Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:47 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
Praise GOD!!!

:fw :fw :fw

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 pm 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:01 pm
Posts: 736
Location: Lakewood, CO
Likes: 118
Liked: 147
Someone posted this scripture on Facebook and yet I think that taking pleasure in justice being served is just as Biblical as hoping for evildoers to repent.
Quote:
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? (Ezekiel 18:23)

Bin laden never accepted the mercy and grace of our Lord and now he is facing God's justice instead.

_________________
Judith Martinez
"It is true poverty for a child to die so that we may live as we wish."


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:36 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
Thanks be to God!

Bin Laden was killed in a just war, in a fire-fight of that war. This is a jubilant moment. God bless the American military and those in intelligence.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
He lived by "the sword" and he died by it. God have mercy on his soul - but I cannot say that without praying for God's mercy first to be granted to all the souls that died uprepared deaths because of him.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
He lived by "the sword" and he died by it. God have mercy on his soul - but I cannot say that without praying for God's mercy first to be granted to all the souls that died uprepared deaths because of him.


Of course, it can't be lost on us that today is Divine Mercy Sunday and the "great mercy pope's" beatification day.

May 1, 2011, Divine Mercy Sunday: Pope John Paul II beatified, Osama Bin Laden killed.

The contrast of these two men's lives could not be starker.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.



Post by Miserere Liked by: QuoVadisAnima
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
You know what I love? Not just the fact that this mass murderer is dead but that he died in a firefight. If we had dropped a bomb on his facility, he might have been killed instantly, never having a chance to realize what was happening to him. But, instead, UBL had a chance to realize that he was being taken in by American troops - the country that he repeatedly mocked and underestimated. He must have spent some time thinking back to Tora Bora and realizing that this time, unlike that time, that there was nowhere to escape to. I love the fact that he must have spent some portion of his last minutes feeling a sense of genuine fear and dread, knowing that he was about to be dealt with and that whatever layers of security he relied on had been defeated and could not protect him.

UBL is in hell right this minute. Probably being tormented somewhere near Hitler. And although UBLs cohorts who are still living are probably thinking up measures for revenge, they also have to be living in fear, knowing that if UBL could not be protected from the revenge of the United States, that they can't be either. They are probably going to spend every minute for the rest of their lives wondering if they are about to run into a Hellfire missle, a US soldier or a Navy Seal. They'll never feel comfortable again - not even ten years from now.

Tonight, again, we are all Americans. To everyone who has served our country in the military or in the intelligence services, and to all of their family members, thank you!!!!

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com



Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: dadof5
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
Miserere wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
He lived by "the sword" and he died by it. God have mercy on his soul - but I cannot say that without praying for God's mercy first to be granted to all the souls that died uprepared deaths because of him.


Of course, it can't be lost on us that today is Divine Mercy Sunday and the "great mercy pope's" beatification day.

May 1, 2011, Divine Mercy Sunday: Pope John Paul II beatified, Osama Bin Laden killed.

The contrast of these two men's lives could not be starker.

:like
I have a very strong devotion to the Divine Mercy (today was such an awesome conclusion to Easter week!) & couldn't help but notice that God-incidence (hence my references above to God's mercy)! But it's hard to be entirely certain because none of the reports I've read say WHEN the fight was engaged. If anyone finds the details, please post them!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Miserere wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
He lived by "the sword" and he died by it. God have mercy on his soul - but I cannot say that without praying for God's mercy first to be granted to all the souls that died uprepared deaths because of him.


Of course, it can't be lost on us that today is Divine Mercy Sunday and the "great mercy pope's" beatification day.

May 1, 2011, Divine Mercy Sunday: Pope John Paul II beatified, Osama Bin Laden killed.

The contrast of these two men's lives could not be starker.

:like
I have a very strong devotion to the Divine Mercy (today was such an awesome conclusion to Easter week!) & couldn't help but notice that God-incidence (hence my references above to God's mercy)! But it's hard to be entirely certain because none of the reports I've read say WHEN the fight was engaged. If anyone finds the details, please post them!


I had heard it was around 3 PM eastern time(!), which makes it around midnight Islamabad time.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:12 am
Posts: 3819
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Likes: 194
Liked: 215
no photos of Bin Laden's body but a look inside where he was killed:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/osama-b ... e-13507839

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm
Posts: 4153
Likes: 307
Liked: 525
Attachment:
UnitedStatesFlag.jpg [269.54 KiB]
Downloaded 230 times

_________________
The Values Voter
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
Miserere wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Miserere wrote:

Of course, it can't be lost on us that today is Divine Mercy Sunday and the "great mercy pope's" beatification day.

May 1, 2011, Divine Mercy Sunday: Pope John Paul II beatified, Osama Bin Laden killed.

The contrast of these two men's lives could not be starker.

:like
I have a very strong devotion to the Divine Mercy (today was such an awesome conclusion to Easter week!) & couldn't help but notice that God-incidence (hence my references above to God's mercy)! But it's hard to be entirely certain because none of the reports I've read say WHEN the fight was engaged. If anyone finds the details, please post them!


Quote:
I had heard it was around 3 PM eastern time(!), which makes it around midnight Islamabad time.

Ah, thank you! Another connection only just dawned on me today -- yesterday was also the beginning of May (Totus Tuus!) and our country is under the Blessed Mother's intercessory protection. God's Name is Mercy!!!



Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Miserere
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 pm 
Offline
Sergeant

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:39 pm
Posts: 140
Likes: 1
Liked: 6
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. - Ephesians 6:12



Post by ArkansasJohn has received Likes: 3 QuoVadisAnima, TheValuesVoter, WhatsNotToLike?
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY