Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 13
Oh where, oh where, is Governor Huckabee when we need him!!?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
I read a short but good article by Erick Erickson written on the 8th of this month. The very basic points were these:

He cant support Santorum because he is a big gvmnt socon and cant support romney because he has held every position known to man. He can support perry and newt but isnt sure either of them have the organization to win. Best option: brokered convention or someone else get into the race. The whole article can be found here: http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/01/0 ... the-above/

He actually gave a great chart that shows each state along with their delegates, filing date, and date of their primary/caucus. Here is what I took from it: It is January 13th. Anyone wanting to get in should pick states that arent voting for at least 1 month. There is no real way a candidate could cmapaign in states like florida or colorado. But there are 2264 delegates and those that vote after February 27th include 2021. However, there are many states whose filing deadlines have already past. Of those that vote after 2-27-12 who still have open filing dates, there are 1223 delegates available. I am assuming there can also be write in campaigns for those not on ballots, and for larage states such as texas, GA, Il, etc it would be worth it to form a write-in campaign. So conceivably, someone could ENTER the race in the next 2-3 weeks and still have enough time to campaign in the states that vote on Super Tuesday. Even if that person didnt claim the nomination, they could further split the vote to get to a brokered convention where they may be seen as the best option and the one with the most momentum.

So I am calling on someone who can get the GOP fired up and who can beat Obama to get in the race. Yes, I'd like it to be Huckabee...but at this point id settle for Daniels, Jeb, DeMint, or Jindal. I'd like a duo to come out as running mates right off the bat.....double the big-name campaign fundraising. Lets see Romney beat a Huckabee-Jindal ticket or a Daniels-Rubio ticket....seriously.

Profile Send private message