Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Heart Huckabee
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I thought this was a pretty fair assessment:

Quote:
I Heart Huckabee
GOP contenders beware: If Mike Huckabee runs, he'll have a real chance.

http://www.tnr.com/article/the-permanen ... na-primary

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 5 Craig88USC, GrannyT, justgrace, sandra, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: I Heart Huckabee
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Quote:
The man is a true phenomenon, and in a contest of personalities between Huckabee and Romney—or really, between Huckabee and anyone in the field—it would really be no contest at all.

:like

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
Thanks for sharing this serious, insightful and fair analysis of our guy's chances to win. I found the comments interesting and revealing also. My first thought is "there be dragons" waiting for our hero that most of us have not even contemplated. Only God can slay those "dragons" and expose the dark pits of lies and hate with HIS redeeming and cleansing light! My prayer is that God will reveal and confirm soon to Mike Huckabee his ordained destiny !!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 1
Funny thing about the whole "no such thing as Palestinians" is that the name of Judea was changed by the Romans after they expelled the Jews in 70 AD. They renamed the land "Palestine" as an insult to the Jews, "Palestine" being that era's variation of "Philistine," Israel's ancient enemies. What is interesting is that the Philistines were people that had come to Israel from the Mediterranean Sea, most likely a "proto-Greek" race of Europeans, not Middle-Eastern at all. All of the modern day "Palestinians" are ethnically Arab and can trace their lineage directly back to the Arabian desert. So if Huck did indeed say say there is no such thing as a Palestinian, technically he was right since there is no current nation of Palestine.

Post by tcowell82 Liked by: sandra

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:17 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
I want to make a few comments about this article:

Supposing the media had a crush on Huckabee last go around, who's to say it won't continue with a second run. Several years of tyrannical misteps by Obama hasn't done much damage to his adoring media. They still don't question him on the important/difficult issues and let his lies about the economy, and his blaming his predicessor, and his accusations of the other sides' methods and motives, go unexamined or challenged.

And maybe the reason Mike has a difficult time raising money is because he doesn't 'sell favors' which, if true, would endear him even more to the general public in this current climate. If so, he could truly capitalize on this issue. If he draws most of his financial support from small individual donors instead of big corporate giants, wouldn't that mean he is less attentive to lobbyists and more in tune with his employers, WE THE PEOPLE?

I found the article to be negative toward Huckabee's chances and yet finished with this great line:
'The man is a true phenomenon, and in a contest of personalities between Huckabee and Romney—or really, between Huckabee and anyone in the field—it would really be no contest at all."

Surely this wasn't written by a HA member?