Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:18 pm 
General

Liked: 52
In my opinion, this was not an errant email. Back when I received a "Will You Stand with Me?" email from Rubio, within days I received a similar "Will You Stand with Me?" email from Huckabee (through Huck PAC if I remember correctly) encouraging us to get on board with Rubio. Now that this is "out" in the press, I guess I could also mention that another source had told me back in March that Huckabee was planning to endorse him.

It's definitely going to be an uphill battle for us here in Florida...

BTW, Rubio's campaign is trying to develop their online presence. I just filled out an email survey from the campaign yesterday with numerous questions about my personal internet use/ social networking site / things to make their website better, etc.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
marybunton wrote:
Now that this is "out" in the press, I guess I could also mention that another source had told me back in March that Huckabee was planning to endorse him.

You were holding out on us?? :) Here we are hoping that Mike would stick to principles (which we all knew he would) and endorse Rubio, and you knew all along. Tsk, tsk. :wink: :wink:

As a side note, does anyone else want to yell Rub - e - OOOOOOO when they read Rubio? As in Rufio from Peter Pan.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Newt does endorse him.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I just find this all very exciting and encouraging. (I'm enjoying reading all the strategy comments, too.)

Huckabee and Rubio. A whole new wave of thinking. Outside the box, outside the beltway.

I think that re-branding that's been talked about is represented by those two men. :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
I know, me too. It's fun and exciting like in the olden days of HA before Mike dropped out.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 pm 
***** General

chapelccino wrote:
Huckabee and Rubio. A whole new wave of thinking. Outside the box, outside the beltway.

Sounds like a good slogan. Remember this for 2012!

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
Isn't it great to have something we can fight for right now.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:09 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
davidblp wrote:
Quote:
I think you could see Newt and Palin back Rubio. Palin only would if Rubio will win or her endorsement will secure his win.

Newt has already been quoted to say that he likes Rubio but he is not going to endorse him against Crist. That says a lot about Newt I think. Tells me all I want to know about him.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am 
General

Liked: 71
BDBopper wrote:

Newt has already been quoted to say that he likes Rubio but he is not going to endorse him against Crist. That says a lot about Newt I think. Tells me all I want to know about him.

I am also not crazy about the fact that Newt joined the listening tour and has now become one of the establishments.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
So nice to see conservative bloggers happy to see Huck's for Rubio!

Quote:
Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Huckabee To Endorse Rubio Over Crist For Florida Senate Seat

Posted by: Greg Hengler at 3:18 PM

We were introduced to Mr. Marco Rubio last Wednesday. His 7:23 farewell address to the Florida House of Representatives was one of the best speeches I've seen in a long time, especially the last politically incorrect 2 minutes and 22 seconds. So far, the GOP has lent their support in the direction of jaundice Charlie for the Florida Senate seat. Slowly, but surely conservative Republicans are moving their support toward Rubio. Huckabee is among those who see the potential this man holds for the Republican Party.

http://townhall.com/blog/g/876c8b2a-17a ... 083145def8

Quote:
AmSpecBlog

Jeb Bush Jr., Huckabee Back Rubio vs. NRSC's Crist in FL Senate

By Robert Stacy McCain on 5.27.09 @ 8:31PM

Blogger Carolyn Tackett was the one who tipped me, and it is confirmed by The Hill and CNN. This is a huge victory for the grassroots against the Beltway GOP elite.

http://spectator.org/blog/2009/05/27/br ... h-huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:28 am 
***** General

Liked: 13
jcpender wrote:
So nice to see conservative bloggers happy to see Huck's for Rubio!

A Huckabee endorsement of Rubio might do as much for Huck as for Rubio.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:25 pm 
***** General

I think that this race will become one of the most important races of the next two years. It will symbolize either the GOP (or more importantly its followers) truly "get it" or if they will continue down the path that they have been on (and I think we have already seen an indication of this).

I think that this may become a highly publicized race if Rubio starts showing some stronger numbers, if for no other reason than it is a news story that will draw attention (and ratings). David v. Goliath, Old v New, Conservative v Moderate, the list could go on. I bet that you will see more stories especially on stations other than FN, that will tout the "GOP infighting." While not necessarily a good thing, the exposure could sure help a candidate like Rubio.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 13
bmk2307 wrote:
I think that this race will become one of the most important races of the next two years. It will symbolize either the GOP (or more importantly its followers) truly "get it"...

I suspect the "moderates" in the GOP might say something much like that. In fact, that is pretty much what they are saying: Strong conservatives can't win; gotta recruit the Charlie Crists of the world!