Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
The Laura Ingraham Show - Mike Huckabee: Romney needs to reach out to conservatives more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZorSKgKYtjg

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 am 
Captain

Liked: 57
Does Governor Huckabee really think all Romney has to do is sweet talk conservatives with the right words and we will all fall in line with Romney?

I am a registered Republican but I refuse to support the Republican Party either in state or nationally because it is just as corrupt as the Democrats are. When we do that, that is how we get politicians like Terry Branstad, Lisa Murkowski, and Santorum and Romney. I will work hard to support individual Republicans who are truly more than just hot air and words. But having an "R" next to your name, in and of itself means nothing! Does Governor Huckabee really think we will be better of by supporting a corporate thug and liar like Romney, who from Huck's own experience knows what Romney is capable of?

Sorry Huck, I will not support a corporate thug and liar who will say and do just about anything to get elected. Romney had no compunction in going in with Bain and stripping the wealth out of private businesses and then leaving them and their employees for dead while he made off with millions. Just wait and see what he would do to the American public if he ever got a chance through the platform of the presidency! I agree with George Soros on one thing: there is very little difference between Obama and Romney!

I thought (along with many many others) that Newt's speech after the Florida primary was terrific but Governor Huckabee said to Laura Ingraham that Newt was rude to Romney and ungracious by not conceding the race in Florida and giving a speech of what he hoped to do in the rest of the states and what he hoped to do if he won the nomination. GMH said Newt should have just congratulated Romney. Let me ask Huck this then: Did Romney say one nice thing about Newt after SC? NOT ONE WORD? Did we hear GMH complain that Romney was rude to Newt and should have congratulated Newt for the win? Nope what did Romany say? Newt is running an Obama style campaign and being a poor statesman. What did GMH do? Did he have the winner on his show? NO! He had Romney on to discuss what Romney was going to do to win Florida and all the ways to discredit Newt. As well as highlighting the spanish boondoggle

What did Newt say after SC? Newt graciously acknowledged all four candidates for some good quality that they brought to the race. Newt said this race wasn't about him but it was about the people! Newt has been the ONLY true statesman in this race.

GMH said on Laura Ingraham, that everyone is saying he has endorsed Romney, but he is not endorsing any one. But what does GMH do for the rest of the interview? Rebuke Newt and coach Romney on what he should do to win conservatives. GMH is doing a Sarah Palin style endorsement of Romney as she did for Newt.

Sorry Huck, your words here don't match. You may not be TECHNICALLY endorsing or LITERALLY endorsing but you ARE endorsing. Don't split hairs and expect us not to figure it out! A blind man could see what you are doing. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!

Post by akprayingmom Liked by: SEEllis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:31 am 
Private

Liked: 19
Couldn't watch the whole thing. Had to turn it off. It made me sick to hear him telling Rommey what he should do to win the election. Couldn't believe it. Seems like and endorsement to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Sigh! I did not hear this interview before. Huckabee was obviously all about congratulating and promoting Romney and criticizing Newt, here. I can't believe that he could have changed so much, when he must remember how Romney treated him. :( What has happened?

Like Shelley (steadfast) said after Governor Huckabee announced he was not running..."speechless."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:20 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
Rubio said the guy who wins Florida will be the nominee. Huck has said numerous times the race is not over. The candidates need to bring their A game. Romney is flawed....Gingrich is flawed......Paul is a wingnut...Santorum bless his heart gave it a good run but the guy will have a hard time battling it out with Obama. These are the fights before the championship fight. Unless Romney impodes he will be the nominee. As much as we want to complain about this, the bets are on Romney. Huckabee definitely gave Romney excellent advice. Romney needs to face his weaknesses and just be real like Huckabee said but the fact is he lacks authenticity and the southern and Christian vote among so many other things. We will not have a perfect candidate. Is Gingrich a perfect candidate? Mike is speaking from experience from being in the trenches with Romney. Romney should just shore up his flank and choose Huckabee as his running mate. Are you saying that you would not flip the lever? I would joyfully yank on that lever. Romney needs someone who has already been vetted and honestly he ran against Mike so he knows how competitive the ticket would be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
akprayingmom, if your discernment leads you to believe that Santorum is no different than Romney, Branstad or Murkowski, then your endorsement certainly does Gingrich no credit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
akprayingmom wrote:
Did we hear GMH complain that Romney was rude to Newt and should have congratulated Newt for the win?

Um, Mitt called Newt and congratulated him after he won.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Instead of making a Mitt v. Newt v. Santorum comment, I'd just like to say how nice it is for me to see how much success Mike has had making friends with conservative talkers who treated him so harshly when he ran in 07-08. The strategy I've been seeing is one of winning over friends where he thinks they're winnable (i.e. Ingraham, Hannity, etc.), and holding accountable those he knows can't be won (i.e. Coulter). As someone else said here recently, I really would like to believe he's still playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Unlike some who've been posting here recently, I certainly don't believe he's put away the board.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: Miranda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Side note: A bit of history on this topic, Mitt did NOT call Mike after he won in Iowa.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: FL4Huck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Um, Mitt called Newt and congratulated him after he won.

I was just about to make the same statement that, maybe Mitt has learned something, because he DID NOT call to congratulate Mike last time out and Mike called him out on it. That, of course, was when Mike Huckabee spoke for himself, and not for "the establishment or Fox news."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
However, Gingrich said something nice about all his opponents in the speech--a far broader congratulation, right?

And, I guess I have to disagree with Gov. Huckabee's criticism of Gingrich going into his plan for America during his thank-you-to-Florida speech. That is just what we conservatives really need to do, now. Get our attention away from negatives and on to how we can defeat Obama and get America back on her feet again.

I loved the Gingrich speech and have played it over again. Just like Huckabee's concession speech after Texas. I cried but was so inspired (with Huckabee's speech).

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Just a thought here. Perhaps rather than "selling out" could it be that Huckabee genuinely thinks Newt is a poor candidate to be the standard bearer in 2012?

How many of us here "sold out" or "betrayed" our political beliefs when we pulled the lever for McCain? He was none too popular in these parts as well, especially after Super Tuesday and Mitt was out of the race.

People prioritize from the options available - that's politics.

There are at least four "rational" (though you do not have to agree with them obviously) reasons why Mike would lean away from Newt and toward Mitt.

1.) Math - he didn't major in it but he does know it. Romney has the clear advantage going forward. Why lose political capital on long shots? It is pragmatic but hardly unusual even here at HA.

2.) Elect-ability in the fall - Whatever Mitt's chances, Huck may consider his chances better than Newt. He will be better funded, better disciplined, and has lower negatives in polling.

3.) Temperament to be President - Newt is a more fiery candidate/politician than Huck and his leadership style as Speaker was the anti-thesis of Huck's approach as Gov. of Arkansas. Huck may believe, as was again related to me this week by people who personally know Newt, that Newt is too narcissistic.

4.) Marital Baggage - there are those that simply believe that too much is risked or given up by Newt being the nominee in relation to family values/sanctity of marriage. Do not Forget that Mike had a major initiative when Gov to create "Covenant Marriage" to roll back easy divorce. Also do not lose site of the personal - Mike stayed with Janet and helped her learn to walk again. Romney stood by Anne when she went through breast cancer and a diagnosis of MS. It could just be a who do you respect thing when it comes to Mike.

Just guesses. But these are reasons I've heard from folks I know are not Fox News employees or "establishment" flunkies who liked Mike last time, would love to see someone better in the field, but can't back Newt, can't hope in Santorum, and can't stand the idea of four more years of Obama.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: cschande

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Southern Doc wrote:
Just a thought here. Perhaps rather than "selling out" could it be that Huckabee genuinely thinks Newt is a poor candidate to be the standard bearer in 2012?

I don't know whether or not this is true. But if it is true, he would not be the first to have reached this conclusion. And I don't think it's fair to label everyone who doesn't think Newt is the best candidate as being part of "the establishment.

Quote:
How many of us here "sold out" or "betrayed" our political beliefs when we pulled the lever for McCain? He was none too popular in these parts as well, especially after Super Tuesday and Mitt was out of the race.

I was pretty amazed to see how so many people trashed McCain thoroughly throughout the primaries and the early part of the General election only to become almost enthusiastic for him in late October. I still to this day feel very comfortable with my decision to write in back in 2008 - and feel more comfortable with it every other time McCain says something in public.

Quote:
People prioritize from the options available - that's politics.

I also think that this is part of the reason we have such a poor slate of leaders running our country. Sometimes the lesser of two evils is still evil. I know I stand differently on this issue than many others, but, I won't just vote against someone. The candidate themselves has to earn my vote.

I do wish, however, that all of us who support either Santorum or Gingrich could put our differences aside and gang up on Mitt. Mitt does not show evidence of having actual beliefs or convictions.

Quote:
3.) Temperament to be President - Newt is a more fiery candidate/politician than Huck and his leadership style as Speaker was the anti-thesis of Huck's approach as Gov. of Arkansas. Huck may believe, as was again related to me this week by people who personally know Newt, that Newt is too narcissistic.

4.) Marital Baggage - there are those that simply believe that too much is risked or given up by Newt being the nominee in relation to family values/sanctity of marriage. Do not Forget that Mike had a major initiative when Gov to create "Covenant Marriage" to roll back easy divorce. Also do not lose site of the personal - Mike stayed with Janet and helped her learn to walk again. Romney stood by Anne when she went through breast cancer and a diagnosis of MS. It could just be a who do you respect thing when it comes to Mike.

These have been two of the most common reasons why people who are not in "the establishment" have chosen another candidate that they prefer over Newt.

I've missed out on a lot of whatever has people so ticked off at Mike. I'm going to tune in tonight to see what he says. Hopefully he'll correct the misstatements that Limbaugh made about him this week, saying incorrectly that he had endorsed Romney.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Wouldn't it be sad if Governor Huckabee based his decisions to make positive comments about Gov. Romney because he thought Romney was more electible. After all, wasn't that the big hoopla with Gov. Huckabee in 2008 where the so called elites said he was not electible and couldn't win over independents? Weren't they so very wrong in that assessment? With this very unique election cycle who is to say who will be the most electible come election time? And, I saw some national polls showing Newt beating Mitt.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
nrobyar wrote:
Wouldn't it be sad if Governor Huckabee based his decisions to make positive comments about Gov. Romney because he thought Romney was more electible. After all, wasn't that the big hoopla with Gov. Huckabee in 2008 where the so called elites said he was not electible and couldn't win over independents? Weren't they so very wrong in that assessment? With this very unique election cycle who is to say who will be the most electible come election time? And, I saw some national polls showing Newt beating Mitt.

Huckabee wasn't well known by the nation in 2008, so it was easy to dismiss the claims against him. It became even easier to dismiss those claims this time around, as he was better known by the nation in 2011, and polls showed him doing as well against Obama as anybody.

Newt Gingrich is well known by the country, and yet he tends to poll worse than the other candidates against Obama.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:06 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
cschande wrote:
Instead of making a Mitt v. Newt v. Santorum comment, I'd just like to say how nice it is for me to see how much success Mike has had making friends with conservative talkers who treated him so harshly when he ran in 07-08. The strategy I've been seeing is one of winning over friends where he thinks they're winnable (i.e. Ingraham, Hannity, etc.), and holding accountable those he knows can't be won (i.e. Coulter). As someone else said here recently, I really would like to believe he's still playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Unlike some who've been posting here recently, I certainly don't believe he's put away the board.

My thoughts exactly.