Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 am 
Major General

Liked: 35
May 01, 2011 – 11:49 PM

Huckabee Statement On Death Of Osama Bin Laden

The following is the text for Governor Mike Huckabee’s opening commentary on the Huckabee Report and his statement on the news of Bin Laden’s death:

“It is unusual to celebrate a death, but today Americans and decent people the world over cheer the news that madman, murderer and terrorist Osama Bin Laden is dead. The leader of Al Qaeda— responsible for the deaths of 3000 innocent citizens on September 11, 2001, and whose maniacal hate is responsible for the deaths of thousands of US servicemen and women was killed by U.S. military. President Obama confirmed the announcement late last night. DNA tests confirmed his death and his body is in the possession of the U. S.

It has taken a long time for this monster to be brought to justice. Welcome to hell, bin Laden. Let us all hope that his demise will serve notice to Islamic radicals the world over that the United States will be relentless is tracking down and terminating those who would inflict terror, mayhem and death on any of our citizens.”

http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blog ... og_id=3457

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:25 am 
Lieutenant

Liked: 2
I'll be honest.. I'm not happy with the Governors response at all. "Welcome to hell Bin Laden" really really troubles me.

People may disagree with me, and I am okay with that!

"It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached."

-- Mike huckabee

Post by soccerdude21490 has received Likes: 2 D-Dawg, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
soccerdude21490 wrote:
I'll be honest.. I'm not happy with the Governors response at all. "Welcome to hell Bin Laden" really really troubles me.

I'm fine with the statement. I can understand that some might be uncomfortable with mixing a theological reference with a public policy statement, but I think in this case it is warranted. The overwhelming majority of the Christian faith, the Jewish faith, and dare I say even a significant number of those of the Muslim faith would have to put such a man's eternal destiny in hell. It would be the equivalent of saying upon the death of Hitler, "Hitler welcome to hell." Not a whole lot of people are going to disagree that both of them are there tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 am 
Major

Liked: 34
UBL made his choice and is now gone from this earth. God will give him neither pity nor mercy, just as he didn't to all of those he has killed or plotted to kill throughout his life. No human being deserves God's mercy, but one cannot help but be overjoyed when such an animal is brought God's perfect justice. I'm not sure what the Governor meant by "Welcome to Hell", but I think it's a fair sight more appropriate than "Osama Bin Laden, God rest his soul."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Since he didn't accept Jesus, he's in Hell and has a lot of his friends and even his non-Christian enemies for company. The implications of that are quite interesting.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:22 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
Fact.....

Osama rejected the mercy of God and God's mercy ended the moment of his death....

He rejected God's salvation through Jesus Christ...

At this state a person is eternally separated from the Love of God-the mercy of God-the forgiveness of God-God does not weep-Hell has enlarged itself to receive the wicked......

Weep for the living .....pray for the living.....love the living.....

Post by dadof5 Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:10 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
That quote isn't a big deal at all.

One of the New York papers had the headline "Rot in Hell."

Not a big deal, because it is true.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post by HuckyinKentucky Liked by: goalieman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
It also follows with the Governor's Rhetoric in the 2008 campaign.

In one of the debates, after the Iranians were approaching some of our ships provocatively, He remarked that if they did not heed a first warning from our Navy, the next thing they should see is "the gates of hell."

Whatever you say about Huck, You ALWAYS know where he stands.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
HuckyinKentucky wrote:
It also follows with the Governor's Rhetoric in the 2008 campaign.

In one of the debates, after the Iranians were approaching some of our ships provocatively, He remarked that if they did not heed a first warning from our Navy, the next thing they should see is "the gates of hell."

Whatever you say about Huck, You ALWAYS know where he stands.

That was the final South Carolina debate and the above quote was overshadowed by Fred Thompson's attacks on Huck.

You don't see Mike use that sort of language a lot but only when it is necessary

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
soccerdude21490 wrote:

I agree.

Mike also likes to say that when you are in the end zone act like you have been there before.

This comment is not needed. It does not clarify. It does not edify. It merely exults. It sounds like the celebration of someone (made in the image of God) being eternally tormented. I can rejoice in the justice of such a man meeting an earthly fate fitting his crimes, but I will not celebrate his damnation. God does not celebrate our damnation. He sent His son to die because he does not desire anyone to perish. I was raised to understand that every soul that died apart from God represented a failing of human free will over God's desire for all His creation. Osama made his choice. Those choices led directly to the death of thousands and to his own violent death. His soul is now in the hands of God. It is nothing but loss. I cannot celebrate waste.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 cschande, D-Dawg, justgrace, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
If he had just left out the "Welcome to hell" part, it would have been a very good statement.

Post by ArkansasJohn Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Southern Doc wrote:
soccerdude21490 wrote:

I agree.

Mike also likes to say that when you are in the end zone act like you have been there before.

This comment is not needed. It does not clarify. It does not edify. It merely exults. It sounds like the celebration of someone (made in the image of God) being eternally tormented. I can rejoice in the justice of such a man meeting an earthly fate fitting his crimes, but I will not celebrate his damnation. God does not celebrate our damnation. He sent His son to die because he does not desire anyone to perish. I was raised to understand that every soul that died apart from God represented a failing of human free will over God's desire for all His creation. Osama made his choice. Those choices led directly to the death of thousands and to his own violent death. His soul is now in the hands of God. It is nothing but loss. I cannot celebrate waste.

Hell was created for the Devil and his angels, but Osama bin Laden is surely one of those on the level of Hitler who will experience the greater condemnation. If there were any doubt about who he is, his final act of pushing a woman in front of himself to take the bullets proved what kind of man this is. Unfortunately, there are still millions who probably will revere him as a holy man. Such is fanaticism.

Yet, for every person who deserves hell and chooses the path to it over the grace they might have in Jesus Christ, there should be weeping for souls lost. As you said, Southern Doc, life was not created for this, and it was a wasted life. Now, the greater cruelty will be that instead of 70 virgins waiting him in Paradise, this devil of a man will find something very different. The only good is that he is no longer here to plot our killing. But we need to continue to watch and pray, for there are many more waiting to step into his shoes (or sandals).

Post by justgrace Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I was not thrilled with that part of the statement; it was an unfortunate choice of words and I would never defend it, but I do understand that it speaks to a visceral reaction a majority of us have because of the unspeakable evil that bin Laden perpetrated on non-combatants. These things do tend to make us hyperbolic...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I have no problem at all with what Huck said (though I just knew some would). Evil shoud be condemned and those that commit evil condemned as well. Bin Laden is among the worst of the worst, what Huck said is appropriate.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:01 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
I too am uncomfortable with the statement. I'm glad that Osama is gone from this earth, but it troubles me where he went. I'm grieved whenever anyone dies apart from Jesus, no matter who they are. We should not desire vengeance, as that belongs to God alone. All this jubilation disturbs me. I understand why people feel the way that they feel, but I will not join in the celebration.

Post by EricB Liked by: D-Dawg

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Here's what someone said on a blog I follow:

"I see nothing wrong with celebrating a military victory in a just war, which is what this is. Osama had the chance to live by surrendering. He chose not to. His soul is in God’s hands, and I trust that He will do with it what is both just and merciful. This will not dampen my celebrating. Our soldiers have accomplished a great feat, and an enemy has been vanquished."

That sums up my feelings.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:21 pm 
***** General

That I can agree with! We should guard against celebrating any soul being lost to satan, but celebrating the triumph of good over evil is always worthwhile!

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:47 pm 
Lieutenant General

Miserere wrote:
Here's what someone said on a blog I follow:

"I see nothing wrong with celebrating a military victory in a just war, which is what this is. Osama had the chance to live by surrendering. He chose not to. His soul is in God’s hands, and I trust that He will do with it what is both just and merciful. This will not dampen my celebrating. Our soldiers have accomplished a great feat, and an enemy has been vanquished."

That sums up my feelings.

I agree in that this is about the only part of this whole war that fits the Just War theory. He took innocent lives and his life was forfeited.
I just feel we could have done this without the loss of thousands of our men and women, as well as hundreds of thousands of civilians.
This does not even touch on all the deformed babies now and for decades to come due to our use of depleted Uranium munitions.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:31 pm 
***** General

Quote:
I just feel we could have done this without the loss of thousands of our men and women, as well as hundreds of thousands of civilians.
Who wouldn't? But how?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Who wouldn't? But how?

Not burn over 4000 lives chasing after non-existent WMDs in Iraq for one thing.
Foreign Policy in that OBL was our bud who we propped up in the 70's and 80's a la Ziggy Brzezinski. Saadam Hussein was our bud too.
In the 70's I worked building warships for ??IRAN?? of all places.
We always create the boogeymen yesterday then opine how we must fight them today.

I said it before, my cat exercises more wisdom in choosing the corner of the litter box to use next than the troop of clowns responsible for our foreign policy.

And good ole Henry Kissinger...

"In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as 'dumb, stupid animals to be used' as pawns for foreign policy."

-- Bob Woodward & Carl Bernstein, The Final Days, p. 208

I'll even forgo my wish for a foreign policy of non-intervention.
But will we ever exercise a shred of wisdom when it comes to foreign policy?
Is it possible for them to try intelligent intervention and only when necessary?

How about the so called "Gulf of Tonkin" non-incident now declassified. It never occurred. I have family members who lost limbs and were damaged by Agent Orange there. Oh, I almost forgot...
Wasn't Ho Chi Min also our "bud" a decade or so before Viet Nam?

A foreign policy of insanity.
Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.
I would rather my relatives lives not have been ruined that way.
And they are the first to agree with me.

The only blameless here are the brave souls in our military who are considered "dumb animals" by those with the power to put them in harm's way.