Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:49 am 
General

Liked: 71
I am not sure where the other thread is. Maybe someone can move it for me.

RCP doubles down on the statement that GMH has till the end of the month to make up his mind.

Quote:
On Thursday, May 5, RealClearPolitics' national political reporter Erin McPike wrote a story about Mike Huckabee's "campaign-in-waiting"-a shadow organization that is only awaiting Huckabee's say-so. One complicating factor in the former Arkansas governor's planning, the story stated, is his contract with Fox News, which understandably doesn't want active political candidates on its payroll.

McPike reported:

"Republican operatives familiar with the deliberations at Fox News say that the network has told Huckabee he has until the end of the month to make up his mind about the race or he'll be cut off, just as Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were when the then-contributors were still in the consideration phase."

In response to this story, Bill Shine, a Fox News vice president issued a statement saying, "There's no truth whatsoever to this report."

Notwithstanding Mr. Shine's claim to the contrary, the sentence Erin wrote is a fact. Erin was told exactly that by two Republican operatives with ties to Huckabee. I've seen the documentation myself. Furthermore, this information was confirmed for Erin by a contributor for Fox News. Lastly, the veracity of Erin's article was reconfirmed to me this morning by one of Erin's sources, who told me - and this is a direct quote, "It was a good article and accurate."

RealClearPolitics stands behind every single one of the 945 words in Erin McPike's story.

- Carl M. Cannon, Washington Editor, RealClearPolitics

http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=2132114870&action=showLetter&umid=1_52067_AFfPjkQAAR3ITcUDQQxmKT5s%2B1A&box=Inbox

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:21 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Quote:
two Republican operatives with ties to Huckabee. I've seen the documentation myself.

Any chance those "Republican operatives" also have ties to some of Huckabee's would-be opponents?

Quote:
Furthermore, this information was confirmed for Erin by a contributor for Fox News.

Ahh, a contributor! You mean, someone who gets paid to come on once in a while and give their opinions. That's probably....ANYBODY! Yeah, I'm sure that guy's got the inside scoop the VP of Fox News isn't privy to. :roll:

Quote:
Lastly, the veracity of Erin's article was reconfirmed to me this morning by one of Erin's sources, who told me - and this is a direct quote, "It was a good article and accurate."

Translation: I talked to the guy who told us it's true the first time and he jumped up and down and stomped his feet and told me, "It's true! It's true! It's true! It's true!"

Mmhhmm...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :lol:

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 4 goalieman, GrannyT, justgrace, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Doesn't Governor Huckabee's contract end in June? Makes sense that FOX would want an answer before starting negotiations for a new one.

He did say yesterday he would make a decision in the next month or two...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I agree with cschande.

Who are those republican operatives, who support someone else, who might want to push Mike Huckabee into the race early?

Nina Easton's husband worked for Romney in 2008
Kevin Madden worked for Romney in 2008
Bill O'reilly, Karl Rove and Brit Hume were pushing for Romney in 2008

Bill Kristol pushed for Palin to be VP in 2008
Greta, after Hillary Clinton lost to Obama, was a big promoter of Palin. Greta also enjoys having Santorum and Gingrich on her show.

Hannity went from Giuliani, to Thompson to Romney in 2008

Jonah Goldberg's wife is working for Newt this go around, and he put out an article earlier this year stating that Huckabee was getting a big new contract and would sit this race out. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/21 ... 2-20101221

Can you think of anyone else at Fox News who would be pushing for Huckabee to leave his show and his opportunities at Fox?

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:01 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
nrobyar wrote:
Doesn't Governor Huckabee's contract end in June? Makes sense that FOX would want an answer before starting negotiations for a new one.

I really think that's what is going to determine the timing. He is an honorable man and he isn't going to renew his contract and then leave Fox to run for president. He will surely decide one way or the other before it's time to sign the next contract.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
juditupp wrote:
nrobyar wrote:

I really think that's what is going to determine the timing. He is an honorable man and he isn't going to renew his contract and then leave Fox to run for president. He will surely decide one way or the other before it's time to sign the next contract.

I agree. Then he can say he honors all of his contracts whether it be with FOX News, the people of Arkansas, his family, and soon the USA.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four