Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huckabee at Harvard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
The Harvard Crimson wrote:
Huckabee Discusses State of Politics, Future Political Career

Mike Huckabee...discussed the possibility of seeking the Republican presidential nomination once more in 2016 while speaking at the Institute of Politics Monday evening.

“Honestly, I just need to see, politically and financially, a viable path to the nomination,” Huckabee said. “And if I feel like there is, I feel like I have ideas that belong on the national stage. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.”

The event was moderated by IOP Director C.M. Trey Grayson '94, with conversation mostly gravitating towards Huckabee’s early political career, the operation of his state government, and the difficulties of running a national campaign.

“The atmosphere [in Washington] is so polarized,” Huckabee said. “Both sides have decided that they want everything and they want it now, and if you want everything and you want it now, you’ll get nothing and you’ll get it forever.”

He also said he was disappointed in both President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for deviating from the positions they took against gay marriage in 2008.

Huckabee’s comments elicited several combative reactions from one audience member, who interrupted the governor several times, also questioning Huckabee's comments on gay marriage.

Here's the video : http://forum.iop.harvard.edu/content/co ... e-huckabee

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter