Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Great article:

Quote:
Mike Huckabee's Ready-Made Campaign

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 09762.html

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
This article really explains a lot (assuming it's all true). For example, I'd been wondering why Rollins has been so intent on pressuring Mike to get into the race, and why he's been so openly confident with the press that he'll run. Here's why:

Quote:
Edward J. Rollins, who joined Huckabee's team as national chairman in mid-December of 2007 -- just weeks before Huckabee solidly won the 2008 Iowa caucuses -- has been charged with setting up shop.

Quote:
According to a confidant of Rollins who has been slated for a high-level position in the potential campaign, "Ed has had long and serious discussions with Mike as recently as this past weekend." Rollins would manage the first phase of the Huckabee campaign this time.

Quote:
On a national level, Rollins has gotten verbal agreements from experienced Republican operatives who would join the team. A political director, fundraising team, media team, communications director, press staff, policy shop and opposition research outfit are locked and loaded. Serious discussions with a respected national pollster are ongoing, and several national Republican operatives have told RealClearPolitics that they've gotten calls with the message: "This thing is happening. Do you want to be a part of it?"

Quote:
The gathering national team has a different take, though. Rollins has worked on nine presidential campaigns and has developed many contacts over that time, and he has recruited a team over the last four months that will be ready to roll if Huckabee pulls the trigger.

Rollins couldn't be asking people for all these commitments behind closed doors while publicly telling the media he still has no idea whether Mike will run. Also, he probably has a good idea how long people he's talked to are willing to wait for Mike to get in.

Quote:
As a consequence of that more professional, experienced team, some of the players who surrounded Huckabee last time aren't necessarily needed anymore. In other words, Huckabee was an upstart last time and couldn't attract top-tier talent, and he didn't even have some of the most significant leaders of the religious right on board when he started in 2007.

This explains most of those "releases" we've heard about (at least the ones that weren't bald-faced lies).

Quote:
More than 40,000 Iowans picked him in the 2008 caucuses, and those in Huckabee's inner circle expect that his daughter, Sarah Huckabee, will run the operation for her father in the Hawkeye State this time, coming off of her successful role in managing Arkansas Republican Sen. John Boozman's 2010 race.

Looks like Sarah won't have to run the whole show this time. I think she'll do well in Iowa.

Quote:
Now, he may have to offer his decision by the end of the month. Republican operatives familiar with the deliberations at Fox News say that the network has told Huckabee he has until the end of the month to make up his mind about the race or he'll be cut off, just as Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were when the then-contributors were still in the consideration phase.

So that's where that June deadline came from! Haha. Or maybe Fox is intentionally following Mike's deadline. Who knows? Still, it's nice to see they're not going to kick him out with no warning like they did with the other two.

Quote:
Noting Barbour's decision not to run, Beasley said, "I think the landscape is conducive for a Mike Huckabee entrance. Right now, we're putting together the team and putting the word out that Mike Huckabee is seriously considering this race."

He added that with Huckabee's current national notoriety, "this time around it's a whole different ballgame. He's in a good position at this stage of the process.

Play ball!!!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
This is VERY exciting news....

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
So now we know why Rollins is so sure. And that makes me sure too :)

I'm posting this on Rightspeak. I'm looking forward to see how they're going to spin it into "Huckabee's not running".

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:33 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 10
I keep telling my friends that Mike's going to run. This is getting very exciting! Does anyone know where I can order my big yard sign!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I've posted this on Rightspeak. Martha wrote in the chatbox that Huckabee seems to be stuck with Rollins again, and an anonymous commentator wrote that hiring Rollins will send the message that this is just a repeat of his 2008 campaign, "more of the same".

I think Rollins did a decent job from what I understand, perhaps that he was "too professional" or something (I've heard people here say that grassroots prefered Saltsman or something like that).

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
This is fantastic. This is happening, the wheels are in motion. So begins the journey of the 45th president.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Wendero wrote:
I've posted this on Rightspeak. Martha wrote in the chatbox that Huckabee seems to be stuck with Rollins again, and an anonymous commentator wrote that hiring Rollins will send the message that this is just a repeat of his 2008 campaign, "more of the same".

I think Rollins did a decent job from what I understand, perhaps that he was "too professional" or something (I've heard people here say that grassroots prefered Saltsman or something like that).

Rollins came on late last time around, and I wouldn't be surprised if Saltsman gets on board in some way once Mike declares. I think Rollins is a solid campaign manager, and there's no doubt all of his contacts have helped Mike immensely as Rollins has probably put together a solid campaign-in-waiting. I'm pretty confident as soon as Mike says he's a go and starts signing a bunch of big staffers (seemingly) out of the blue, people are going to go, "Whoa! Where did that come from?" At that point Rollins and Huckabee supporters can go:

Quote:
:wink: Told ya so!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I just posted this to my website with video added

Quote:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
Grandville wrote:
I keep telling my friends that Mike's going to run. This is getting very exciting! Does anyone know where I can order my big yard sign!!!

After Super Tuesday '08 we rounded up all of our signs in Georgia and had them transported to Texas. Actually most of them. I kept mine and so did a few other local organizers looking forward to to a miracle...or 2012 whichever came first My sign is in my room...still with the metal stakes ready to be placed in the yard. I can't wait to place it in the ground!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
Everything is still on track folks. This all looks good.

I know that Huckabee is sincere in saying that he has not made his final decesion. But he did not get to this point simply by accident or luck. He has created the opportunity as best he could and waited on developments beyond his control.

He has had a clear strategy. Having observed him for a long time I thought back in July 2009 he would need to do, and would do, the following:

Quote:
We are at least a year away from the failsafe moment of whether Obama is vulnerable, and whether Mike can get the nomination.

Right now he is doing everything right:

1.) Maintain a public profile (without looking like a egotist)

2.) Maintain your core supporters

3.) Build a network of political allies and contributors by supporting down ticket candidates and fundraising.

4.) Use the less constrained time-frame to broaden your appeal within the party of constituencies suspicious of your previous candidacy (one rubber-chicken meal at a time).

5.) Deepen your knowledge of both key issues and the world as a whole.

6.) Strengthen your own personal understanding and public association with a clear, consistent, political ideology/philosophy.

7.) Improve personal connections with the press corps.

The above list is what Reagan did and Mike is doing

Mike is the best political strategist and candidate in the field. He has prepared himself by "making his own luck." I cannot see him backing away now.

Game on!

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 3 ConservTexan, cschande, navyqueen

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:13 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
Edward J. Rollins...ya gotta love the man.

Post by Chadballer Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:47 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
I distinctly remember when Ed Rollins came on board and was being interviewed by Lou Dobbs on CNN that Huckabee was the closest candidate that had the same integrity and skills of Ronald Reagan. Rollins said he was very pleased to become a member of Mike's election team. (my paraphrase)

Please remember, Ed Rollins played a BIG role in getting Reagan elected two times and does have valuable experience and much respect among the GOP base. He has been a CNN paid consultant and guest panel member for many years and will have to give this up !

Post by sandra Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
BDBopper wrote:
Grandville wrote:

After Super Tuesday '08 we rounded up all of our signs in Georgia and had them transported to Texas. Actually most of them. I kept mine and so did a few other local organizers looking forward to to a miracle...or 2012 whichever came first My sign is in my room...still with the metal stakes ready to be placed in the yard. I can't wait to place it in the ground!

I saved all my signs, as well. Bet I'll be the FIRST one in my town with a Huckabee sign in my yard!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
sandra wrote:
I distinctly remember when Ed Rollins came on board and was being interviewed by Lou Dobbs on CNN that Huckabee was the closest candidate that had the same integrity and skills of Ronald Reagan. Rollins said he was very pleased to become a member of Mike's election team. (my paraphrase)

Please remember, Ed Rollins played a BIG role in getting Reagan elected two times and does have valuable experience and much respect among the GOP base. He has been a CNN paid consultant and guest panel member for many years and will have to give this up !

I think he has already given that up cause he has been interviewed on other networks lately.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:00 pm 
General

Liked: 52
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
BDBopper wrote:
Grandville wrote:

I saved all my signs, as well. Bet I'll be the FIRST one in my town with a Huckabee sign in my yard!!! :lol:

We rounded up our Florida signs and sent them over to Texas, too, but of course I saved the yard sign he signed for me during one of his visits to Jacksonville! :)

HuckPAC donor code R23742