Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8ptHki7qAs

http://video.foxnews.com/v/126149384900 ... t_id=86920

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0wE4lLHx3w

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Forgot how impressive Secy Rice is.

PS Gov's opening monologue was a good laugh. :)

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
Gov's opening monologue was a good laugh.

Well, yes but no. He should have been more clear about what he was - and what he was not - ridiculing, as several people who normally are fans were very upset with it and him.

At the time I saw it, I was aware that Deace's secretary had complained of Cain's over-familiarity with her making her uncomfortable, but I had not heard the specific complaints were apparently him calling her something like "sweetheart" or whatever it was & asking her for sweetener for his tea as I read elsewhere today.

These "terms of endearment" have a tendency to annoy me at times, but mainly because (outside of more intimate relationships) it's the way older people - generally women - talk to younger, esp children. So it does tend to come across as condescending in many circumstances, but esp if the person thinks they're being flirtatiously flattering. I think Huck is right that it is more of a southern thing, but I have known several New York transplants (women) who talked like that as well.

Anyway, so being clueless about that complaint, it came across to me that he was ridiculing the two women who filed the allegations against Cain because of the triviality of the supposed complaint about Cain saying the woman was his wife's height when the full truth of those are not yet known.

His point about people getting away with making anonymous accusations in the press is quite valid. We have a right to know our accusers in a court of law, but in the press, such people are able to get away with character assassination with comfortable anonymity & it isn't right. Still, unless someone discredits this 4th accuser with something more substantial than having Allred for a lawyer, and being a financial opportunist as well as sleazy dresser, it would probably be best for Huck if this opening monologue fades away quickly. Cain's going to need something substantial to defeat this new one.

May God bring the truth to light in sufficient time to allow the voters to judge rightly & grant repentance or justice to the one or ones bearing false witness.

P.S. And I am really dismayed that Huck is eating Popeye's chicken - what a horrible thing to do to your health as well as your waistline.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:
Gov's opening monologue was a good laugh.

Well, yes but no. He should have been more clear about what he was - and what he was not - ridiculing, as several people who normally are fans were very upset with it and him.

At the time when I heard the monologue, I, too, thought to myself, "Yikes, Mike needs to slow down-- he is going to be misunderstood!"
Quote:
P.S. And I am really dismayed that Huck is eating Popeye's chicken - what a horrible thing to do to your health as well as your waistline.

It's not flattering to Mike, when he's clearly overweight, for him to wax poetic about the virtues of a fast-food chain that is known for extremely fatty, unhealthy food...especially when he's written a book about controlling one's eating habits & health.

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:34 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Mike has the right to eat wherever he wants. It's called freedom. I defend that.
But he best not link up too tightly with that Cain train, as it's about to derail.
Those anonymous accusers apparently gave up their anonymity and have identified themselves.
Now that they broke the ice, a lot more will probably come forward. Better now than in the general election.
Interesting that the most moral of the bunch are doing the worst in the polls.
Says a lot about republicans these days.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
So, I've given up on looking for clues that Mike might still get into the race this go around. If it's going to happen at this point, it's going to take something pretty drastic. I think people and circumstances would have to basically drag him into the race, as he apparently isn't willing to walk through the doors that have been opened for him.

That being said, I have to believe he still believes he has a future in presidential politics. Viewed in that light, this monologue came across to me as a way of laying down some markers to come back to later down the road for future reference. If he does run again someday and the individuals who falsely accused him in the past come forward and raise their allegations again, or if other individuals come forward and falsely accuse him, he can easily make reference to statements like this one to say 1) that he's always given others the benefit of the doubt when facing false allegations, and 2) that the supposedly "breaking" allegations are old news that he even made reference to himself all the way back in 2011.

That's just my take, however...and I welcome yours. :wink:

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________