Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Virginia is having its statewide Republican convention on May 30, 2009. I am serving as a delegate. I just found out that Romney is the speaker for Friday night, and Sean Hannity is the speaker on Saturday. :evil: Do we have an "emoticon" or "Smilie" figure that shows someone gagging?

Here is the e-mail I got from Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling:

Quote:
Friends:

I am proud to inform you that Governor Mitt Romney will be headlining the Friday night Commonwealth Gala at the 2009 Republican State Convention on May 29, 2009 in Richmond.

I was proud to serve as the Virginia Chairman for Governor Romney's presidential campaign. Now, I'm proud that he is coming back to Virginia to support my reelection campaign and help elect Bob McDonnell the next Governor of Virginia.

With thousands of Republicans from around Virginia signed up to be Delegates and Fox News' Sean Hannity on tap to speak on Saturday, Governor Romney joins what is shaping up to be the most exciting and energizing convention in memory!

Governor Romney knows more about the economy, creating jobs and building businesses than almost anyone in American politics today. He understands that Bob McDonnell and I have the experience and record of results to create new jobs, grow the economy and find realistic and workable solutions to the challenges we face in Virginia.

Please contact Kim Jorns, kjorns@rpv.org or 804-780-0111, to learn more about how to attend the Friday night Commonwealth Gala at the 2009 Republican State Convention on May 29, 2009 in Richmond.

Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to seeing you at the convention.

Very truly yours,

Bill
Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling

It's ironic that Bolling credits Romney with "creating" jobs, for two reasons. First of all, Romney made his millions by purchasing companies and then cutting jobs in order to make the firms look leaner, so he could re-sell them. Second, when Romney was governor, the economy of MA took a huge hit because he increased the "fees" so much. They LOST jobs!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:11 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
It seems this same pattern is already continuing from the primaries. These leaders who seem to think that Romney is the answer to the Republican Party either are being dillusional or just don't really care in my opinion. I can certainly understand your disappointment. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
I may be confusing myself (an easy enough feat or me) but isn't Governor Huckabee supporting another candidate for Lt. Governor in VA? I know he supports McDonnell as governor but I thought he had endorsed another Lt. Governor?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm 
***** General

voter wrote:
I may be confusing myself (an easy enough feat or me) but isn't Governor Huckabee supporting another candidate for Lt. Governor in VA? I know he supports McDonnell as governor but I thought he had endorsed another Lt. Governor?

I'm not sure about whom Huckabee has endorsed for Lt. Gov., but I do know that he has endorsed State Senator Ken Cuccinelli (R) for the next Attorney General.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 pm 
***** General

McDonnell (currently the Attorney general) is running unopposed for the GOP nomination as governor. Bolling (currently the Lt. Gov., running for re-election) is facing a convention challenge from attorney Pat Muldoon from VA's 9th district.

High times in Richmond, folks! In the immortal words of Bette Davis: "Fasten your seatbelts, everyone. It's going to be a bumpy night!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:01 am 
***** General

Anyone can rent a "vendor table" at the convention and promote any cause or candidate. It costs $250. Let me know via private message if you want to use this opportunity!

Alternatively, you can get a "guest pass" to attend the convention, for just $10.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:52 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
Do we have an "emoticon" or "Smilie" figure that shows someone gagging?

Attachment:
Barfing Smiley.gif
Barfing Smiley.gif [ 4.19 KiB | Viewed 2424 times ]
Does this suffice?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:43 am 
***** General

DFCSTech wrote:
All-in-for-Mike wrote:

Attachment:
Barfing Smiley.gif
Does this suffice?

Oh, I LOVE it! May I copy that? :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:28 am 
*** General

All-in-for-Mike wrote:
DFCSTech wrote:
All-in-for-Mike wrote:

Attachment:
Barfing Smiley.gif
Does this suffice?

Oh, I LOVE it! May I copy that? :D

That's how I got it. Someone on here had it a looooong time ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:46 pm 
***** General

Can you tell me please, how to copy it, and how to "store" it? With Obama in the White House and the Dems in control of Congress, I know I'll need that little guy OFTEN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm 
*** General

All-in-for-Mike wrote:
Can you tell me please, how to copy it, and how to "store" it? With Obama in the White House and the Dems in control of Congress, I know I'll need that little guy OFTEN.

Right-click on it. That will make a menu of choices appear on your screen. Click on the selection, "Save Image As...". 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:02 pm 
***** General

Reporting to you from (just after) the GOP state convention in Old Dominion! (Virginia)

My teenage son and I were there today!! What a great time we had. I was a delegate and had the privilege of voting for all three HuckPAC-endorsed candidates. I got to meet Ken Cuccinelli and he was kind, gracious, and a good listener. (Like Mike!)

I also wore my old "I LIKE MIKE" campaign button, and bought a NEW one at the convention! It says "Huckabee 2012." I bought three!

My son was actually a volunteer for Cuccinelli's campaign. I'm so proud of him. He worked INCREDIBLY hard, on his feet, for three straight 19-hour days.

My experiences today, added to what my son and I have seen, heard, and learned the last 18 months, only serve to confirm what we have all come to know. The Republican party's BASE of normal, hard-working Americans, is truly conservative. Among all the various speakers today, the biggest cheers by FAR went up for three things:

1. Sanctity of human life
2. Immigration problems and secure borders, and
3. Energy independence.

Unfortunately, the GOP at the top of the party machinery are fiscally conservative but politically pragmatic. The old phrase "Country Club Republicans" is a true description of many old-timers and the wealthiest donors, who all too often have the candidates' ears, since they play golf with the candidates, sit with them at banquets, have photos taken with them, etc. (Last night at the banquet, the speaker was Mitt Romney. I skipped it. :evil: ) Many of them, if not most, are very concerned about taxes and the economy, but really couldn't care less about moral issues, so-called "social" issues, or the innocent unborn.Instead of Country Club republicans, what we need is more TEA PARTY REPUBLICANS!

By the way, speaking of Tea Parties, there will be some tea party demonstrations on July 4th, but mark your calendars NOW for a HUGE Tea Party Protest Rally on the national Mall, on Saturday, Sept. 12th.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Thanks for the report!

I have changed the pov that I held some months ago & now believe that Huck is right on this - the way to "beat" these guys is not so much to set ourselves up in opposition to them, but to point out to them that our goals are complimentary and the best way for each of us to get there is to work together.

It is far easier to show them how working together serves both of our interests and that the poisonous whispers about "moderating" will actually sink us all, than it is to attempt a coup d'etat of the party (and essentially do to them that which we object them doing to us).

Either way we end up a weaker & poorer party. I have to wonder just how many of these "we've got to moderate to succeed" voices are really just Democrat plants... (insert beeswax's tinfoil smiley here! :) )

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:10 pm 
***** General

Did TeamHuck have a presence (i.e., a booth or something similar) at the VA convention. I know that lately, state coordinators have been attempting to set up booths at these type organizations.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:26 pm 
***** General

voter wrote:
Did TeamHuck have a presence (i.e., a booth or something similar) at the VA convention. I know that lately, state coordinators have been attempting to set up booths at these type organizations.

No, disappointingly I didn't see anyone from Team Huck or HuckPAC, although Cuccinelli was handing out flyers that mentioned Mike's endorsement (along with Fred Thompson's).

I didn't see anyone from Romney's PAC, although Romney was the speaker at the formal banquet on Friday night. (gag me) I did see one table selling Team Sarah stuff.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:14 pm 
***** General

You know, on second thought, perhaps HuckPac (and TeamHuck) decided not to promote their cause at this convention. On HuckPac, Governor Huckabee posted a message about the upcoming convention (and the three endorsed candidates) and followed up with a Victory message when all three endorsed candidates were nominated). I think the theme at the VA Republican convention is "unity." Hopes are riding high on this election. Perhaps Govenor Huckabee thought (I think wisely) to remain solidly behind his endorsed candidates without any independent presence.