Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Just got this in my inbox!!!

Quote:
The Fox News Channel, where pro-life former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee hosts a popular weekend program, has given him until the end of the month to make a decision on running for president.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/05/05/fox- ... -decision/

Quote:
Should Huckabee run, RCP indicates Rollins has already lined up verbal commitments from top Republican operatives who would immediately assume leadership positions on the national campaign team.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:26 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Check this out guys!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket ... o-huckabee

let me know your thoughts!

Christopher

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Is that a purple tie? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:35 pm 
***** General

I merged the two topics to keep the discussion in one place.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
The rest of this month is really going to be like sitting on pins and needles!! Anybody else agree?

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
What about this?

Quote:
Statement On Mike Huckabee 2012 Decision
by Hogan Gidley

During a Huck PAC fundraiser yesterday in the DC area - Gov. Huckabee was asked about a Presidential run and he told the group privately the same thing he's said countless times publicly. The Governor's comment was tweeted by a Congressman who was in the meeting: 'people that say they definitely know I'm not running, don't know - those that say they definitely know I am, don't know - I don't know.' What does it say about the news when a Congressman can report real quotes that actually came from Governor Huckabee - while journalists use other sources and unsubstantiated rumor?

The Governor has been clear - his timeline for a decision is this summer and that has not changed. Fox is aware of the Governor's timetable and he is aware of his limitations in considering another run.
Permalink: http://www.huckpac.com/index.cfm?Fuseac ... og_id=3461

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
ohiorepublican09 wrote:
What about this?

Quote:
Statement On Mike Huckabee 2012 Decision
by Hogan Gidley

During a Huck PAC fundraiser yesterday in the DC area - Gov. Huckabee was asked about a Presidential run and he told the group privately the same thing he's said countless times publicly. The Governor's comment was tweeted by a Congressman who was in the meeting: 'people that say they definitely know I'm not running, don't know - those that say they definitely know I am, don't know - I don't know.' What does it say about the news when a Congressman can report real quotes that actually came from Governor Huckabee - while journalists use other sources and unsubstantiated rumor?

The Governor has been clear - his timeline for a decision is this summer and that has not changed. Fox is aware of the Governor's timetable and he is aware of his limitations in considering another run.
Permalink: http://www.huckpac.com/index.cfm?Fuseac ... og_id=3461

Trying to make sure Fox News doesn't get skittish and suspends Huckabee before the end of this month. Not that this statement is going to help. It is obvious that Huckabee is building the infrastructure to win and any seasoned veteran in politics can see that.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Just posted:
Quote:
Huckabee Disputes Fox Deadline

Mike Huckabee is knocking down a report that Fox News has given him a looming deadline to decide whether he’s running for president.

Citing GOP operatives, RealClearPolitics reported Thursday that the network has given Huckabee until the end of May to opt against a run or lose his lucrative contract as a cable pundit.
Continue Reading

But Huckabee’s top aide told POLITICO that the network has imposed no such deadline.

“The governor has been clear — his timeline for a decision is this summer and that has not changed,” said HuckPAC executive director Hogan Gidley. “Fox is aware of the governor’s timetable and he is aware of his limitations in considering another run."

Gidley said that Huckabee reiterated that schedule to supporters as recently as Wednesday night.

More here:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54376.html

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:27 pm 
***** General

Steadfast wrote:
Just posted:
Quote:
Huckabee Disputes Fox Deadline

Mike Huckabee is knocking down a report that Fox News has given him a looming deadline to decide whether he’s running for president.

Citing GOP operatives, RealClearPolitics reported Thursday that the network has given Huckabee until the end of May to opt against a run or lose his lucrative contract as a cable pundit.
Continue Reading

But Huckabee’s top aide told POLITICO that the network has imposed no such deadline.

“The governor has been clear — his timeline for a decision is this summer and that has not changed,” said HuckPAC executive director Hogan Gidley. “Fox is aware of the governor’s timetable and he is aware of his limitations in considering another run."

Gidley said that Huckabee reiterated that schedule to supporters as recently as Wednesday night.

More here:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54376.html

Thanks for the update! I wonder who these "GOP operatives" are who are behind the story.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:43 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
Who is to gain from Huckabee entering the race early?

What are the conditions or conflict of interest on him running and having a Fox news show?

Who is under the most attack to enter the race now? Huckabee

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Who is to gain? All nervous Huckabee supporters who can't wait to get started :P

I think the FEC has some rules against candidates having TV/Radio shows, I don't think it's Fox news (although Fox news are the ones who would be sued if the rule were to be broken).

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
dadof5 wrote:
Who is to gain from Huckabee entering the race early?

What are the conditions or conflict of interest on him running and having a Fox news show?

Who is under the most attack to enter the race now? Huckabee

I think there are many that think they can gain from Mike getting in too early because they assume he will have problems raising enough money to withstand a longer campaign. I think they will find themselves to be mistaken

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
This just doesn't smell right. It looks like what I said before is true about a concerted effort by the online media (and "GOP Operatives") to force Mike to make a decision sooner rather than later. They don't like that he isn't playing by their rules and he makes up his own game.

Also, they know he is sitting pretty and they desperately want to knock him off his golden goose as soon as they can.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Post by bmk2307 Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
This is beginning to look like a 40-car pr pile-up from what I am beginning to see. Fox News themselves have come out and said they didn't establish the timeline.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Stephen Hall wrote:
This is beginning to look like a 40-car pr pile-up from what I am beginning to see. Fox News themselves have come out and said they didn't establish the timeline.

Link? I'd like to forward it to HotAir.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:57 pm 
***** General

cschande wrote:
Stephen Hall wrote:

Link? I'd like to forward it to HotAir.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... o-huckabee

Quote:

Fox denies making ultimatum to Huckabee
By Michael O'Brien - 05/05/11 03:47 PM ET

Fox News denied that it has given former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) a deadline of the end of May to decide whether to run for president.

A senior Fox official disputed a report Thursday by Real Clear Politics that Huckabee has been given a deadline of the end of May to decide whether to enter the race for the Republican presidential nomination, which would prompt him to forfeit his lucrative contract with the network.

"There is no truth whatsoever to this report," said Bill Shine, the executive vice president of programming for Fox.

At issue is the relationship between Fox and a number of Republicans who are thinking of running for office. Several candidates or possible candidates had signed as contributors with Fox, which means they're paid for their appearances on the network.

Fox suspended former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) from their contributor roles in early March after judging both were likely to run for president. Both ultimately have taken steps forward with their campaigns for the GOP nomination, and both still appear sporadically on Fox, albeit in an unpaid capacity.

Huckabee and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) both remain on the payroll, though, despite the fact that both might run for president.

The former Arkansas governor polls at the top of most surveys of Republican primary voters, but a number of political observers have speculated he might not decide to run. Huckabee's done a great deal of work to dispel the notion he might not run, and has said he'll decide whether to run in the summer.

To that end, he similarly denied that Fox has at all limited his decision-making process.

"The governor has been clear — his timeline for a decision is this summer and that has not changed," said Hogan Gidley, his spokesman, on Thursday. "Fox is aware of the governor's timetable and he is aware of his limitations in considering another run."