Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
We've known Huck's running for a while now (even if he hasn't admitted it even to himself yet), but it's still nice to see other people starting to figure it out:

Quote:
Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor who leads in several 2012 GOP presidential polls, is stepping up his loose-knit campaign and may decide internally by late June or July if he will enter the race, with August slated as when he would officially announce for his second presidential bid, according to associates.

"He is seriously considering the race. He could decide in the next four to six weeks," said an associate. "He knows that he cannot wait forever."

The timing would put the announcement right before the important Iowa Straw Poll, set for August 13. Four years ago, he came in second behind Mitt Romney, a shock that boosted his campaign and eventually spurred his first place victory in the 2008 Iowa Caucus.

Insiders said that he wants to run and is already forming a preliminary staff of aides and trusted advisers led by his 2008 consigliere Ed Rollins.

I especially liked this part:

Quote:
In fact, both Fox and Citadel appear eager to keep the popular Huckabee on air.

Huck's decided he thinks he can afford to wait that long, and I, for one, agree:

Quote:
Insiders say that Huckabee isn't "agonizing" over his decision. Some advisers were pushing for a June 1 announcement, but they say Huckabee believes he still has time to decide in large part because he has good name recognition and tops many 2012 GOP presidential polls.

Here's hoping the rest of HucksArmy doesn't get too antsy between now and early August. :wink:

I think from this point forward (if we haven't already been doing so), we should take a page from Huck's book and operate under the assumption that he's running. He's been doing everything to position himself for a run for years now, even though he still claims he hasn't made up his mind. As his army, we should be doing the same.

Let's go troops!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 4 Craig88USC, maryrae, Southern Doc, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:22 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Just so long as he does it before the Ames Straw Poll. I've got my hotel booked and can't wait for the road trip with my mom!!!

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
I really hope it is before then He needs to participate in the Ames Straw pol (not just get in right beforehand) and needs to win it since everyone will be playing ball there. This isn't something he can skip in my opinion and he can't take Iowans for granted with a whole bunch of other candidates going around everywhere.

On the other hand this might be yet another bogus article trying to sway the public opinion...especially up there. My gut tells me that this is probably the case.

Post by BDBopper Liked by: sherri79

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
BDBopper wrote:
I really hope it is before then He needs to participate in the Ames Straw pol (not just get in right beforehand) and needs to win it since everyone will be playing ball there. This isn't something he can skip in my opinion and he can't take Iowans for granted with a whole bunch of other candidates going around everywhere.

On the other hand this might be yet another bogus article trying to sway the public opinion...especially up there. My gut tells me that this is probably the case.

I wish we could know whether these articles are bogus or have real information.

BTW, congratulations on becoming a Five Star General! General Bopper, I presume? You certainly are a leader worthy of respect. :soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
justgrace wrote:
BDBopper wrote:

I wish we could know whether these articles are bogus or have real information.

BTW, congratulations on becoming a Five Star General! General Bopper, I presume? You certainly are a leader worthy of respect. :soldier

Awww shucks. Twert nuttin. Just being the somebody doing the something. Thanks

Post by BDBopper has received Likes: 4 cschande, kdscott, Texan4Huckabee, WhatsNotToLike?