Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Gallup Poll
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:41 am 
Major General

Liked: 35
http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/05/income ... omney.html
Quote:
Income, education strong predictor of Romney, Palin's support

Gallup has a new poll, confirming the conventional wisdom that Mitt Romney appeals to the educated and uppercrust, while Sarah Palin draws her strongest support among the uneducated and lowercrust.

College graduates prefer Romney 21%-9% over Palin in a Republican primary, while those making $90K+ support him 21%-7% over the former AK gov.

But Palin turns the tables on Romney among those making less than $24K/year. She sports a 22%-9% advantage in that group.

Meanwhile, Mike Huckabee's support is fairly uniform across income and education. He's just 2% behind Romney among the high income earners and 4% behind among those with degrees. :pray

Regionally, Huck wins the midwest and south, while Romney takes the east and west -- results that show just how fascinating and protracted a one-on-one primary between the two would be.

:dive :fireworks :army

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Gallup Poll
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:04 am 
Major General

Liked: 35
Astute comment from our friend Matt "MWS" over at Race42012..

14.Matt "MWS" Says:
May 9th, 2011 at 9:57 am

So Palin’s support has a strong education and income tilt, but little regional variation. Huck’s support has a strong regional tilt, but little education and income variation. Romney’s support has both a strong regional tilt, and a strong education and income variation.

It would appear that demographically, Romney might be the most “niche” of the Big 3.

http://race42012.com/2011/05/09/poll-wa ... ent-824834

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
The thing I like best about this poll is that Huck beats Mittens in every catagory (they tie in one age group) except the 65 and older group, and even there it's within 3pts. That's a big edge for Huck in the electorate.

Post by goalieman Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 am 
General

Liked: 71
Huck already has the strongest agruement why he is best positioned to win the nomination and which will turn into a slam dunk arguement if Palin decides not to run. Many have got to know this. If she jumps in, it will make it tougher on Hucakbee but it is not insurmountable. Palin will have a ton of pressure on her during the debates and one misquote or misrepresentation of her views may do her in and she will know this.

She couldn't handle the pressure of being a governor, will she be able to handle the pressure of all the scrutiny that will come in the primaries?

Post by FiscalConservative Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
This -- and all the other 2011 polls -- reflect what I was saying all of last year...

This is a two-man race: Between Huckabee and Obama...period..end of story.

The primary is between Huckabee and Romney -- and, yes, I do believe Huckabee is running. Palin is irrelevant, whether she runs or not....I said that last year when she was all the "buzz" -- and now that she has dropped behind, the media catching up with logic and reality, we see just how irrelevant she is. Gingrich, Pawlenty and everyone else in descending order are the fringes that make the first debates so demeaning -- too many, saying too little, and few voters tuning in.

For primary purposes, assuming Huckabee runs....it is Huck in the south and midwest -- Romney in the east and west. Haters to the left....lovers to the right....everyone else in between will be up for grabs... I do believe they will be infactuated with the Huckabee charm and disalarmed with the Romney indecision. And I further believe Huckabee will take it....time will tell.

If Huckabee does not run, Obama will win a second term.

If Huckabee runs but Romney takes the primary, Obama will win a second term.

If Huckabee wins the primary.....then we have a true fight on our hands (I tilt toward Huckabee, biasedly so, of course).

As I said: two-man race --- Huckabee vs. Obama

Post by voter has received Likes: 5 bmk2307, ConservTexan, Craig88USC, cschande, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:36 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Voter,

I have missed your posts so much. You are intelligent and give us such good information. Please stay with us now.

Post by Vote For Truth has received Likes: 2 jcpender, WhatsNotToLike?