Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Next Steps
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
ConservTexan wrote:
I will take notes. Hopefully others will as well.

I'll have to miss tonight's conference call, unfortunately. Second year of law school and exams start Saturday, but I'm still very much on board. I'll be looking for those notes ConservTexan. :D

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
I'm on the call!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
ConservTexan wrote:
I will take notes. Hopefully others will as well.

Thank you so much! By the time I called in, I had missed most of the call.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
sorry guys, I totally forgot the meeting after I posted my update earlier... sheesh

I had to take my son to basketball practice and once we left it went straight out of my head even though I had the call info with me

I hope it was a productive call

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
sorry guys, I totally forgot the meeting after I posted my update earlier... sheesh

I had to take my son to basketball practice and once we left it went straight out of my head even though I had the call info with me

I've had moments like that...while I'm sorry you missed, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that kind of thing! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 pm 
General

Liked: 52
FirstCoastTerp wrote:

We were wondering where you were - missed you! David said we should plan another call before too long, so we will expect your insights on that one :)

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
For those of you who were on the call, please add anything that you think I missed, or correct anything I typed in wrong. I had a hard time hearing as my cell phone kept going in and out.

David moderated the call. He went over some of the moderator functions and tutorials, they can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12605
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12607
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12606

Those of you who are moderators and have not added your name and contact information to this thread should do so here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5184&p=35423#p35423

Plans for 2012-emailing or pm'ing those who are moderators but are not active right now-contact them to say here is what we are doing, ask them if they are planning on supporting Huckabee in 2012, ask if they want to continue to be a moderator/administrator. We did not decide who would do this or when we should do this.

MaryRae was sending out pm to new members welcoming and telling them about HucksArmy. She mentioned that she would do this again.

Shelley mentioned that we needed to have the link on the homepage to the forum highlighted, color coded, and with some welcoming verbiage so that new members would know how to get to the forum.

I talked about updating the video section-how people could do this in their spare time, watch the video, add some bullet points or a paragraph about what Huckabee discussed in the video, and change the title of the thread so it would be more helpful in searching for Huckabee's policies or previous speeches/statements.

How do we get more members for HA? Watch and look for people who are on facebook, twitter, Huckabee show feedback site, other websites, friends and neighbors you know within your own state. If they are people who seem to be consistently positive about a Huckabee 2012 run, invite them to join HA.

Response to criticism of Huckabee: Know Huckabee's record, be able to articulate it, connect his core supporters, address misconceptions.

David said he would give moderators access to post blogs on front page. We could take a Huckabee video, post it, add content to it, and then it could be put out on twitter-relevant topics, topics of past that have become relevant.

Shelley encouraged us to become active in twitter. She explained how those who write for blogs look at the topic for twitter feeds for new ideas and topics. By putting positive tweets out about Huckabee and spacing them out throughout the day, we can create a positive theme for bloggers to write about Huckabee.

Tweeting would be especially effective now against negative smears by the LGBT community and by the Libertarians who are especially targeting Huckabee right now. We can put out positive information, correct inconsistencies that these groups are tweeting.

For beginners of twitter we can google "how to use twitter" and "twitter guide" for helpful information.

Follow Friday is done on Friday-tell people who to follow.

Instead of putting out multiple tweets in a row, use hootsuite or tweetdeck-it is used for disbursement of information throughout the day.

Trend-certain words trend, means you are important, relevant.

Next conference call-will add more people who are not necessarily moderators but are trusted members of HucksArmy.

Finally we talked about Huckpac and the new format-how Ning changed their pricing package and now we have one website with different areas for each state. Please get involved in your area.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Thanks for the notes, Debbie!

In response to the topic we discussed on how to use Twitter, here's a link to a guide:
http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Very excellent notes Debbie!

Here's the link to the Team Huck ning site:

www.teamhuck.ning.com

I'll also share it for everyone to see - just to make sure everyone is aware.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:52 pm 
General

Thanks, Debbie! I also took notes, but what you have posted here is more comprehensive than mine - we appreciate it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 pm 
***** General

Y'all are very welcome.

Like I said, I had a hard time hearing with my cell phone. I felt like I was jumping in because I thought I would hear a silence/pause and then I think it was just my cell phone. So sorry if I cut anyone off when I was speaking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm 
General

ConservTexan wrote:
MaryRae was sending out pm to new members welcoming and telling them about HucksArmy. She mentioned that she would do this again.

I had been sending a PM to every new member that joined, but I just checked back in my outbox and sent messages - it has been 9 months since I last did this! I will be doing my best to get it out to every new member again from this point (we don't have as many joining as frequently as we did in the past), and I wanted to again post what I send out to see if any of you have anything you would suggest that I change:

Quote:
Welcome to the Huck's Army forums!

I was glad to see you joined up! When I initially joined the forums, I hardly knew where to go, so I thought I would try to pass along a few helpful hints you might find useful. (If you've been here as a guest for awhile, you might already be aware of these.)

Before you begin posting on HA, members must read and adhere to our Guidelines. Please read them here and reply to me in a PM that you understand them and are willing to comply. Especially note #2: No Supporting Opposing Candidates. Please understand that this is a Mike Huckabee support site. If you are not a Huckabee supporter, please do not waste our time or yours. There are plenty of other forums out there to express opposing views, but that is not the purpose of Huck's Army! Here is a link to the guidelines:
http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2796

With over 190,000 posts covering 22,000 topics, I have found it most convenient to select either "View active topics" on the top left or "View new posts" on the top right to see the latest discussions.

One of the great things about the forums is the ability to send PM's (personal messages). You can click on "PM" at the bottom of any post or when viewing a member's profile.

Of course we would love to have you go over and sign the roll call http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11385
to introduce yourself or just let us know you're here :)

And anytime you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send a PM to a moderator (name is in green) or administrator (name is in red) and we will be happy to help!

Mary Rae

I realize we also now have an "Introductions" thread, so maybe I should direct them there instead of the "roll call" thread? Let me know what else should be added or deleted if you have suggestions!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I had my dates wrong, and totally missed this. I was at Christmas Choir practice, but would have at least been with you in spirit :-)

Thanks so much for the notes, I'll go through them all and the tutorials.

Getting very excited for what's ahead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm 
***** General

Check this out: http://blogs4palin.blogspot.com/

We need to have a coordinated effort for Huckabee blogs.

David what do you think? Would you be able to get something like this started?

I noticed on most people's blogrolls, a lot of them are outdated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
I would love to see something like this started. That said, I already have too much on my plate doing HA updates and emails and blog posts. If you or others want to take this one, i will do what I can to support.