Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Huckabee, anyone who thinks America is still a Christian nation is “smoking something” and that something is “probably illegal.”

http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/1370891871001/

'Huckabee explained that the booing incident is merely a reflection of the new American mindset, saying, “If you take a strong Orthodox Christian stand, you have to understand we are in a post-Christian America. It’s painful to say that, but anyone who thinks this is a Christian nation anymore is smoking something and it’s probably not legal.”

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: FirstCoastTerp
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:06 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I thought Huckabee gave us another key reason why he decided against running in 2012.

Listen to what Cavuto asks him around the 1:50 mark.

Huckabee states that he would rather lose and keep his own soul rather than lose his soul and gain the world (the presidency being the world).

But whats the point if you cant look in the mirror and believe. On what terms? And if you get there, and in some way you have to be dishonest to your own heart. Then just remember, whatever you use to have to get there, is what you will have to continue to use to stay there. It's just not worth it when it gets down to it. It's easier to walk away from a job that you want than to walk away from your own integrity and character.

And maybe Rollins did have a path for Huckabee to win the nomination. But maybe Huckabee thought the cost was too high and not worth it.

Maybe that is why Huckabee's heart said NO.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
This is so sad but so true. A little while back when Pope B16 said that Europe is a post-Christian continent and declared it a new mission field, I remember thinking then that our country was hard on Europe's heels - if it had not already arrived. (Sadly, btw, the Pope's declaration generated little protest either)

America has pretty much become a mission field again, too, as a majority of Catholic religious are coming here from 3rd world Africa and Asia to minister to us! They used to be our mission! It reminds me of Mother Teresa's comment to the point that the spiritual poverty in the West was much greater than the physical poverty in India.

ConservTexan, I think you are probably right about Huck. In fact, I think one of Santorum's weaknesses is that he doesn't dissemble well when he gets put on the spot with one of those "gotcha" questions. It's pretty sad to think that a politician needs to be good at hiding his real thoughts and beliefs not just to get elected but to make voters happy - in fact, that's the tragedy that has brought us to where we are today, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
Gotta love Neil.

Mike's right. It's a post-Christian nation.

I'm impressed by the older people on this forum and in conservative politics who are still involved in politics.

I really don't expect to be engaged in politics three decades from now, because I think things will be even worse than they are now, and there will be no toleration for orthodox Catholics or evangelicals in the public square.

We see now the bigotry against Santorum is thinly veiled if it's veiled at all.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
There's still a pretense of it in the media - to some extent - but certainly not in the public square.

We're teetering on the brink as a nation: "Choose this day whom you will serve"
The path we take in this election will surely determine if there will be a govt for us to participate in 3 decades from now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:00 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
This is so sad but so true. A little while back when Pope B16 said that Europe is a post-Christian continent and declared it a new mission field, I remember thinking then that our country was hard on Europe's heels - if it had not already arrived. (Sadly, btw, the Pope's declaration generated little protest either)

America has pretty much become a mission field again, too, as a majority of Catholic religious are coming here from 3rd world Africa and Asia to minister to us! They used to be our mission! It reminds me of Mother Teresa's comment to the point that the spiritual poverty in the West was much greater than the physical poverty in India.

ConservTexan, I think you are probably right about Huck. In fact, I think one of Santorum's weaknesses is that he doesn't dissemble well when he gets put on the spot with one of those "gotcha" questions. It's pretty sad to think that a politician needs to be good at hiding his real thoughts and beliefs not just to get elected but to make voters happy - in fact, that's the tragedy that has brought us to where we are today, isn't it?

My signature quote is from Mother Teresa. I believe she was directing that comment at "first world" nations in which abortion on demand is so readily available.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Respect gained on his reasoning for not running. Seriously, what kind of man must he be to give it all up in order to not compromise who he is. Wow.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Post by bmk2307 has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, Iowans Rock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:55 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
I have felt since the beginning that the reason Huckabee just gave is why he did not run. He said something similar to this in his concession speech in 2008.

So, when I start getting sad about Huckabee not running, I try to remember this reason. Gov. Huckabee is truly a man of principles and I greatly admire him.

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/us/po ... wanted=all
The apostle Paul wrote that, "I fought the good fight; I've finished the race; and I've kept the faith." And I believe tonight that one of the things that we will be able to say is not only that we fought the good fight and finished the race; we'd like to have finished it first, but we stayed in until the race was over.

But I think, more importantly, we've kept the faith. And that for me has been the most important goal of all. I'd rather lose an election than lose the principles that got me into politics in the first place.

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I believe that for Mike Huckabee to run he would have had to get a HUGE donation from Donald Trump. After accepting that kind of donation, he would have felt obligated to Trump over and over, and maybe even VP, and frankly there were some things Trump supported that I couldn't see Huckabee support.

Huckabee saw his principles being on the line, and said, "Not worth it!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I believe that for Mike Huckabee to run he would have had to get a HUGE donation from Donald Trump. After accepting that kind of donation, he would have felt obligated to Trump over and over, and maybe even VP, and frankly there were some things Trump supported that I couldn't see Huckabee support.

Huckabee saw his principles being on the line, and said, "Not worth it!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
This is one of the reasons I am supporting Newt. Take tonight's debate, for instance. I love his boldness in seizing the opportunity to point out (and with such passion), when asked about the gay adoption issue, the bias against Catholic and Christian organizations.

Also, some politicians may have shied away from writing a book such as Rediscovering God in America if they saw a possible presidential run in their future.

Santorum has that boldness, too, which is why he has always been number 2 for me. But Newt has the greater experience and depth of knowledge and history to be the better choice.

Santorum said in one debate how he had learned so much from Newt. Keep watching and learning Rick!