Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:33 am 
Major General

Liked: 35
Sounding like a candidate, Mike Huckabee rouses NRA crowd
Quote:
PITTSBURGH—Mike Huckabee came out swinging against Barack Obama Saturday, reminding an audience of gun owners of the president’s three-year-old statement that people cling to guns and religion because they are bitter.

At the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting here, the former Arkansas governor credited the group with thwarting Obama’s anti-gun agenda and touted his own pro-gun bona fides.

“Well, I want you to know that I stand here tonight as a gun clinger and as a God clinger unapologetically,” he told thousands of NRA members at the Consol Energy Center. “And I want you to know something, probably like many of you, my father also was a gun clinger and his father was a gun clinger.”

Huckabee received the most enthusiastic response of any potential presidential candidate who spoke at the convention over the past two days. He said nothing about a possible 2012 presidential run but sounded more like someone seriously considering jumping into the race than in recent public appearances — covering a full plate of issues, from foreign policy to economic policy.

Delivering his speech at the same time that the president and several possible 2012 GOP presidential candidates were gathered at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in Washington, Huckabee struck a characteristically populist tone. He called the crowd of gun owners “a real microcosm of America.” He talked about a recent turkey hunting trip and spoke movingly about watching a poor woman pull up to a service station with only $5 to put in her tank as he filled up his own car with gas.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/04 ... z1L7CCAXNc

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC has received Likes: 3 BDBopper, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Yes, my husband and I watched the entire speech. He commented that Huckabee sounds very Presidential. It was a wonderful speech, one of his best.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 BDBopper, janelles

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
The crowd really responded to him too! During the part where he talked about visiting Israel with Sarah, there was absolute silence.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Steadfast wrote:
The crowd really responded to him too! During the part where he talked about visiting Israel with Sarah, there was absolute silence.
I am so glad that Gov. Huckabee mentioned Israel and the Holocaust. It assures me that he will never forget what these people have gone through. Obama almost acts like this is a myth and that the Jewish people have no right to their land or their capital city of Jerusalem. So, would you say the people were in strong agreement with that viewpoint of protecting Israel, Shelley?