Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: December 27th....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 0
Is there any update on this project? I'm wondering if given the campaign's new December 15th goal it wouldn't be much, much, much better to match their deadline like we did with November 20th. That strategy was very effective last time -- only they matched us instead of us matching them.

Thoughts? I'm having a hard time thinking of any reason why we should wait until the 27th.

Post subject: Re: December 27th....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:40 am 
Private

As discussed in this thread, the website is dec27th.com (redirects to dec27th.hucksarmy.com), so a new domain would need to be purchased if a new date is set. The site is functional (uses a database on the hucksarmy.com server) and the only mention of December 27th is at the top, in text, so it could easily be changed. I'll defer to David Schmidt since he bought the domain name...
Peace,
Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am 
Vice President

I think the 15th is not cool for a number of reasons -
1. we do not have time to promote
2. ron paulites have a big push on the 17th - they will be very vigilant to attack us on this date. (which might help us.... but i digress)
3. we have been getting worked up for a post Christmas push. i kinda liked this thought..

any others?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:11 am 
I agree, it's too late to move the date up. But it's almost too late to get busy promoting the existing date.

Let's not tinker with it anymore, and let's do get busy promoting it.

As far as it effecting the December 15th fundraising deadline, I don't believe it will. The goal isn't really very high and as support is building I don't think it'll take a big push to make it.

I vote December 27th.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 am 
Vice President

i have a list of 444 bloggers -
we need to divvy these up and start contacting them -
how do you suggest? (These are the Huckabee website bloggers) -
also,
we have 32 people who have endorsed huckabee - im workign on contacting them to promote this -
what day do you want to "go public" ? im thinking the 10th or 12th -
your thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:07 am 
Site Admin

Guys, the Ron Paul November 5th fundraiser only had a few weeks to promote and they did fine -- obviously.

Here's what I'm worried about. The campaign is currently facing the frustrating lack of cooperation from Trust Huckabee. Huck's Army has not yet upset the official campaign -- and I'd like to keep it that way. The Ron Paul campaign was frustrated by their supporters planning a fundraiser on the 17th of December because they felt it was too late.

It might be a little more work to aim for the 15th, but I don't know how much you're going to get between the 15th and the 27th anyway. People are not going to be paying attention.

The campaign has already set a goal for the 15th. If we help them break through the goal we can set another one for the second half of the month. I think we need to set working with the campaign very high on our priority list.

Also, it helps people out to only have one day to remember. You might not have noticed this, but that was a huge part of making November 20th a success.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:10 am 
Site Admin

bpassmore wrote:
what day do you want to "go public" ? im thinking the 10th or 12th - your thoughts?

What are we waiting for to go public with this? It seems to me that you are waiting way too long for either the 15th or the 27th (I really think that the 20th-26th is going to be a black hole for a lot of people).

Also, is there somewhere else where you guys are working on the details of this thing? I have seen any of the discussion. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 am 
Site Admin

P.S. I don't mean to change all your plans -- I just haven't seen any of the plans. What has been done so far? How committed are we to December 27th? What is our plans for promotion? Who is already behind this?

P.P.S. Sorry for all the questions. I'm having to catch up on everything. :)

P.P.P.S. Thanks guys. I think you are all awesome. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:59 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
I say we stick with Dec. 27th...

Here is why...the capaign goal will encourage people to support leading up to the 15th and on the 15th.

We want to control the media betwee Dec. 25th and Iowa caucus...if we do Dec. 27th fundraising (positive news)
and Dec. 29th (I Like Mike Day) positive news...then we help make sure that Huckabee has buzz leading up to the vote.

Also, it allows people to donate Christmas money that they have just received.

I just send at email to DannyPoo checking on the status of the video for that event.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:12 am 
Private

Brett, if you have two graphics and a domain I'd be willing to adapt the design for December 15th, as long as David Schmidt doesn't think it'd take away from the December 27th design and momentum. If people get excited about the December 15th donation, then that might make them more excited for a December 27th donation. :D
Peace,
Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:22 am 
***** General

That is fine...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 am 
**** General

The last thing I want to do is take anything away from the Campaign. It's their goals we should be pushing, not our own.
Has anyone considered actually asking the campaign what they think? We could email Chris M. I know they won't be involved...but we could certainly give a heads up to make sure it doesn't interfere with any of their plans. I mean, who knows what the "big announcement" is on Thursday? Could be another fundraising thing for all we know. As usual, I'm just wary of donate later ideas.
~C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:18 am 
I agree with Christian, but aside from a request from the campaign to the contrary, I still favor December 27th.

There will be a considerable amount of financial "pressure" on many people prior to the shopping season of Christmas. I, for one, can not commit to a contribution prior to Christmas. I always get bit by last-minute gifts and I'm not going to risk being broke on Christmas.

All that pressure will be gone one the 27th, which in fact is the day after a payday for many folks. This will make it a lot easier to contribute to the campaign.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:49 am 
***** General

I don't have any cents to give but to say that whatever we do let's get the blessing from the campaign. The RP campaign folks were not happy with their supporters setting money bomb dates that don't work.

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

I think you guys are right. I'm leaning towards the 27th -- provided that the campaign doesn't feel that it conflicts with what they're doing. Who should email Chris? I could send it, but I'd rather have someone more familiar with the strategy and goals of the project write the email. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:14 pm 
My friends, we're less than 264 hours from this date. I really haven't heard anything about this fundraiser.

Why aren't there any updates (of if there are, why am I so blind that I've missed them)?

I'm worried that the time to promote this fundraiser has passed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 am 
**** General

And now someone else has started publicizing a January 1st bomb on the official site. (Huckabee 101...1/01) they call it asking folks to donate $101. I'll go back and try to find the guys site again....found it! We can't both do our and his. Someone will need to contact him with our details...if we're still doing it.
http://www.freewebs.com/huckabeewatch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:21 am 
***** General

Christian wrote:
And now someone else has started publicizing a January 1st bomb on the official site. (Huckabee 101...1/01) they call it asking folks to donate $101. I'll go back and try to find the guys site again....found it! We can't both do our and his. Someone will need to contact him with our details...if we're still doing it.
http://www.freewebs.com/huckabeewatch

What do you guys think of this being on January 1st? If people wait to donate on January first and lets say we bring in 400 thousand, won't that be worse when Huckabee has to report his fund raising for the 4th quarter? He can report it sometime between January 3rd and the end of January and people will weigh this number on Huckabee to see what a turn around he has made.

So if we had the fundraiser before January 1st then Huckabee can say that the total funds were $7.2 million rather than $6.8 as an example.

I think we should try to push for the funraising date to be in December for multiple reasons.

I hate to say this but there also might be a small possibility that this guy is doing the Huckabee 101 reason for that exact purpose.

I hate these conspiracy theories but that is the game we are in in the online world.

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:35 am 
***** General

We were going to have a video by DannyPoo could not do it and I have just been trying to survive coordnating the meetup groups.... we need a video or something...i have edited the site with text to make is passable for now.
http://dec27th.com/

We should start promotion NOW. Any day before this and we can not promote it in time...and time later and it will be in the next Q.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:36 am 
***** General

Can someone make a banner for this and get this on HA? Also can someone send a mass email to HA users?