Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Those were all too funny. :lol:

Just remember folks, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If we do not let them know of our disappointment in the pictures they chose, or say, their lack of coverage on Huckabee, they will just keep doing what they do.

Here is a link to newsmax email page:

http://www.newsmax.com/contact/editors? ... /id/381281

In my email, I gave them the link to WiseRepublic and the great picture that site posted :wink:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
ConservTexan wrote:

Just remember folks, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If we do not let them know of our disappointment in the pictures they chose, or say, their lack of coverage on Huckabee, they will just keep doing what they do.

In my email, I gave them the link to WiseRepublic and the great picture that site posted :wink:

Debbie: You are so right...getting on that right now!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
If they don't plan on greasing your wheel, squeaking will get the following result:
If your squeaking isn't overwhelming them, they will ignore you.
If it is really effective, it will either get the desired result, or they will still attempt to ignore you. Sometimes to their detriment.
To be effective by phone you need at least several thousand committed to a coordinated effort. An email campaign need not be precisely coordinated, but tens of thousands, possibly many more truly committed to the effort may be needed.
I learned this during the 2008 campaign. We once gave Mark Levin the choice of talking to Ron Paul supporters, talking to himself or playing music.
When he got tired of talking to himself, he actually resorted to playing music.
I wonder what would have happened if we kept calling in for days.
Glad we eased up, as Mark was quite kind to Rand Paul this go around.
Get a bank of five to ten thousand, and you will be surprised at the effect you will have.
We called the RNC switch board in mass, effectively rendering it useless until Saul Anuzis relented and allowed Ron in the Michigan debates.
Just be civil, but don't be afraid to hit them with overwhelming numbers.
Such a large base of truly committed folks is indispensable for effective moneybombs.
I look forward to seeing this kind of committed support for an actually electable guy this time. An unbeatable combination.

Steadfast wrote:
ConservTexan wrote:

Debbie: You are so right...getting on that right now!

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Here is the HotAir (infamous Palin site) blog on the CNN poll. It is really quite amusing as it is only written to flame up her supporters. The Mike Huckabee "fee-vah." Interesting that it gives the results of how the tea party polled also. Huckabee 2012!!

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/28/cnn-poll-the-gops-got-a-fee-vah-and-the-only-prescription-is-more-mike-huckabee/

BTW, don't go to the comments because the poll is "wrong."

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 21
Wow! Did anyone else see Erick Erickson (of RedState) on AC360 tonight? Mark him down as not for Huckabee...

And.. Marc Lamont Hill thinks that Huckabee will be the nominee.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Jack_Somers81 wrote:
Wow! Did anyone else see Erick Erickson (of RedState) on AC360 tonight? Mark him down as not for Huckabee...

Ya Erickson lost all credibility with this one here...http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21107&p=174387&hilit=erik#p174387

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Jack_Somers81 wrote:

I stayed up late last night just to see the 360 repeat...Erick has never been a Huck supporter so I didn't expect him to say positive things about him.

I don't recall exact words (could barely keep my eyes open) but...

First they talked about Palin's trending poll numbers (downward). Erick said it is because she is overexposed, that it is not her fault...she can't help it that the media focuses on her...and those doing well in the poll (Huckabee/Romney) are not overexposed, therefore they did well. [Well if that's appropriate logic then there are plenty of others on the potential candidate list who are less exposed than Huck and should therefore be at the top of the poll]. Hill countered with the fact that Palin may be overexposed but it is largely to her own doing (Sarah Palin's Alaska, DWTS, Twitter, FB) and that these platforms put her in a undesirable/unpresidential light; and that the 'exposure' only emphasizes her weaknesses. He even laughed at her making one of his own tweets a favorite of hers.

Then they put up the poll numbers showing Huck at the top and Palin at the bottom. Erick basically said he was shocked that Huckabee did this well and it didn't mean much anyway since Conservatives (tea party types ?) want a fiscal conservative and that's not Huck. I guess we are to take from his comments then that CNN polled only non-fiscal conservatives to get this result. Plus he forgot to comment that a cross-tab in the poll showed Huckabee doing much better with those identified as Tea Party than Palin did.

Hill informed Erick that Huckabee would be the nominee and that he had been saying it for two years.

Obviously Erick couldn't dis the poll too much since CNN commissioned it and he works for them. Too bad :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 am 
***** General

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL92Vxu-byc

Randi Kaye leads a political roundup discussing Sarah Palin's power, the Democrats' pick and a presidential fumble.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:08 pm 
***** General

THE VICTIM CARD DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hill countered with the fact that Palin may be overexposed but it is largely to her own doing (Sarah Palin's Alaska, DWTS, Twitter, FB)

One of my favorite sayings is "sometimes people create their own problems."

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 pm 
***** General

Iowans Rock wrote:
THE VICTIM CARD DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hill countered with the fact that Palin may be overexposed but it is largely to her own doing (Sarah Palin's Alaska, DWTS, Twitter, FB)

One of my favorite sayings is "sometimes people create their own problems."

What Erickson said is one big apology for Palin. That's all her supporters ever do. Take the harsh reality of her declining numbers and truthful criticism of her and somehow spin it to make it not her fault or that it is wrong or that it will change if she runs for POTUS or that people just "have it out for her." This allows Palin to keep playing the victim card and that nothing is her fault. Talk about liberals not caring about personal responsibility....I think we have some on our own side.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
Iowans Rock wrote:
Here is the HotAir (infamous Palin site) blog on the CNN poll. It is really quite amusing ...
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/28/cnn-poll-the-gops-got-a-fee-vah-and-the-only-prescription-is-more-mike-huckabee/

It is amusing. Here are his take away questions:
Quote:
Exit question one: How is a guy who managed 32 measly votes in the Hot Air mega-poll about 2012 cleaning up among tea partiers and conservatives? I realize our readership isn’t necessarily representative of the base, but it should be a little representative. Exit question two: Given that this poll makes Huckabee more likely to run and thus to split the social conservative vote with Palin, you know who these numbers really benefit? You guessed it!

Huckabee is truly despised over there, and Palin is their queen, but it also appears that they would select Romney over Huckabee if Palin is effectively out. Notice that he assumes that Palin will run and suggests that Romney is benefited by both Huckabee and Palin being in.

If you read his analysis I believe his real problem is that he perceives this imaginary gulf between "social" conservatives, and "fiscal" conservatives. He places Romney in the "fiscal" plain and Huckabee as only occupying the "social" ground while he thinks Palin straddles both.

The truth is there is an enormous amount of overlap with most "social" conservatives also very concerned with "fiscal" issues as well because they properly see them as inextricably connected, just as one finds in the Scripture and just as our founding fathers did. The economic sphere must not be separated from the moral sphere. Jesus certainly did not. Honesty and fairness in the marketplace is a moral issue. Government overreach and dishonesty are a moral issue. Homosexuality is not only a moral problem but an economic one and defense issue.

Government can not exist in a moral vacuum; there will always be a philosophical/theological basis for how decisions are made. The question is not will moral values influence government, but rather, will the values which influence government be moral; that is, will they be good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 pm 
***** General

The funny thing about all of this, is look at hotair's other piece they put out a little bit after the CNN Huckabee poll. They did a piece on Romney not running, because Klopez made it a 2011 prediction on NRO. That piece on hotair has over 1000 comments and counting. The Rombots and Palinistas are attacking each other over it. Meanwhile, the Huckabee piece only has 270 comments.

2011 is going to be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
ConservTexan wrote:
The funny thing about all of this, is look at hotair's other piece they put out a little bit after the CNN Huckabee poll. They did a piece on Romney not running, because Klopez made it a 2011 prediction on NRO. That piece on hotair has over 1000 comments and counting. The Rombots and Palinistas are attacking each other over it. Meanwhile, the Huckabee piece only has 270 comments.

2011 is going to be fun.

It reminds of the scene in the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie (The Twin Towers, IIRC) when the two different types of Orcs start attacking each other while the two Hobbits scramble away into the forests. :lol:

They see Huck making his way up the mountain while they're doing what many of their respective supporters seem to do best: throw mud at each other. Huck may get to out of reach from their mudballs if they don't watch out. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Iowans Rock wrote:
Wendero wrote:
If Huckabee wins, frontpage will read "Palin twitters congratulations to Huckabee" ;)

No, it will be "Palin tweets 'Congrats to new President" and then while talking about it Fox will play a video of her and Greta building a snowman in Alaska.

When Huck becomes POTUS, I can see the headline on conservative blogs and talk radio shows now........"GOP takes back the White House on the strength of Palin supporters and Talk Radio.......will next President enact the Palin agenda?" :lol: .......... :wall-yellow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 pm 
General

Liked: 71
If Palin's support is truely starting to fall, as this indicates, then we should see Huckbee's increase. I think if was PPP which asked the 2nd choice question inwhich most of Palin supporters had Huckabee as thier second.

It would be an interesting development to start the new year inwhich political talk will officailly switch gears to who's in and who's out in 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 pm 
***** General

Not sure if this information has been posted yet...
Additional information from CNN poll-

Support Likely/Support Unlikely

MIKE HUCKABEE

Among Republicans } 69/32 ..+37
Among Independents } 66/30 ...+36
Among Conservatives } 74/25 ...+49
Among Tea Partiers } 72/26 ....+46
Among Moderates } 61/35 ....+26

Huckabee had the best numbers for all categories.

MITT ROMNEY

Among Republicans } 63/35 ..+28
Among Independents } 54/44 ...+10
Among Conservatives } 62/37 ...+25
Among Tea Partiers } 66/33 ....+33
Among Moderates } 54/43 ....+11

SARAH PALIN

Among Republicans } 60/40 ..+20
Among Independents } 38/62 ..-24!
Among Conservatives } 58/41 ..+17
Among Tea Partiers } 62/37 ....+25
Among Moderates } 29/72 ....-43!