Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Money Bomb for HuckPac
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:39 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 0
We are having a Money Bomb for HuckPac, scheduled this Friday, Feb. 25th. I have posted it on the private FB Huck12 page. Last night when I checked, we only had 28 people out of 1488 that have signed up to contribute to the Money Bomb for HuckPac. HuckPac has set a goal of 5,000 contributions by the end of March. This morning, HuckPac has posted that they have had 893 contributions. Presently, we are a long way from the goal. A $5.00 donation would be great, or if possible, a $20.12 donation would be even better! Whatever amount you can give, nor matter how small or large would be appreciated by Gov. Huckabee. Let's work together to push him over that 5,000 donation goal that has been set by HuckPac. If you are willing to donate "something" on Friday, Feb. 25th, please post here, if you have not already posted that you will "attend" the Money Bomb event on the private FB Huck12 page.
Thanks!
P.S. Let's show Gov. Huckabee that we want him to run for President by donating to this Money Bomb on Friday! :pompom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
I'm participating!

Thanks for the leadership, Keencoffee!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Steadfast wrote:
I'm participating!

Thanks for the leadership, Keencoffee!

Always happy to add my two cents. Make that $5 or more! Our leaders need encouragement, and opening our pocketbook is one very significant way to do that. Thanks, Keencoffee. (Are you one of those who loves coffee morning, noon, and night?)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Libertypac just completed their money bomb yesterday, raising over $400,000.00 in one day. Since the site's re-activation Feb 8,2011 there have been over 14,000 individuals donating. Now let's try to show em how it's done.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:08 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Can we send out a Huck's Army e-mail (if one hasn't been sent out yet) so everyone knows about this?

I plan on contributing $20.12 this Friday. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
I will be donating this Friday! Thanks for doing this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:08 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
I just donated $20.12 yesterday but will do it again Friday in support of this great idea. I am telling others also.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Can somebody go and post this on ALL of the Huckabee websites on Facebook...Mike Huckabee's, South Carolina for Huckabee, Iowa for Huckabee, etc. so we can get the word out to donate to Mike Huckabee on Friday. We need a really big turnout.

I will be donating on Friday for me and my husband so that will make two donations rather than me donating just once.

Ron Paul had a money bomb on Monday and got $700,000. Wouldn't that be great for Mike Huckabee???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 pm 
Captain

Liked: 4
I will be donating on Friday. My husband and mom will be making donations on Friday as well. I will try to promote this as much as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I'll donate. This is a great idea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Vote For Truth wrote:
Can somebody go and post this on ALL of the Huckabee websites on Facebook...Mike Huckabee's, South Carolina for Huckabee, Iowa for Huckabee, etc. so we can get the word out to donate to Mike Huckabee on Friday. We need a really big turnout.

I will be donating on Friday for me and my husband so that will make two donations rather than me donating just once.

I agree. We need to spread word about this fast or else it'll end up being a money dud, not a money bomb. We should all post comments on Huckabee Facebook groups and pages. What about the following:

Quote:
ATTENTION! Huck PAC Money Bomb this Friday, Feb 25! Huck Pac has set a goal of 5,000 donations by March 31; let's help Gov. Huckabee reach this goal early! A $5 contribution would be great (but a $20.12 contribution is suggested to encourage Gov. Huckabee to run for president!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 pm 
Lieutenant General

I hope they put up a ticker to see the donations as they happen. It's a great way to keep up the momentum all 24 hours. Also, state up front if it is a 24 hr moneybomb, or extends beyond 24 hrs to accommodate the left coast.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

As you all know I support Ron Paul and Mike differently. I like both, however, I decided on Mike over Ron Paul vote-wise after gauging their (voter) support in the polls. My decision is nearly settled.
But I also like to make sure of good grass roots response before committing any money for similar reasons. Decided on not wasting votes on people who are don't have a solid base of likely voters. Mike always gets over 20% in polls where Ron rarely goes over 10. Similarly, I like to see supporters (different from voters) who aren't afraid to back up their candidate with an almost sacrificial level of giving.
Libertypac moneybomb netted over $400,000.00 in 24 hours with 14,000 individual donors and well over $700,000.00 since the pac re-activated Feb 8. Hope to see the level of commitment that Mike has.

The above always assumes I can support a majority of the candidate's positions in the first place.

Will probably still vote for Mike, but need to see just how committed his supporters are before sending any additional financial support. I have actually donated a few times to Huckpac in the past.

The one area I worry about with Mike is fundraising.

BTW, I like to see mostly grass-roots support, meaning the majority of funds coming from an extremely large donor base with a lower overall average donation, proving to the country that he is the people's candidate and not a just another fat cat

Mike can win the race, but please don't let him run out of fuel.

Now, step up Friday and do Mike proud with a real HUCKABOOM!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
This post is not intended to temper anyones enthusiasm to support this moneybomb.

Melopa,
Honestly, I hope that your expectations are not 400k plus or even 10% of that goal, for this money bomb. That would not be a fair gauge of the grassroots level of support for Governor Huckabee.

I am sure that you are aware, to reach those levels of donations, it needs to be an extremely well organized effort. We would need to be sending out emails at least 3-4 weeks in advance to large lists(in the hundreds of thousands) of fellow supporters preparing them for the upcoming moneybomb. We would need a working moneybomb ticker widget, preferably with a live counter.

This particular Moneybomb was put together by a few of Governor Huckabee's supporters at the very last second. Again, this is not a knock on who is throwing this together, because it's a good thing and I will be supporting this both financially and through my personal social contacts. But it would not be fair to compare this to the Liberty PAC money bomb. And to raise anyone's expectations to those levels as a possible gauge of success is simply not fair.

melopa wrote:
As you all know I support Ron Paul and Mike differently. I like both, however, I decided on Mike over Ron Paul vote-wise after gauging their (voter) support in the polls. My decision is nearly settled.
But I also like to make sure of good grass roots response before committing any money for similar reasons. Decided on not wasting votes on people who are don't have a solid base of likely voters. Mike always gets over 20% in polls where Ron rarely goes over 10. Similarly, I like to see supporters (different from voters) who aren't afraid to back up their candidate with an almost sacrificial level of giving.
Libertypac moneybomb netted over $400,000.00 in 24 hours with 14,000 individual donors and well over $700,000.00 since the pac re-activated Feb 8. Hope to see the level of commitment that Mike has.

The above always assumes I can support a majority of the candidate's positions in the first place.

Will probably still vote for Mike, but need to see just how committed his supporters are before sending any additional financial support. I have actually donated a few times to Huckpac in the past.

The one area I worry about with Mike is fundraising.

BTW, I like to see mostly grass-roots support, meaning the majority of funds coming from an extremely large donor base with a lower overall average donation, proving to the country that he is the people's candidate and not a just another fat cat

Mike can win the race, but please don't let him run out of fuel.

Now, step up Friday and do Mike proud with a real HUCKABOOM!

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:03 am 
Lieutenant General

Just challenging everyone to whatever they are capable of.
I am really glad to see an effort going forth. Mike already has the electability factor. But there is a ramp-up time, and maybe less so, a learning curve, and the best way to prepare is practice. And as a byproduct, Mike's Pac will benefit.
Last time around, I was supporting Ron and when he was toast after Iowa, I kinda looked to Mike at least in spirit and just after Mike really got smoking in the early primaries, big money ran a barrage of negative ads and the bought and paid for press chimed in. If at that crucial time he had Ron's grassroots fund raising network, I feel he could have quickly raised the money to overcome the barrage of negative ads and press, and would have been the one to pull ahead.

Back in 2008, every time someone dissed Ron, I and a lot of supporters responded with donations. If Ron were were to win just one primary, I and a multitude of others planned on immediately maxing out our donation.
The more Ron was attacked, the more we donated.
Repeated primary losses in early 2008 took their toll, yet Ron was still able to have a few million dollar money bombs in January and February 2008.

Mike has done the heavy lifting and can win.
Hucks Army has clearly proven itself as a boots on the ground organization.
I just don't want to see Mike lacking monetary support this time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
I've written myself a note on the calendar and will be participating.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
sandra wrote:
I just donated $20.12 yesterday but will do it again Friday in support of this great idea. I am telling others also.

Same plan here. It was so good to meet Sandra and her husband last night! We had a chance to talk a little of how to help Huckabee. She and her husband traveled to Florida in 2008 to help with the primary race for Mike. They had good suggestions for how to do the sign wave, etc. and were a great blessing to us.

I thank God for all the skills and efforts of those who can organize something like this money bomb. We can all give something, even if it is $5. For this special event, I would encourage us to send a message and give $20.12. And melopa, if you think Mike Huckabee is a great leader and person, I hope you will give to encourage him in all his hard work and travels. It is not easy to be on the road so much and speak up when people disagree. He may not run for President (it looks like he will) but we can show him we will support him if he does. We might make a difference through our giving and our prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Reminder that the Money Bomb starts at midnight and goes to midnight on Friday. The goal is to get hundreds of donations in the next 24 hour period. Donations of any amount are good - even $1. I think most of us can do that. You can also give multiple times if you like :)

Also, please go to your state's Team Huck page on Facebook, i.e., Team Huck Indiana or South Carolina, etc. Look for the event posted on that page and RSVP and share it with your FB friends from your state. Let's get the word out tonight!

Huck PAC is fighting to reach 5,000 donations by the end of March and this is an attempt to give a boost to the counter!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
At 12:01 AM I'll be donating $20.12! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 am 
Lieutenant General

Donations Raised So Far : 1,073

At about 12:33 AM Eastern Time