Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:30 pm 
Private

Liked: 14
JasonTcpa wrote:
chapelccino wrote:
I normally don't assume HA needs to know my whereabouts :-) but since I've chatted a lot on this thread, I thought I'd mention that we're leaving today (yes, in snow and wind - we'll see how far we get!) from our NJ home to visit my brother and his family in Chicago - for a late Christmas, birthdays, and for my Dad to preach at my brother's church.

So - if you think of it, pray for our two car parade today and tomorrow :-) We'll return early next week.

I've learned a great deal from HA, and a lot from this thread. Thank you. I will be pondering it and praying about it!

Have a good trip. Also, I am a fellow PK (preacher's kids)!

Safe travels from a PM (preacher's mom)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:20 am 
***** General

Liked: 13
TheValuesVoter wrote:
But among the candidates you have now, by far, Michael Steele is the best.

Yes, I think that is right. I have favored him all along. This montage shows his energy, eagerness, and media saavy. And, his reformist mindset. I think he would do the best job in these aspects.

I think Steele has the best public campaign. But I also think he probably irritates the members of the committee. So, it seems to me that Blackwell is picking up steam on the behind the scenes game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:14 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
They need some discomfort - for their own good. Picking someone who will tell you what you want to hear is like gathering teachers to tell you what your "itching ears" want to hear. The question comes down to this - do they want to feel better or do they want to be better?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:48 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
VertiCon wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:
But among the candidates you have now, by far, Michael Steele is the best.

Yes, I think that is right. I have favored him all along. This montage shows his energy, eagerness, and media saavy. And, his reformist mindset. I think he would do the best job in these aspects.

I think Steele has the best public campaign. But I also think he probably irritates the members of the committee. So, it seems to me that Blackwell is picking up steam on the behind the scenes game.

Whenever Michael Steele is a guest on Hannity or other FoxNews shows I happen to see, I am impressed with his humor, his intelligence, and his ability to handle the questions. My only concern was whether he is truly solidly pro-life. I asked one of the RNC electors from our state, and his impression was that he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 am 
Major

Liked: 0
There is a couple of things I want to mention about this entire CD situation.

First of all, I think it is much ado about nothing. The song from the CD that raised so many questions was based from an article in the Los Angeles Times, of the same name. It was a political joke and I do not believe it makes Chip Saltsman a bigot or any less qualified to manage the Republican Party.

The second point has to do with Michael Steele. Mr. Steele does give a very good speech and no doubt, he is a good man. However, I wonder if he is really the one we need to manage the party. The position is not so much of giving speeches, but actually managing the day to day operations of the Republican Party. If he manages it in the same manner that he managed GoPac, then he certainly does not need his hands on the reins of the national party. Read the article below for more information.

Don’t Jump On Mike Steele’s Bandwagon

Political Realities

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 am 
***** General

Larry wrote:
There is a couple of things I want to mention about this entire CD situation.

First of all, I think it is much ado about nothing. The song from the CD that raised so many questions was based from an article in the Los Angeles Times, of the same name. It was a political joke and I do not believe it makes Chip Saltsman a bigot or any less qualified to manage the Republican Party.

I respect you a lot, Larry, and I respect though disagree some of that take.

I don't think it makes Chip a bigot. I never implied such and I think he made a bad decision that had bad taste. The song made headlines because it offended a lot of people when Rush Limbaugh aired it last year. I understand the parody aspect of the song, but there's something about hearing "Barack The Magic Negro" sung over and over again and aired on Rush's show that to me is distinctly not funny. I didn't particularly like the article either. I still am trying to find out how it could be that the article was in bad taste but the song wasn't. And I think it was incredibly stupid to see what happened last year and then walk right into it now. Far worse was the refusal to apologize. He never even wrote me back when I told him I was a backer of a former client and was hurt by it. I don't understand that.

I didn't know that about Mike Steele and GOPAC. I think that's a valid criticism. I am a big Mike Steele fan but I think that is an issue that he would need to answer questions about.

I don't know if you guys collectively are at the "none of the above" point, but, I really wish that Ken Mehlman would come back. Is there any possibility that would happen?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
If Kevin Tracy's blog on Steele is right, I seriously doubt he will win the RNC chairman race and he shouldn't. I would like to see references on the claim that GoPAC spent millions on staff and only contributed $35,000 to GOP candidates. Maybe it is true, but I am skeptical.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I think we all know there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. The overall picture is to select the person MOST qualified to take us in the right direction. I still prefer Chip but we have to trust that the right person will be selected.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:51 am 
Major

Liked: 0
keneikirk wrote:
If Kevin Tracy's blog on Steele is right, I seriously doubt he will win the RNC chairman race and he shouldn't. I would like to see references on the claim that GoPAC spent millions on staff and only contributed $35,000 to GOP candidates. Maybe it is true, but I am skeptical.

It took me a while to find it, but here is the website that has that information. It appears to be true, in my opinion.

GoPac Expenditures

Political Realities

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 1
Larry wrote:
keneikirk wrote:

It took me a while to find it, but here is the website that has that information. It appears to be true, in my opinion.

GoPac Expenditures

Interesting. $156,067 went to Paul Ellington, his former Chief of Staff during his tenure as Lt. Governor. That doesn't look very good.

"Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar."
- Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
the rnc debate just started! CSPAN2 or RNCdebate.org watch live!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:56 pm 
General

Liked: 71
Anybody catch Rush show today? He was speaking about the whole thing from start to finish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:42 pm 
***** General

ecwoodrow wrote:
Interesting. $156,067 went to Paul Ellington, his former Chief of Staff during his tenure as Lt. Governor. That doesn't look very good.

Is Paul Ellington on staff at GoPac?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:59 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 1
VertiCon wrote:
ecwoodrow wrote:

He's listed as a vendor.

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmte ... =521237780

Unless they include employees under the term vendors, then no.

"Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar."
- Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:26 pm 
***** General

ecwoodrow wrote:
VertiCon wrote:
ecwoodrow wrote:

He's listed as a vendor.

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmte ... =521237780

Unless they include employees under the term vendors, then no.

That looks like it undermines one of issues in this race, that, the RNC shouldn't use favored vendors forcing them onto candidates, and the state and local parties. Perhaps there is a defense. But, it doesn't look good.

Anyway, I think Blackwell has it about wrapped up, provided no scandal or controversy comes out about him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:06 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
justgrace wrote:
Whenever Michael Steele is a guest on Hannity or other FoxNews shows I happen to see, I am impressed with his humor, his intelligence, and his ability to handle the questions. .

Once, I saw Michael Steele on Hannity & Colmes. Someone asked him "where ya been lately?" Steele smiled and replied, "Sorry I haven't been on your show much. As you can see, I've been working on my tan." :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:07 am 
***** General

I still have my Steele campaign bumper sticker from 2006. I was planning to knock on doors for him. I had never seen Maryland Republicans happy about anything before his campaign.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11