Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:25 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
I just caught Neil Boortz on fox saying if we want to win the White House we have to rid ourselves of this obsession with social conservative. Neil has always supported Mike on the Fair Tax issue. We must stick by our commitment to social issues.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
The premise of all these libertarian statements is wrong. Social conservatism already is on the back burner. In the media, in the Congress, etc. we're preoccupied with everything but the fundamental issues we call the social issues.

We're led to believe that when Congress/state leg's bring up one or two bills on abortion, they've somehow dropped the ball on the economy or something. That's a ridiculous notion. Congress has 535 members, numerous committees, and it's inherent in its operation that it be dealing with countless issues simultaneously. To suggest otherwise bespeaks ignorance of the legislative process or ulterior motives that should be called out.

I'll found a new party if the Boortz idea of the GOP ultimately prevails.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: goalieman

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm 
Captain

If the party continues to buy this argument, We will see a full revolt to a 3rd Party. The democratic party wants us to fracture. They want the candidates to attack each other with full force. Divide and conquer....

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I was just popping in to share an article on this very subject. http://www.manhattandeclaration.org/the-movement/blog/11-05-09/Same_Sex_Marriage_Illegal_Immigration_Confusion.aspx Libertarians that claim the gov't has no role in marriage and sexuality have overlooked immigration law. The change in attitudes towards homosexual "marriage" will have a huge impact on immigration law and policy.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
The day the Republican Party drops its social conservative platform is the day I cease to be a Republican.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 10 All-in-for-Mike, dadof5, FirstCoastTerp, goalieman, Huckabeliever, HuckyinKentucky, Indiana4Huck, QuoVadisAnima, sandra, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
The day the Republican Party drops its social conservative platform is the day I cease to be a Republican.

:like

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
It's more about toning down the rhetoric......this is from the guy who "called for a truce" on social issues......
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -into-law/

Post by steves Liked by: beezwax

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
steves wrote:
It's more about toning down the rhetoric......this is from the guy who "called for a truce" on social issues......

I would at least agree that we need a rhetorical shift.

Not so much, however, a "toning down," as making our rhetoric more persuasive. And who might be a good model on talking persuasively about life and marriage..... hmmmmm.....

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

Post by Miserere Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
dadof5 wrote:
I just caught Neil Boortz on fox saying if we want to win the White House we have to rid ourselves of this obsession with social conservative. Neil has always supported Mike on the Fair Tax issue. We must stick by our commitment to social issues.

"If Slavery Is Not Wrong, Nothing Is Wrong" - President Abraham Lincoln, 1864
"If Abortion Is Not Wrong, Nothing Is Wrong" - Social Conservatives, 2011

Throughout American History, there have been a lot of people who have been willing to compromise on moral issues for the sake of political expediency. Some prime examples of people who fell into this category were our 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th Presidents, who, to varying degrees, tried to dance around the moral issue of the day (slavery) in a way that tried to avoid making people angry and that focused on trying to ignore the moral issues that were dividing the country and trying to build consensus on other issues. Today, history generally looks at these men as moral cowards. Furthermore, their attempt to ignore the moral issue of the day in favor of building a political coalition did not work; the country split apart within a few years of their rein.

A lot of people wish that the issue of abortion would just go away and that we could pretend that it wasn't happening and we could focus on everything else going on. Likewise, a lot of people wish that we wouldn't be so uptight about the definition of marriage and wouldn't be so full of objections about changing its definition so that it could mean anything and everything, and, by virtue of that, would soon mean nothing. But ignoring moral issues is a historical formula for allowing these issues to build up to a critical mass and cause much more damage to the country than if someone had the courage to take them head on.

I will never support anyone who supports abortion. Period. I don't care what else they believe. Anyone who either doesn't care that over one million unborn babies per year are being killed en utero is not someone worthy of my support.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 4 All-in-for-Mike, Indiana4Huck, justgrace, maryjthom

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:03 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:

Am I missing something? :?

If this guy is a RINO (according to talk radio) I want more like him. I think the "truce" talk is just blown way out of proportion.

I haven't spent the time to research Daniels that much. Maybe he is a RINO but he sure governs conservatively. Compared to what we have in Illinois he is Reagon on steroids.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Indiana Fights For Life
Indiana recently adopted a state law that prohibits state agencies from entering contracts with or making grants to “any entity that performs abortions or maintains or operates a facility where abortions are performed.” It also terminates existing state contracts with such entities.

Huck PAC has been an active leader in the Pro-Life movement, and we will stand with Indiana through any attacks against their attempt to prevent federal monies from being used to fund abortions.

This is fundamental to our core principal regarding the sanctity of life: "It’s morally wrong to take the taxpayer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans and use them to subsidize the largest abortion provider in America," said Representative Mike Pence, a 2010 Huck PAC endorsed candidate.

Although disappointing, I'm sure that none of us are surprised to learn that the Obama Administration argues that this new Indiana law breaches federal rules. The Administration has 90 days to decide whether to approve the law, but Administration officials have made it clear they will not approve the changes.

Indiana has already begun enforcing this law, which was passed on May 10. This new law also contains several pro-life provisions that directly affect abortion. So far, the court battle is over the lawsuit filed by Planned Parenthood against the state. A federal judge refused to grant Planned Parenthood's request of an injunction, which is evidently what got the Obama Administration involved so quickly.

Huck PAC and I will stand with Indiana as they fight for the sanctity of life. I hope you’ll join me.

Sincerely,

Mike Huckabee

Wish we could see Mike stand next to Mitch at the Presidential swearing in ceremony next year!!!!