Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Got an interesting email from Dick Morris today, commenting on Charles Krauthammer's recent handicapping of the 2012 Presidential odds. This is what he said about Huckabee:

Quote:
But Krauthammer's main mistake is flatly saying that Mike Huckabee won't run. Then what is he doing crisscrossing the country going to all the primary states? Think he likes the fishing in New Hampshire? My bet is he runs and that he's got a great chance to be the nominee....and the next president.

Quote:
So, the betting here is that the first tier is Huckabee, Gingrich, Romney, Trump, and Bachmann. I don't think Palin can run if Bachmann and Huckabee do. I think Huck wins Iowa. Somebody beats Romney in NH and then Gingrich, Huckabee, Trump and Bachmann duke it out down the stretch.

:like :pompom :party :D :D :D :D :D

Here's the rest of the email. Note that he will be on Hannity tonight. Hopefully, he will be saying the same thing!

Quote:
***Watch Dick on Monday, 4/25/11, on Hannity on FOX News at 9:00 PM ET. Thanks!***

COMMENTS ON KRAUTHAMMER'S "HANDICAPPING THE 2012 PRESIDENTIAL ODDS"

By DICK MORRIS

Published on DickMorris.com on April 25, 2011

Printer-Friendly Version

Charles Krauthammer is the columnist I respect the most for his values, insights, and political sense. So let's use his column "Handicapping the 2012 Presidential Odds" as a starting point for my own assessment of the current field.

Charles begins by dissing Donald Trump and dismissing Michele Bachmann. Sorry Charles but wrong and wronger. Trump will run as a Republican with a damn good chance of winning the nomination. He appeals more to moderates and Independents than to stalwart Republicans but he captures the hearts and minds of the outside-of-the-beltway crowd with his blunt outspokenness and a raft of experience deep enough to show up a former community organizer.

Bachmann is also a front tier contender. She wows them on the stump, has a lead in fund raising, appeals to the Tea Party folks, and stood up and voted against the phony Boehner-Reid-Obama budget deal. She's the real deal.

He correctly dismisses Mitt Romney because of Romneycare in Massachusetts. He won't win New Hampshire. Last time he didn't win New Hampshire and he's got to win New Hampshire.

Newt Gingrich is also in Krauthammer's front tier. He's improved a lot lately. Likely most Republicans (including me) believe it would be great if this articulate, brilliant man could be our nominee. So let’s all hope he overcomes the negatives.

But Krauthammer's main mistake is flatly saying that Mike Huckabee won't run. Then what is he doing crisscrossing the country going to all the primary states? Think he likes the fishing in New Hampshire? My bet is he runs and that he's got a great chance to be the nominee....and the next president.

Then Charles, his view obscured by Washington DC's buildings, says Haley Barbour, Mitch Daniels, and Tim Pawlenty are first tier candidates. Barbour can't run if Huckabee does. He won't beat him in a single southern state. In the rest of the nation, his lobbyist record kills him. Pawlenty would be good but, as Governor of Minnesota, his Housing Finance Agency set up a Shariah compliant lending fund to enable Muslims to buy homes without paying interest (the state paid it and they paid the state back through a lease-purchase deal). After eighteen months, he ended the program. He claims he didn't know about it. Didn't know? There were protests at every Agency meeting. Eileen and I wrote about it in Catastrophe which sold 300,000 copies! If he didn't know, he's a bad Governor. If he knew, he'd be a bad president.

Mitch Daniels would be great. He's done wonders in Indiana, most recently passing the best school choice program in America. Mitch walks the walk! But I don't think he's running. He sure didn't seem like a candidate to me when we met a few weeks ago. But, he would be great.

So, the betting here is that the first tier is Huckabee, Gingrich, Romney, Trump, and Bachmann. I don't think Palin can run if Bachmann and Huckabee do. I think Huck wins Iowa. Somebody beats Romney in NH and then Gingrich, Huckabee, Trump and Bachmann duke it out down the stretch.

Charles got it mainly right but a bit wrong. That's why he's my favorite.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: Matthew
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
:like :like

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
The last few emails, he seem to be praising Newt and then MB, so I was really happy to see him say good things about Mike. Hope he says these things tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I just hope he drops the line about New Hampshire, pretty much the only early primary state Huck never visits (and understandably so). How does a guy like Dick Morris miss something so obvious? :lol:

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Watching Morris now. He said very positive things about Mike! Also said the only GOP candidate he's against is Romney! LOL! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
On Hannity show Dick Morris dismisses Romney as the only candidate that excuses himself because of Romneycare. States if Huckabee and Bachmann are in.... it cuts into Palin's base and she just has to much baggage to run. He said, "Huckabee has a tremendous capacity to win because he has the most exposure...very likable...charismatic warm values oriented person that has displayed incredible knowledge on his fox news show". He thinks Mitch Daniels is out. Shocking Hannity states we have strong top tier candidates that can take on Obama. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
Watching Morris now. He said very positive things about Mike! Also said the only GOP candidate he's against is Romney! LOL! :lol:

Good for Dick Morris! I am in the tank for Mike but other than that the only person in GOP field I am dead set against is Romney. Wish Glenn Beck was taking same strategy as Morris and not trying to play Republican Whack-a-Mole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Am I the only one who has noticed the analysts are starting to come around? More and more say Huckabee will run.

I mean, we knew it all along, but good to see more are waking up to it :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:22 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
I always wished this website would have catalogued all the stories since 2009 that have dismissed, ignored, put down Huck. Would be fun reading in about a year or two when he's either the nominee or President :) Because some of the articles (well most actually) have been ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Wendero wrote:
Am I the only one who has noticed the analysts are starting to come around? More and more say Huckabee will run.

I mean, we knew it all along, but good to see more are waking up to it :)

John,

They had no choice. We wouldn't leave then alone otherwise :)

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 am 

Liked: 57
Dick Morris on Hannity now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:23 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
I'm glad Dick Morris is stumping for our guy again! The only thing I would really take issue with, is when he says that Trump has a good chance of being the nominee. I'm sorry, the GOP elite won't stand for it. Check out Trumps' L-O-O-N-G record of donating huge sums of money to DEMOCRATS:
http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/searc ... mit=Submit
If that link doesn't work, go to www.OpenSecrets.org and then enter the name of the donor, with last name coming first (Trump, Donald). Then enter the state he lives in (NY), and which election cycles you want to see (2010, 2008, 2006). In these 3 election cycles he has donated over $323,000 to various candidates including Hillary, Reid, Schumer, and many more.

The Republican party operatives will sit on their hands to avoid helping Trump, especially when he keeps pushing the birther issue and making the GOP look silly. I know Trump doesn't need their money (unless he's bankrupt again), but they won't let him have access to their GOTV machinery, mailing lists, volunteer troops, and other information-type resources.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:15 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
I heard Fred Barnes on Hugh Hewitt's show today and even Barnes was saying positive things about Huck (even mentioned that Huck was leading in the polls!). Barnes also said the flap Huck is having with Beck would have no impact on anything.

When looking at the other so-called top tier GOP candidates, Huck must be looking pretty good to many of these pundits. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
All this on the heels of Barbour's announcement? I think they know something that we know...that Mike will probably run!!! And everyone wants to be on the winning team. :pompom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:44 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
I haven't seen anything on TV on the Huck Beck fued. Why do u think theirs been such a gloss over? Yes I do see people are beginning to see Huck is a formidable candidate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 am 
General

Liked: 71
goalieman wrote:
I heard Fred Barnes on Hugh Hewitt's show today and even Barnes was saying positive things about Huck (even mentioned that Huck was leading in the polls!). Barnes also said the flap Huck is having with Beck would have no impact on anything.

When looking at the other so-called top tier GOP candidates, Huck must be looking pretty good to many of these pundits. 8)

Very interresting. If so, these are the first positive words that Fred Barnes has ever spoken about a Mike Huckabee canidacy. Seems almost too good to be true.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I think when the "GOP establishment" sees that Trump and Huckabee are the top guys, Huckabee is going to start looking a heck of a lot better to them.....