Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:09 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... apses.html

Quote:
Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.

Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney are at the top of the GOP race with 19% and 18% respectively. Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin are further back at 13% and 12%, followed by Trump and Paul at 8%, Michele Bachmann at 7%, and Tim Pawlenty at 5%.

Post by sherri79 has received Likes: 2 justgrace, sandra
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:11 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
I wonder if it was his profane speech or his handling of the birther issue or both that did him in.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:20 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
So we have a new front runner albeit by tenths of a per cent maybe

Quote:
PublicPolicyPolling tweets..

Last year our GOP polling really showed a 4 way tie at the top but Huck/Mitt getting separation now: http://tinyurl.com/4yx5oae
10 minutes ago

Divide between Huckabee/Romney support and Palin/Gingrich support has increased in 2011
10 minutes ago

Huckabee and Romney lead with 19% and 18% respectively, Gingrich at 13% and Palin at 12%
11 minutes ago

I'd like to see Christie and Daniels to both enter, giving us a powerful field of TEN!

1 Huck :band :dive :up
2 Christie
3 Daniels
4 Gingrich
5 Romney
6 Bachmann or Palin
7 Huntsman Jr.
8 T-Paw
9 & 10 Couple Libertarians

http://race42012.com/2011/05/10/35488/#comment-825648

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Something in my gut tells me Trump caused his collapse on purpose because his intentions are not to win the nomination but instead prevent Romney from doing so.

EDIT - Wow...have I really crossed over the 3,000 post mark here. It caught me off-guard. I wanted to cross it with fanfare. Oh well. Yay 3,000 posts!

Post by BDBopper has received Likes: 4 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, HuckyinKentucky, sandra, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:32 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
BDBopper wrote:
Something in my gut tells me Trump caused his collapse on purpose because his intentions are not to win the nomination but instead prevent Romney from doing so.

EDIT - Wow...have I really crossed over the 3,000 post mark here. It caught me off-guard. I wanted to cross it with fanfare. Oh well. Yay 3,000 posts!

:band

:fireworks :fw :fireworks

:beach

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC has received Likes: 3 BDBopper, sandra, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Craig88USC wrote:
So we have a new front runner albeit by tenths of a per cent maybe

Quote:
PublicPolicyPolling tweets..

Last year our GOP polling really showed a 4 way tie at the top but Huck/Mitt getting separation now: http://tinyurl.com/4yx5oae
10 minutes ago

Divide between Huckabee/Romney support and Palin/Gingrich support has increased in 2011
10 minutes ago

Huckabee and Romney lead with 19% and 18% respectively, Gingrich at 13% and Palin at 12%
11 minutes ago

I'd like to see Christie and Daniels to both enter, giving us a powerful field of TEN!

1 Huck :band :dive :up
2 Christie
3 Daniels
4 Gingrich
5 Romney
6 Bachmann or Palin
7 Huntsman Jr.
8 T-Paw
9 & 10 Couple Libertarians

http://race42012.com/2011/05/10/35488/#comment-825648

But Craig, haven't you loaded up on too many "economic conservatives?" Too bad.... :wink:

Love the token Libertarians you threw in. :like

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 21
I called it! :geek :floor

Quote:
Trump is the Giuliani of 2012. Once primary voters wake up, analyze his record, and hear from the rest of the field, he will be toast. There is no doubt in my mind. -April 16, 2011

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
Jack has me beat by a couple of weeks, but this is what I said on April 29 on this thread viewtopic.php?f=180&t=25124&p=209392#p209392

WalterCan wrote:
Don't even worry about Trump. He tied his political future too closely to the birther issue, and now that the birth certificate has been released you are going to see a decline in numbers. His dropping the F word a few times in Vegas is just going to make that decline happen even faster.

I really do wish he would run though because I believe he would hurt Romney and help Huckabee for what little bit of time he would be in the race. My guess is Trump would go all in for New Hampshire and then have to drop out once he finished 3rd or 4th.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
WalterCan wrote:
Jack has me beat by a couple of weeks, but this is what I said on April 29 on this thread viewtopic.php?f=180&t=25124&p=209392#p209392

WalterCan wrote:
Don't even worry about Trump. He tied his political future too closely to the birther issue, and now that the birth certificate has been released you are going to see a decline in numbers. His dropping the F word a few times in Vegas is just going to make that decline happen even faster.

I really do wish he would run though because I believe he would hurt Romney and help Huckabee for what little bit of time he would be in the race. My guess is Trump would go all in for New Hampshire and then have to drop out once he finished 3rd or 4th.

Got you both beat, heehee! :wink: :lol:

April !2:

Quote:

Things that go up fast usually come crashing down. Trump has undergone no scrutiny. I expect to see his numbers drop once the honeymoon phase is over.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=24954

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:40 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
WalterCan wrote:

WalterCan wrote:

Got you both beat, heehee! :wink: :lol:

April !2:

Quote:

Things that go up fast usually come crashing down. Trump has undergone no scrutiny. I expect to see his numbers drop once the honeymoon phase is over.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=24954

OK...I'll play.

Here's my "trump" card from

April 6:

Quote:
Trump is ALL name ID and bluster. He may end up in the position of Guilliani in 2007 as the candidate best recognized and least known by GOP voters. Once folks knew the whole package that was Rudy, his support fell dramatically.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Seriously, we have way better political analysts on Huck's Army than anywhere else in the media.

(Ok so not exactly the right smiley, but you get the point!)

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
There's still the possibility of being "Nadered" in the general if he decides to run independent.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we haven't seen the last scene of this movie quite yet.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
I predict he announces an endorsement of another candidate on the final Apprentice episode ....

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:37 pm 
***** General

Steadfast wrote:
I predict he announces an endorsement of another candidate on the final Apprentice episode ....

That is what I have thought has been possible since the "F Bomb" episode. Presidential candidates don't do that sort of thing on purpose.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Steadfast wrote:

I've read he won't even be allowed to do that, and it never was even a possibility:

Quote:
Not exactly, according to the show’s publicist. “There will be no announcement,” Pannozzo said. “It’s just misinformation on his part.” Pannozzo insists there will be no live segments of the show. Asked about Pannozzo’s comments, Trump spokesman Michael Cohen confirmed to National Journal: “Mr. Trump will not be making any announcement during the finale of The Apprentice.”

Apparently the show was taped back in November. Go figure. :roll:

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:36 pm 
***** General

Well I guess it is all just a ratings stunt then. Shame on us for falling for it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
This is weird. I'd wanted to believe we could finally put the "Trump might actually run this time" theory to rest after it came out that his final Apprentice shows were taped back in November, preventing some kind of live announcement, but then this came out today:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 09836.html

Quote:
Reality TV star and real estate mogul Donald Trump is working on a policy book, which Regnery Publishing will release in conjunction with his potential presidential campaign, RCP has learned.

Regnery intends to place the book on a crash schedule, and it is tentatively set for a late-summer release date.

The book does not yet have a working title.

Designed to add some intellectual heft to Trump's light political resume, the book will lay out the New York City businessman's policy prescriptions for the country.

Weird, weird, weird. I assume they'll have to print a family-friendly version for voters in Iowa (New Hampshire voters get the unedited version). I'm guessing the family-friendly version will be available in leaflet form, considering how short it'll be once they take out all of the profanity.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Rumors swirling in Iowa is that he is running and going for the win in the caucuses.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa