Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:41 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
Chambliss campaign website:
http://www.saxby.org/Home.aspx

From Huck PAC, by Mike Huckabee
http://www.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=1980

Quote:
The Georgia Senate Race is headed to a runoff. Powerful liberal special interests are mobilizing. We need to mobilize as well.

Let's go!

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 am 
Major

Liked: 0
I'm going to see Saxby - and Huck - tomorrow at the Georgia Fair Tax Rally. Saxby MUST defeat Jim Martin. If I had a van, I'd drive people to the polls myself. Where is our ACORN?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:40 am 
General

Liked: 52
From Saxby Chambliss' website:
Quote:

Georgia Senate runoff becomes Republicans' last stand

Reporting from Atlanta -- The familiar figure of John McCain took the stage Thursday to the roar of an adoring crowd, returning the favor with his greatest hits: the thrusting thumbs-up, the promise of military victory and limited spending, the trademark verbal tropes -- "my friends," "straight talk."

The presidential question may be settled, but McCain, the vanquished Republican standard-bearer, has joined leaders of both parties in turning attention to Georgia, where incumbent GOP Sen. Saxby Chambliss has been forced into a runoff with Democratic challenger Jim Martin -- once considered a longshot candidate -- who was lifted in the Nov. 4 general election by enthusiastic turnout for Barack Obama.

The race is of prime importance because a Democratic victory could help the party amass 60 seats in the Senate, enough to avert a filibuster. That possibility would be a delicious bonus for Democrats, who, come January, will also control the House of Representatives and the presidency as well as the Senate.

To ward off this nightmare scenario, Republicans are inundating Georgia with visits from a host of well-known political A-listers before the Dec. 2 runoff vote.

McCain hinted that his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, might fly down for a quick appearance. Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and now a talk-show host, is on deck, with a trip planned for this weekend.

http://www.saxby.org/News.aspx?t=2
Original article link:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-saxby14-2008nov14,0,1516679.story
The original article from the LA Times also mentions that the Democrats are trying to get Obama to come campaign for Chambliss' opponent.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:18 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Hmm, no Romney?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:22 am 
Private

Liked: 0
DeputyJ wrote:
I'm going to see Saxby - and Huck - tomorrow at the Georgia Fair Tax Rally. Saxby MUST defeat Jim Martin. If I had a van, I'd drive people to the polls myself. Where is our ACORN?

Ride up and down the streets of your county honking and using your speaker to tell everyone to go vote.

I sure wish I could go to the rally, but that is just too far for me to drive, and especially through Atlanta. Take pics and video for us, and tell Huck I'll see him in Albany on the 29th. My daughter will have her guitar for him to autograph.

Terry