Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Hewitt said today that the reason other potential GOP candidates are hesitant to get into the race for POTUS in 2012 is because (please put down any drink you may be enjoying) they all know it's a two man race between Romney and Pawlenty! :lol: :floor

It's a shame that a man who professes to be a Christian has allowed his devotion to a political candidate (Romney) to obliterate any attempt at objective truth. Sad, but I'm sure he'll come around once Huck is the nominee and will probably claim he was partly responsible for Huck winning. :roll:

Post by goalieman Liked by: sandra
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:23 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
:floor :floor :floor :floor :floor

:pigflying

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm 

Liked: 152
goalieman wrote:
Hewitt said today that the reason other potential GOP candidates are hesitant to get into the race for POTUS in 2012 is because (please put down any drink you may be enjoying) they all know it's a two man race between Romney and Pawlenty! :lol: :floor

It's a shame that a man who professes to be a Christian has allowed his devotion to a political candidate (Romney) to obliterate any attempt at objective truth. Sad, but I'm sure he'll come around once Huck is the nominee and will probably claim he was partly responsible for Huck winning. :roll:

Is he delusional? I never listen to him and don't even know if he's on in my area. Maybe someone who does listen needs to send him a link.

How about this one that uses the averages of the last 6 polls for the GOP race that lists
Huckabee 17.3% average
Trump 17.0% average
Romney 16.1% average
Palin 10.4% average
Gingrich 8.7% average
Paul 6% average
Bachmann 3.8% average
Pawlenty 3.4% average
Daniels 2.6%
Santorum 2.2%
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Pawlenty has been out campaigning for months and is still very close to the bottom of the barrel. Romney comes in 3rd - behind both Huckabee and Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
That is truly sad. You know, I'm a big Huck supporter, and I wonder sometimes if I've just fallen under a spell by which I cannot see my candidate's faults. But I do see the faults, and I can admit them. I also can objectively see other candidates' strengths. Romney's strength is moderates, mormons, and Michiganders. Seriously, am I so blind that I am ignoring what H. Hewitt is seeing? What is Romney's path to the nomination? Where is his base? His previous supporters have all receded into the tea party, except for establishment types who equate money and power.

And Pawlenty?! In this fantastical two-man race, we can suppose that half of the Republican primary voters will be tripping over themselves to follow the great T-Paw to glory and triumph in a Golden Age of Conservatism!

:pigflying
If Huckabee is the next Reagan, and Romney is the next GHWBush, then Pawlenty is the next _________? I can't fill in the blank because no former President I can think of compares in blandness and mediocrity.

(He seems like a nice guy though) 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Hewitt did this same thing in 2008 by telling his small audience that it was a two man race between Romney and Guiliani. He does what the left often does by trying to convince people that what they want to be reality really is that way, not the reality that is actually before us. Hewitt is a neo-con, so this slight of hand of his doesn't bother his conscience.

The shame is that Hewitt plays a big role at Salem communications and Townhall.com, so he has more influence than is justified by his small radio audience.