Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 pm 

Liked: 152
I sent Bill a PM but thought I'd bring it up in here, too. Last week I mentioned on one thread that my granddaugter want's a Huck's Army t-shirt. Others have voiced wanting them in the past also. Mine from the '08 primaries looks pretty old and has shrunk (or I've gained weight).

Here is a copy of the PM I sent Bill:

Bill,
My granddaughter, Domo (nickname for Dominique) and I would like to get your permission to use the Huck's Army image to order t-shirts from a young man in our church. Trevor has made our church youth group t-shirts before and he does a very good job. Trevor has also agreed to make shirts available for us to use as a fundraiser - with the profits to be used to donate to Mike (or HuckPAC candidates if he doesn't run). (I hope that means he'll give a good price.)

Domo and I are hoping to go to Huckabee's book signing in Dubuque at the end of February - and would love to wear Huck's Army t-shirts. Regardless, of whether or not the fundraising works out - may Domo and I have your permission to use the logo for ours :?: Trevor said he'd be willing to just make two and keep the template on file for any future orders.

My granddaughter wants her shirt to be lime green with maybe a white logo. I'd probably choose a darker color or white.

I'd like to get him started on them soon so that he has time to finish them.

Thank you.
- Donna

I noticed that there is already a link at the top of our forum that says "Fundraising". I'd love to get as much Huck'sArmy gear and Huckabee gear as possible to sell for the profits to be used as early money for Huckabee if he runs again. Like I told Bill in my PM - if Mike doesn't run we could use it for HuckPAC endorsed candidates. [or maybe save for a future Huckabee presidential run or something] We could set up a Huck'sArmy account somewhere [if there isn't one already]. I'd be willing to do whatever I can.

I'm hoping to get an answer from someone ASAP about having Trevor print up t-shirts for Domo and me. He has a full time job and will have to work on my project in his basement "hobby shop" in his spare time. He also has to order the t-shirts and any other supplies he'll need for painting them. He already has all of the equipment set up. If we get the Huck's Army okay; he said he'd be willing to print up a few extra for Domo and me to take to Dubuque in case other members want them.

What do we need to do to start fundraising? And should I ask him if he could put a mini emblem on a purple tie to give Mike to wear in the event he wants to give us a sign that he's very serious about running :wink: If Trevor could do it, I'd be willing to buy the tie and pay Trevor for his work. I'm sure he'd be a lot cheaper than any other custom shop for 1 item like that. So, where can I find a solid purple tie? And how would something like this image done in black placed toward the upper part of the tie look?
Report for duty! [centered under it]

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 pm 

If we can't use the Huck's Army logo - how would I get permission to use Team Huck? From things I've read there aren't limits to donations in some of the states for PACs. Could we donate extra for Huckabee in one of those states - and use that for state to set up our "fundraising business?" Since political contributions are not tax deductible, would there be any tax liabilities for fundraising profits?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I would love a HucksArmy t-shirt. Although I like lime green, I think a white t-shirt might be better-that way the Hucksarmy logo would stand out.

If we get the go ahead to do this, we should also have something on the back. Anyone have ideas?? 2012 President Huckabee

The tie idea is great. I think that Huckabee needs to have a specific purple tie so that when he wears it, we know that is THE PURPLE TIE and not just any old purple tie. The Hucksarmy logo all over it would be great. Kinda like the guitar tie that Huckabee wears with the little guitars all over it.

Let us know what you find out GrannyT.

All those who are interested should pm GrannyT with your T-shirt size and if you would be willing to go in on the cost of the tie.

Marching towards 2012
:army

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Huck's Army should really stay away from fundraising. We hashed through this last time and came to the conclusion that HA is simply a grassroots community and not a political organization of any kind. Any fundraising should be associated with HuckPac or TeamHuck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:26 pm 

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Huck's Army should really stay away from fundraising. We hashed through this last time and came to the conclusion that HA is simply a grassroots community and not a political organization of any kind. Any fundraising should be associated with HuckPac or TeamHuck.

Thank you for answering that question. Now for my other question. Would it be okay to use the HucksArmy logo from the top of our forum page on a T-shirt? Trevor doesn't want to use it unless I get an ok. Bill received my PM but didn't respond. I'm thinking of trying to get the shirt to say:

Mike Huckabee
for President

[each line centered under the logo]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I'm not sure about that. I suggest PMing David to see if he can chime in on this.

On the one hand, I don't think it is a big deal and very unlikely to ever lead to any problems, BUT we should do the right thing and we'd hate to have the rare issue actually happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 pm 

Ken,
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Huck's Army is not copyrighted to my knowledge. I don't have a problem with graphics being used in new ways to promote the site although I would get ok from Bill at 513-703-9375 to make sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm 

I talked to Bill. He said he'd rather not have us making our own gear using the HucksArmy logo. He said he is planning on making some changes and launching some gear in a month or two. So, we need to be patient. If anyone needs something sooner - contact Bill because he can still get them fairly reasonably priced.

Domo and I will just have Trevor make us up some Huckabee for President 2012 t-shirts without the logo.