates running (which, sadly, there are not) but if they cannot get elected what good does it do us?

Also, you would think that a former Baptist preacher would know that in the Bible the best leaders that God chose also thought they were not worthy of the calling.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 3 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, navyqueen, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Iowans Rock wrote:
byourCreator wrote:

And this quote right here is why I believe many of his supporters have either tepidly moved on with another candidate or have not moved on at all. There could be a slew of awesome candidates running (which, sadly, there are not) but if they cannot get elected what good does it do us?

Also, you would think that a former Baptist preacher would know that in the Bible the best leaders that God chose also thought they were not worthy of the calling.

That's the trouble with democracy, we can't conscript a leader in the way God can.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.