Huck's Army Forum :: Faith, Family & Freedom
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/

Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=26228
Page 1 of 1

Author:  FiscalConservative [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 am ]
Post subject:  Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney


Author:  ibelieve [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

Wow - now that is about the most TRUTHFUL ad I have ever seen. I will never forget all the lies Romney told on Mike Huckabee. It was disgusting which is why I suspect there are no Romney supporters on this forum. Romney even ran robo calls in Florida the night before the primary telling people it was now a two-man race between him and McCain as though Huckabee had dropped out of the race. Has anyone else noticed the difference on the "religious" aspect this year? The media ran Huckabee in the ground because he was a "Baptist Preacher" and how that would affect his leadership as President. However, Romney was a Mormon missionary, clergy, and bishop - yet he gets a free pass with no questions asked.

GO NEWT!

Author:  QuoVadisAnima [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

I'm told this joke comes from Stephen Colbert -

Q: What is the difference between Mitt Romney and a statue of Mitt Romney?

A: The statue doesn't change positions.

Author:  ibelieve [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I'm told this joke comes from Stephen Colbert -

Q: What is the difference between Mitt Romney and a statue of Mitt Romney?

A: The statue doesn't change positions.



Good one!

Author:  nrobyar [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

I actually love this Newt ad and that he uses Governor Huckabee's words against Mitt. It seems FOX has softened Governor Huckabee on Mitt, but his 2008 words say it like it is. This does show that Newt respects Governor Huckabee and believes he carries clout. It is possible Newt would want Governor Huckabee as vp. But, I understand he is making it known that he is not interested. My daughter said Perry brought it up and he said something to the effect that he was happy with his job at FOX.

Author:  EricB [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

No one is going to say that they are pining for the VP job when they are asked a question about it, but it's very unlikely that Huckabee would turn the job down if he were offered it.

Huckabee would be a great VP pick. He compliments Gingrich very well. He has governor experience that Gingrich lacks. He's also very likable and would shore up any weaknesses. He might pick Romney though.

Author:  beezwax [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

EricB wrote:
He might pick Romney though.

I think there has been too much blood spilled for that to happen. He "owes" Perry some consideration. Cain is a possibility (probably more for a cabinet position, though). If Santorum doesn't hit him too hard in the next few weeks he would be a good choice to shore up the base.

Having said all that, choosing GH would do to his campaign what Palin did to McCain's: Create a lot of buzz, excite the social conservative base, and at the same time get the wrath of both hard core Democrats and elitist Republicans.

Author:  FiscalConservative [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

EricB wrote:
No one is going to say that they are pining for the VP job when they are asked a question about it, but it's very unlikely that Huckabee would turn the job down if he were offered it.

Huckabee would be a great VP pick. He compliments Gingrich very well. He has governor experience that Gingrich lacks. He's also very likable and would shore up any weaknesses. He might pick Romney though.



Huckabee would be perfect. Huckabee would help Gingrich with women, issue of morality and he would get the majority of Huckabee supporters which are many. Gingrich gives Huckabee more fiscal and foriegn policy credibility.

Both know how to get policy passed.

Author:  cschande [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

FiscalConservative wrote:
EricB wrote:
No one is going to say that they are pining for the VP job when they are asked a question about it, but it's very unlikely that Huckabee would turn the job down if he were offered it.

Huckabee would be a great VP pick. He compliments Gingrich very well. He has governor experience that Gingrich lacks. He's also very likable and would shore up any weaknesses. He might pick Romney though.



Huckabee would be perfect. Huckabee would help Gingrich with women, issue of morality and he would get the majority of Huckabee supporters which are many. Gingrich gives Huckabee more fiscal and foriegn policy credibility.

Both know how to get policy passed.


Problem is they're both southerners. I'd love to see it happen but I continue to believe Huck's the most natural fit for Romney of the candidates remaining.

Author:  EricB [ Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Huckabee shows up in a Gingrich ad about Romney

Speaking from a practical standpoint though, there is a lot of overlap between Huckabee supporters and Gingrich supporters. Gingrich is pretty solid on the social issues, and overall he's a pretty solid conservative. There's a few things he's not good on, but overall conservatives like him.

He might have to do what Reagan did in 1980 when Reagan picked Bush. Romney wouldn't be a bad VP pick from a strategic position. He'll need someone from a different region of the country (outside the South), someone with executive experience, and someone who comes across as not very ideological. Romney fits the bill pretty well. Especially if the Romney supporters are bitter about their guy losing the nomination. I don't like Romney one bit, but it would be a shrewd pick.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/