Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
Good news...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2009
515-681-3967

VANDER PLAATS COMES OUT ON TOP IN GOP PRIMARY POLL,
WINS NOD FROM CHUCK NORRIS

DES MOINES – Sioux City businessman Bob Vander Plaats topped former House Speaker Christopher Rants by more than a two-to-one margin and outdistanced two other potential GOP gubernatorial candidates by even larger margins in a poll conducted by IowaPolitics.com. Meanwhile, actor and martial arts legend Chuck Norris has announced his backing for a Vander Plaats candidacy, drawing more national attention and a broader fund-raising base to the campaign.

Vander Plaats received 52.4 percent of the 559 votes in the poll, followed by Rants with 25.6 percent, Senate Minority Leader Paul McKinley with 18 percent and former state Sen. Jeff Lamberti at 4 percent.

“This is only one poll and it’s early in the campaign cycle but TheIowaRepublican.com is a respected and unbiased information source and the results of this poll are very encouraging. Christopher Rants is well known across the state, especially in Republican circles, for his years in the legislative spotlight. For Bob Vander Plaats to have such an impressive showing against him and two other respected leaders is a reflection of the deep and broad support he has within our party,” said Vander Plaats spokesman Eric Woolson. “That said, the Vander Plaats organization is going to continuing working very hard every day to build the grassroots organization necessary to win the primary next June and defeat Chet Culver next November.”

Announcing his support for Vander Plaats, former Rep. John Kasich of Ohio and Judge Roy Moore of Alabama, Norris wrote in his national syndicated column, “I encourage you to spread the word about these gentlemen and patriots, learn about their platforms, support their campaigns, and see to it that they are elected in their gubernatorial races. Theirs is leadership we can trust. I'm convinced that if we are to win back America, it's going to start in the heartland and spread out from there because of the influence of leaders like them.”

He continued, “Don't like what you see in government? Tired of incumbent lethargy and inactiveness? Does a political issue grind on you like fingernails on a chalkboard? It comes down to this: Either you will change our country or your opponents will, and if you let them change it, you might not like the outcome.”

Norris has taken an increasingly higher profile on issues of national importance since his prominent role in former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s 2008 presidential campaign.

Vander Plaats, who served as Huckabee’s Iowa chairman said, “I had an opportunity to get to know Chuck Norris during the 2008 campaign and we’ve remained in touch because we share the same values and public policy goals. He’s committed to defending Americans’ constitutional rights and the principles that made this country so great. I’m honored to have the support of Chuck and Gena Norris. They are great friends and they’re going to play an important role in our winning campaign.”

# # # #

Paid for by Team Vander Plaats 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 3
As much as I like Christopher Rants, many here in Iowa want Bob Vanderplaats.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:59 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
According to a comment left on an Iowa blog site ''the silent majority" of the Republican Party is awaiting their own kind of candidate to announce to run for Gov.

I thought I was the silent majority so there must be a different kind of silent group out there. It sure is interesting to live in Iowa!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 am 
***** General

janelles wrote:
According to a comment left on an Iowa blog site ''the silent majority" of the Republican Party is awaiting their own kind of candidate to announce to run for Gov.

I thought I was the silent majority so there must be a different kind of silent group out there. It sure is interesting to live in Iowa!

I'm not sure what that person is talking about.....both VanderPlaats and Rants are about as Republican as they get..... unless that person is talking about someone who is "moderate-center" politically./

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
Reading between the blog lines, I would say the moderates want their candidate.

Vander Plaats has dedicated volunteers already at work. My silent majority group is no longer silent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
DannyPoo wrote:
As much as I like Christopher Rants, many here in Iowa want Bob Vanderplaats.

Danny, what's your take on the differences between the two?

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
I will give my take on Rants vs. Vander Plaats. I am not close to Rants' district but Danny is so our views may be very different. Here is how I see it:

While they are both conservatives, both social and fiscal, I believe that Vander Plaats has a deep commitment to the social issues that is woven into his very being. Rants, on the other hand, I believe his stance on the social issues are out of political smarts. While I am grateful for Rants' determination in the Iowa House to get the vote on the marriage amendment, I believe it was a political move and not a move of conviction. Don't get me wrong, he is doing the right things and we need people to advance our agenda no matter what their motivation, but I don't think Rants has the deep convictions to advance that agenda if elected as Governor.

In other words; I don't trust Rants. I trust Bob VP 100% to say what he means and do what he says.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:16 pm 
***** General

Quote:
While they are both conservatives, both social and fiscal, I believe that Vander Plaats has a deep commitment to the social issues that is woven into his very being. Rants, on the other hand, I believe his stance on the social issues are out of political smarts. While I am grateful for Rants' determination in the Iowa House to get the vote on the marriage amendment, I believe it was a political move and not a move of conviction. Don't get me wrong, he is doing the right things and we need people to advance our agenda no matter what their motivation, but I don't think Rants has the deep convictions to advance that agenda if elected as Governor.

I essentially agree with the essence of what you said here. Although I don't think Christopher did it just for "political" reasons. At least not in the negative way. I believe Christopher is committed to all the planks of the Republican party, not just for political reasons, but because he is committed to the party and keeping us unified. (That's how I would phrase it anyways).

From what I know of Christopher is that he has supported Republicans regardless of whether they lean more fiscal, or more social. But he is undoubtedbly more focused on fiscal issues.

For me what it is...is that I know about Bob is that he definately has something deep within him that keeps him committed to the social issues and right now we need that in Iowa more than anything. That has solidified my committment towards him. Also, I know Bob is solid on fiscal issues, which is also needed.

Whoever gets the Republican nom for Governor, I will vote for. As long as it's one of the three that are currently touted, Bob VP, Rants, or Steve King.

UPDATE: Bob is also the only one who has essentially stated and believes that he can/will issue an executive order to stop same-sex marriages until Iowa has a chance to vote on it.