Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Herman Cain wins Debate!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:00 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
I knew something like this could happen. When you have a vacuum, something has to fill it. Herman Cain was very well spoken, and articulate, almost like Huckabee, and supports the FairTax. He is getting hundreds of new comments and fans on his facebook page every few minitues. I hope that Huckabee gets in pretty soon.

Follow me on Twitter

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Joshua Clinard wrote:
I knew something like this could happen. When you have a vacuum, something has to fill it. Herman Cain was very well spoken, and articulate, almost like Huckabee, and supports the FairTax. He is getting hundreds of new comments and fans on his facebook page every few minitues. I hope that Huckabee gets in pretty soon.

Yeah the folks on Frank Luntz's panel favored Cain for the most part and favored Santorum as their second pick. The unanimity was strange though. I think when you get folks together like that, they talk it out and many don't want to stick out by disagreeing. It's different when one is with one's family in the living room or alone in the poll booth, so in that sense those sorts of focus groups can be misleading, IMHO.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Cain was the best speaker even if he often lacked real answers.
He at least sounded professional.
And at least he seemed "real" compared to the cheap plastic T-Paw and Santorum.

Cain is just their designated "place holder" for a establishment Republican candidate.
He will be later swept away to make room for their chosen one, who for the party's own good ought to be MH.

Paul never was that good a speaker, but I think
he was worse than last year.

All these guys will not win and except for Paul, they won't be able to raise a cent after their first primary loss. Paul is only getting his message out and growing the movement, which now numbers enough committed supporters to fund a losing campaign up to the very last primary. This is about a message and a movement and that is how his success is measured. I want him in Congress, and his voice heard throughout the primaries, but my vote will be better invested in Mike.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
melopa wrote:
Cain was the best speaker even if he often lacked real answers.

My thought exactly. I like Cain a lot and he is a good speaker, but often the best he was able to offer were process answers, about how, for example, he would go about developing a plan for dealing with Afghanistan, or Pakistan, or Libya if he were to go about developing a plan. But the question was, "What's your plan?"

Compared to the other candidates on stage, he looked great. But when the big guns get in (especially Mike), his star will quickly fade. I just hope he keeps pumping up support for the FairTax (though Mike explains it better).

I'm not worried. 8) 8) 8)

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
What bothers me about Cain is that he has no record, and therefore, no negatives. His is all talk. Been there, seen that last time around. And don't think for one minute the race card won't be taken advantage of by either himself or those speaking for him. Those who won't leave Obama just because of his skin color will have an alternative in Cain.

Why do people insist on business people for political leaders when running a business is not the same thing as running a government? It helps to have a good understanding of market principles, and a remarkable acumen in business matters but you also need to understand our Republic, foreign policy, the military, and world government as well as being a statesman and a leader.

Cain reminds me too much of Trump and the guy who ran on "the rent is too d...high party". The tea party is so desparate to find someone non-Washington that they aren't thinking too clearly. I can't take him seriously.

The debate was boring after a few minutes so I had a little fun with it: tonight's debaters were stand-ins for Rand Paul, Allan West, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin. (Rand is the conservative Paul, Allan is the Conservative AA, Mitt is the 'say what you have to' smoothy; Mike is the social conservative; Sarah is the not-a-chance, window dressing...[no intention of offending anyone]).

Glad this one is out of the way. :roll:

Post by Indiana4Huck Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I liked Santorum. I thought he gave better answers than Cain.
TPaw bores me and Johnson was a little too far out there for my liking.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:15 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
I read a summary on one of the websites and I was uncomfortable with how few answers Cain had on foreign policy. I thought it was slightly amusing when he told Chris Wallace "your experts are wrong" on the fair tax but perhaps more specific information would have served him and the fair tax better. I'm not terribly impressed so far and no one really broke out of the pack from what I read.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
FL4Huck wrote:
I liked Santorum. I thought he gave better answers than Cain.
TPaw bores me and Johnson was a little too far out there for my liking.

Santorum, on paper, gives the right answers, but I can't forget who he endorsed when in 2008: Romney. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Cain can't go anywhere and Pawlenty (the one to watch) was very underwhelming tonight, IMO. None of these guys will go the distance but, what gets me is how the FOX pundits keep talking Christie. First of all, he has no experience and even has said so himself. 2nd, why is it that he is not too heavy and, when Gov. Huckabee gains a pound or two he has comments that he must not be running for president because he gained weight. I just can't figure people out.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:19 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
nrobyar wrote:
Cain can't go anywhere and Pawlenty (the one to watch) was very underwhelming tonight, IMO. None of these guys will go the distance but, what gets me is how the FOX pundits keep talking Christie. First of all, he has no experience and even has said so himself. 2nd, why is it that he is not too heavy and, when Gov. Huckabee gains a pound or two he has comments that he must not be running for president because he gained weight. I just can't figure people out.

Yeah, I'm glad you brought this up. The FNC pundits continue to bring up Christie, Rubio, etc., despite the fact that each of them has very explicitly said they're not running. Rubio has said he won't be on the ticket in any way, i.e., no veep for him. I don't know that Christie has ruled out veep, but it's still ridiculous that Hannity et al continue with this stuff. That being said, I guess if I had a national platform as they do, maybe I'd push for my guy a bit too to try to bait them into the race.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
SNL will probably have fun with this one.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
I like having Cain in the debate because he's another big businessman who can undercut Romney's bogus claim that he's this great business man who can fix the economy. Trump accomplishes that too.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:55 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
I love Cain.

I'm actually looking forward to when both Huckabee and Cain are in the same debate.

My mind isn't 100% made up yet.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Cain wrote it. He loved Mitt in 08.
Here's the link. I had to try it several times to get it to work.

http://replay.web.archive.org/200806200 ... pinion.asp

He wrote this op ed:

February 3, 2008

Why I Support Mitt Romney: Leadership Substance

The dynamics of political party connections, the political process itself and public perceptions have once again yielded the top two contenders of each major party in the 2008 presidential race. And once again, the public can only hope that the ultimate winner of the White House will be a candidate with the most leadership substance.

My vote is for Mitt Romney.

History is important, but the future is more important. Making history is nice, but nice can’t make critical decisions. The success of this country in the future will be shaped by the leadership abilities of the next president.

Our success will not be based on opinion polls, pandering to the uninformed voters, promising emotional quick fixes over common sense, nitpicking of opponents’ past records or mastering the art of the media sound bite. Success will come from focusing on the right problems and solving those problems. That will mean making tough decisions about some problems that have been with us for decades. It will also mean taking a tough stand on new problems and challenges.

That’s what leaders do.

Mitt Romney has done that as a chief executive officer in business, as a governor and as head of the U.S. Olympics. He has done so while balancing political consequences, but not compromising fundamental principles of the founding of this country or free-market economics. We have prospered as a nation by strengthening those principles, and will not remain strong if we allow those principles to become diluted with a lack of leadership.

Anyone who wishes to find a reason not to vote for Romney can easily find one. But the reasons to vote for him are far more compelling. He has successfully managed a real business with other people’s money and some of his own. He has balanced budgets. He successfully led a turnaround situation with the Olympics. And he has spent more of his career outside government than inside.

On the other hand, John McCain has spent more of his career inside government than outside, and the reasons not to vote for him as the Republican nominee are very compelling.

He voted against letting people keep more of their money in 2001 and 2003 when President Bush pushed through his tax cuts. He has been part of the escalation of the federal debt during his 20-plus years in the U.S. Senate. He showed questionable leadership on a failed immigration bill that was rejected by the public. And he showed no leadership by failing to support the president’s efforts to establish personal retirement accounts – a proposal that would have started to fix the coming financial train wreck in the Social Security system.

That’s not leadership.

I do not question the character, integrity or sincerity of either Mitt Romney or John McCain, nor do I question their desire to do what’s best for the country if elected. I do not worry, as some people do, that they would fan the flames of social and religious differences. My focus is on their prospective leadership relative to national security, the economy, federal spending, free-market health care solutions and the elimination of dysfunctional programs.

Mitt Romney’s history is more indicative of the substance needed to make major progress on critical issues, and not just to make more politically palatable incremental changes in Washington D.C.

Media momentum and campaign funding aside, there are several other Republican presidential candidates who would not cause me to worry about our grandchildren’s future. The two leading Democratic presidential candidates, however, would cause me great concern because of their severe lack of leadership substance and their policy proposals.

This is despite Barack Obama’s appeal and strong public perception, but entirely consistent with Hillary Clinton’s self-proclaimed, invisible experience.

Great leaders are born and good leaders keep working on it. We are not favored with an obvious great leader in the 2008 presidential race, as is apparent from the primary process and the results thus far.

But Mitt Romney’s leadership credentials offer the best hope of a leader with substance, and the best hope for a good president who could turn out to be great.

Herman Cain is a radio talk show host on WSB 750 AM in Atlanta, airing weeknights from 7-10 p.m. He is also a syndicated columnist with North Star Writers Group.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Ah, now I have my first negative on Cain... :barf

(besides the irreparable fact that he's not GH! :wink: )

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:22 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
The fact that Cain came out of this debate with the most buzz is the best possible outcome for Huckabee. The only one of those that has the potential to be a serious threat and could break into the top tier was Pawlenty. Pawlenty was not able to move anywhere as a result of that debate. Pawlenty has good substance, and he was a good governor, but for some reason he just is not able to connect with people. It's like telling a joke and conveying the punch-line in the same tone and tenor as you did the rest of the joke. The substance is fine, but the follow-through just doesn't quite seem to get there.

I don't think Ron Paul helped himself or hurt himself. He was Ron Paul. I've got so many things that I'm in the midst of studying and researching right now, but one thing I'd really like to dig into is where libertarian philosophy seems to miss it when it comes to the interpersonal and interconnectedness of individual behavior with respect to society. The idea that everyone should be able to do whatever they want in their own little corner of the world as long as it doesn't "appear" to be hurting anyone else seems very short-sighted and selfish. There has always seemed to be this tension between social conservatives and libertarians regarding these issues. I have read quotes from Ayn Rand where she appeared to have contempt for social conservatives. The same could be said of Barry Goldwater. Paul doesn't have this contempt, but there is still that tension on particular issues.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: dadof5