Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I'm going to be driving from Porland, OR back to Colorado Springs on Sat and Sun, so I'll miss Mike's big announcement on his show Sat. :( Would one of you be willing to text me either:

A) "He's running!" :party :army :fw

:fireworks

OR

B) "He's not running." :balling :balling :balling :thud :wow

...when he makes his announcement? Pretty pleeeeaaassse!!!!!!! :pray :wink: :D

My number is 719-238-2281

A gazillion thanks!!!!!!

Susan

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 pm 

Liked: 152
You're phone will probably be going crazy with texts from numerous people that know you're a Huckaholic.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:36 pm 

I just sent Susan the text :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
GrannyT wrote:

So sad. I didn't have the heart to do it. I don't know what to do now.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm 
***** General

So what's next? This seems like the end of the road for HA. I can't see this site staying active for 4 years at the off chance that Mike will run in 2016 even if that is a legitimate possibility. I don't want it to end and I respect all of the mods and admins and most of the members here, but can't see much reason to continue coming here.

I am not saying this out of emotion, but from the prospect of having a small window to say goodbyes. I was thinking of starting a topic called Honorable Discharges to allow people to put in their last words. Stupid?

Or is there a valid reason for HA to continue on? I certainly believe the heart of what this community is about should and must continue on, but this is a site centered around a single political candidate so it's hard to see it remaining viable. If for some reason Mike ran in 2016, it could easily be brought out of the mothballs. Otherwise, this feels like it's finally time to turn out all the lights.

:balling

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
I don't think we should make any decisions tonight (not that you would) but it definitely needs to be talked about in the next days. I am not ready to weigh in yet as I am very tired and the next days will hopefully bring some clarity to all of us. I would suggest we start a thread in the Forum Moderation where the Mods/Admins can discuss it. Starting tomorrow.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 pm 
General

Liked: 52
bmk2307 wrote:
I don't think we should make any decisions tonight (not that you would) but it definitely needs to be talked about in the next days. I am not ready to weigh in yet as I am very tired and the next days will hopefully bring some clarity to all of us. I would suggest we start a thread in the Forum Moderation where the Mods/Admins can discuss it. Starting tomorrow.

I like this idea. We need a little time at least.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:49 pm 

maryrae wrote:
bmk2307 wrote:

I like this idea. We need a little time at least.

:like

Hopefully Ken will get us a like button in the forum moderation before he leaves us.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:07 am 
***** General

Liked: 40
Yes, a couple of days to think on this is a good idea. Praying for direction here, for us to make the right decision.

Seems like a theme lately...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:10 am 
Major General

Liked: 24
I agree. Not good to make decisions in the midst of bad news if you can help it. Give it a few days.

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:14 am 
***** General

Agreed. I hate to think about the possibility of having to give up what we have here, and I think that thought is part of what's making this night so hard for me. I need some time to think and pray and process. I know eventually I'll have to move forward. We'll all have to move forward. And I'd like to think we can find a way to move forward together. But, for a little while at least, I just need some time to be still.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:13 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
GrannyT wrote:

Thank you, GrannyT. I appreciate you remembering me. Sad night, but I so respect Mike's reason for his decision.

Rest well tonight, my friends. God is still on His throne.

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 am 
***** General

GrannyT wrote:
Hopefully Ken will get us a like button in the forum moderation before he leaves us.
How about now?

Post by FirstCoastTerp has received Likes: 3 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, GrannyT, Southern Doc