Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:07 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
I don't know...intrade has him running now down all the way to 5%...not a good sign that's for sure.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
I'm hearing from someone that worked for him in '08 that the "announcement" tomorrow on his show is whether or not he's running for President. If I were trading on Intrade, I'd bet the farm that he's running (esp. now that his prices are low). I've felt that way for months - and nothing today has changed my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:13 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
NJ Huck Supporter wrote:
I don't know...intrade has him running now down all the way to 5%...not a good sign that's for sure.

Intrade is not an indicator of what will come, just people's expectations of what will come. There is a reason why it is an unreliable source to base political predictions.

To put it bluntly, Intrade is about as useful in predictions as a crystal ball in a psychic shop.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:16 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
I think Huckabee is telling no one, so it doesn't leak! That totally ruins the suspense of it. Like newts big announcement that was made 3 days before the announcement, Kinda stupid if you aske me! Im hoping Rollins is just being kept in the dark, just to keep a lid on it!

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/05/1 ... _news_blog

Quote:
Mr. Huckabee has told followers to tune in to his Saturday evening show on Fox News for what he calls a major announcement. But Ed Rollins, who directed his 2008 campaign and has been organizing his 2012 campaign-in-waiting, said he has not been consulted.

“I’ve heard nothing, which indicates to me he’s not running,” Mr. Rollins said in an interview.

If Mr. Huckabee formally says he’s a no-go, his absence will reshape the still-chaotic campaign for the Republican nomination. He leads or is near the top of virtually every poll of Republican primary voters, and would have been the presumptive front runner in the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa, which he won in 2008. Without him, a large Evangelical contingent – plus voters drawn to his easy-going personality – will be up for grabs in the Hawkeye State and beyond.

As recently as a week ago, Mr. Rollins said, he had been meeting with Mr. Huckabee intensively to go over his chances. A month ago, he said, the former governor was “fully engaged.” Two weeks ago, “he started backing off, but he still wanted to go through, could he raise the money, could he put together the operatives,” Mr. Rollins recalled. All the answers were “yes,” the campaign chief added.

They had assembled a strategy the foresaw him sweeping to victory in Iowa, then focusing on South Carolina, Florida and Texas.

“There was absolutely nothing that I told him that would back him away from doing the race,” Mr. Rollins said. “If he said tomorrow night, ‘I’m running,’ and came to me, I could put together a campaign in week,” he said.

Mr. Huckabee has about 10 close political advisers left over from his 2008 campaign, many of whom have held off committing to other campaigns, or even said they would quit their jobs, should he decide to run. This core cadre has met with him over the last month, and has strongly advised that he jump in. “He has by far the clearest path to the nomination of all the 2012 candidates,” one of the would-be Huckabee team said.

But several member of the inner circle said Friday that they had no knowledge of what Mr. Huckabee planned to announce, and were dumbfounded that he had kept his own would-be campaign in the dark. Mr. Huckabee has already seen most of his main operatives in Iowa and New Hampshire gobbled up by competing campaigns.

There have been lingering doubts. His Fox show and series of books have made Mr. Huckabee a wealthy man for the first time in his life. He built a mansion in Florida. Fox executives told him he had to decide whether he would run or keep his show.

“I said, ‘If you don’t have the fire in the belly, don’t go,’” Mr. Rollins said. “I can’t want it more for him than he wants it for himself.”

Whatever his decision, Mr. Huckabee has a devoted following. Randy Davis, a leading Iowa volunteer and Christian “chalk artist” (chalkartist.com), is leading a Stuck on Huck Rally in Des Moines June 4, whether Huck is there or not.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
then again, we could go over and take the Romney supporters' money from them and donate it to Huck's campaign....

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Well this is a Great Day!

I know many or most will be anxious to hear the announcement on Saturday. But that is what we've been waiting for all along. Every major sign still points to his joining the race:

1.) He leads in the polling
2.) He leads in favorability
3.) He has secured financial independence (BTW - running and loosing would in no way take that from him. It would actually likely increase his marketability - he knows that if I know that)
4.) He has put in place a shadow campaign
5.) He has been actively working the early primary states
6.) He has declared Obama to be vulnerable

Could he choose not to run? Sure?

But why would he?

His labor over the last four years has all been structured to make himself a viable Presidential candidate and President. Would he walk away from that now? Would he say "someone else should do something about this mess?" If so it would be quite a contrast.

The timing is his own and I'm sure many will speculate of the factors driving a Saturday night announcement.

We do know that Romney will not be the nominee. He was weak to begin with but now has two fatal blows: he has lost Wall Street and he has lost the tea party. He cannot win and every professional knows it (including those on his pay roll). But Romney can't let go and will run another loosing race. With Romney out all the Wall Street money is likely to flow to Daniels. But Daniels will still have to contend with the zombie campaign of Mitt far more than Huckabee.

Romney's choice to embrace his millstone really opens the field for Mike. There is in fact a big void at the moment. A quick declaration and he could shoot (boom) to 30% in the polls with Romney falling and the pack (including the still unknown except to insiders Mitch Daniels) in single digits.

Additionally, perhaps he knows that Daniels will or won't run. If he knows Daniels will run then perhaps he is confident that Daniels will represent conservatism well enough and since Romney has imploded has the inside track (and then begins the long VP choice parlor game of whether Huck not running will be rewarded with the VP slot).

Just as easily though, Mike may know Daniels is not running which gives Mike an open path to the nomination.

We will all know Saturday. Good.

Two important considerations to close:

1.) Mike Huckabee has been our standard bearer for our hopes and beliefs regarding a better future for our nation. But he is not the incarnation of such hopes and beliefs nor is he the standard. Those ideals will continue, must continue, to be championed by every officer and enlistee in Huck's Army. His ability to achieve our shared aims is only possible because "We the People" in fact do want those aims achieved and are willing to work, argue, advocate, and vote for them. Notice how this announcement has lit up the number of visitors to this site. The Army is waiting and its power is in its collective strength. A strength we wish Mike Huckabee to weild effectively as President, but one that is there because he reflects who "We" are, and not because he is the "one we've been waiting for." I am still very confident that Mike Huckabee is running for President. But regardless the standard must be raised and carried forward.

2.) Mike Huckabee will not die even if he does not run. He will continue to be a major force for our shared issues and concerns. A force to be reckoned with. It does not end on Saturday night.

Regardless of the decision, Sunday will be the first day of a very new week.
And a Great Day!

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 9 bmk2307, Chadballer, cschande, FirstCoastTerp, gagoesforhuck, maryrae, miracleshappen, QuoVadisAnima, Wendero

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:29 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
From the AP...

"Huckabee to announce Saturday he'll take steps for White House in 2012"

http://www.kspr.com/sns-ap-ar--huckabee ... 7925.story

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Man now I'm getting nervous. And I just remembered that I have to work tomorrow night until 10pm! Ugh, ok nobody mention what happens until I an watch the replay at 11. Thanks :lol:

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
Quote:
Man now I'm getting nervous. And I just remembered that I have to work tomorrow night until 10pm! Ugh, ok nobody mention what happens until I an watch the replay at 11. Thanks

I wonder, If he announces, whether or not they will be able to show any replays. I would assume they cannot.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Quote:
Mike Huckabee has been our standard bearer for our hopes and beliefs regarding a better future for our nation. But he is not the incarnation of such hopes and beliefs nor is he the standard. Those ideals will continue, must continue, to be championed by every officer and enlistee in Huck's Army. His ability to achieve our shared aims is only possible because "We the People" in fact do want those aims achieved and are willing to work, argue, advocate, and vote for them. Notice how this announcement has lit up the number of visitors to this site. The Army is waiting and its power is in its collective strength. A strength we wish Mike Huckabee to weild effectively as President, but one that is there because he reflects who "We" are, and not because he is the "one we've been looking for." I am still very confident that Mike Huckabee is running for President. But regardless the standard must be raised and carried forward.
Amen Southern Doc

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
bmk2307 wrote:
Man now I'm getting nervous. And I just remembered that I have to work tomorrow night until 10pm! Ugh, ok nobody mention what happens until I an watch the replay at 11. Thanks :lol:

You just reminded me....I have two long days of driving ahead of me, starting tomorrow! I'll miss the announcement, and all the chat here! ARGHHHH!!!!! :wall-yellow :balling

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

bmk2307 wrote:
Me too only I have to work 7pm Sat. till 7:30am Sun.! Don't think I won't make one of my breaks (God willing because in health care you never know when/if you will get one) a view of FOX.

Wonder why Rush hasn't mentioned this today?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
I think Huckabee should ask SoDoc to run his national campaign.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 4 DFCSTech, Indiana4Huck, maryrae, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
I really hope that Huckabee does not come out in support of Daniels if he isn't running. I don't want anyone who wants a "truce" on moral values.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 pm 
Sergeant

Based on what I have been hearing and some inside information is that Huck is planning on announcing an exploratory committee tomorrow.

Post by Stephen Hall has received Likes: 4 DFCSTech, jcpender, ohiorepublican09, Wendero

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 pm 
Lieutenant General

Suppose Huck plans to announce he is running the last five minutes of the show. He wears a purple tie and we all know the first few seconds of his show. :lol:

Post by Indiana4Huck has received Likes: 2 DFCSTech, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Indiana4Huck wrote:
Suppose Huck plans to announce he is running the last five minutes of the show. He wears a purple tie and we all know the first few seconds of his show. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Stephen Hall wrote:
Based on what I have been hearing and some inside information is that Huck is planning on announcing an exploratory committee tomorrow.

I just saw this post at Race42012, which said the following:

Quote:
“Governor Huckabee will announce tomorrow night on his program whether or not he intends to explore a presidential bid,” Woody Fraser, the executive producer of “Huckabee” said in a statement. “He has not told anyone at FOX News Channel his decision.”

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:53 pm 
Sergeant

bmk2307 wrote:
Stephen Hall wrote:

I just saw this post at Race42012, which said the following:

Quote:
“Governor Huckabee will announce tomorrow night on his program whether or not he intends to explore a presidential bid,” Woody Fraser, the executive producer of “Huckabee” said in a statement. “He has not told anyone at FOX News Channel his decision.”

Analysis is that if Fraser knew Huckabee wouldn't be running, he wouldn't have mentioned anything about a presidential exploratory committe.

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:54 pm 
Sergeant

Something also occurred to me. There may have been a chance that Huck has gotten ahold of funding but needs an exploratory committee in order to keep it coming. That would explain the sudden announcement tomorrow.

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: DFCSTech

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next