Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:54 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
I don't think Mike would be so lame as to announce an exploratory committee tomorrow night. The evidence is there. He's seen it. There's everything that Southern Doc posted earlier. I don't think he'll dance around the issue. He's not the type. I'm betting it'll be an up or down decision.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
The story about this on Politico http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54924.html seems to indicate that this is indeed an announcement about whether or not he will run, and evidence is leaning toward an announcement that he is NOT running. I'm not ready to draw any conclusions, but I would agree with the story that given how this is being done the odds would be in favor of an announcement that he's not running.

For those who are Christians I'd just encourage you that God is Sovereign, and we can trust that in a decision like this His hand is what is ultimately guiding things. Whatever happens God is still on the throne, and we, and this country will be just fine.

I know it would be disappointing, and I'm not diminishing that. There would be a period of time needed to grieve and get beyond all the feelings and emotions involved, but IF he is not running there is a greater good that would come out of this.

Of course if the signs are all wrong, and he is running, then I'm fine with that too :D

Post by WalterCan has received Likes: 2 gagoesforhuck, maryrae

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:57 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
Chadballer wrote:
I don't think Mike would be so lame as to announce an exploratory committee tomorrow night. The evidence is there. He's seen it. There's everything that Southern Doc posted earlier. I don't think he'll dance around the issue. He's not the type. I'm betting it'll be an up or down decision.

An exploratory committee isn't exactly dancing around the issue. Last time when Huck ran, he formed an exploratory committee. Romney this time around has formed an exploratory committee and we all know he was running ever since 2008.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:59 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Exploratory committee? what have the last three years been about? And the polls? Hmmmmm...just what does an exploratory committee accomplish? How does it work? scratch

Post by Indiana4Huck Liked by: Chadballer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
So if he does indeed announce he is not running, then what is up with the media tour?? I don't think he would shatter our dreams then offer some history videos as a consolation prize.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Post by bmk2307 Liked by: Jack_Somers81

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
FWIW, the "Huckabee" Producer was the source that my source cited... :-D

I would think it very odd to come out and announce that you're NOT forming an exploratory committee.

I respect everyone's opinion here on this, and I see the need to not get your hopes up too high, and then have them all dashed if he says he's not running, but I seriously think he's running. And I think Romney basically finishing his own campaign yesterday (and lots of people looking for a new candidate) may be a factor in the timing of this.

Post by Jack_Somers81 has received Likes: 4 Craig88USC, DFCSTech, janelles, navyqueen

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:13 pm 
Sergeant

Indiana4Huck wrote:
Exploratory committee? what have the last three years been about? And the polls? Hmmmmm...just what does an exploratory committee accomplish? How does it work? scratch

Forming an exploratory committee allows you to began fundraising for your campaign. As it stands, Huckabee is barred from doing so and he can't use his Huck Pac for funds anyway.

Post by Stephen Hall has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
Huckabee has said he would "announce" on FOX.

Reading this thread is like being on a roller coaster. I appreciate all of the comments. It helps to feel connected....

Post by janelles has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
Indiana4Huck wrote:

With an Exploratory Committee, a candidate is legally allowed to raise funds. It's a complete change from just having a PAC. Some Huckabee supporters that I've talked to believe that many donors have been waiting for an Exploratory Committee to be formed before they donate, because they want the funds to go toward Mike's campaign. I think that the timing would be perfect for impact reasons; being on the heels of Romney's implosion speech and Newt's announcement Tweet, just ahead of the Sunday morning talk shows and the Sunday replay of 'Huckabee'. The show's ratings should be astronomical.

Post by DFCSTech Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:20 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
DFCSTech wrote:
Indiana4Huck wrote:

With an Exploratory Committee, a candidate is legally allowed to raise funds. It's a complete change from just having a PAC. Some Huckabee supporters that I've talked to believe that many donors have been waiting for an Exploratory Committee to be formed before they donate, because they want the funds to go toward Mike's campaign. I think that the timing would be perfect for impact reasons; being on the heels of Romney's implosion speech and Newt's announcement Tweet, just ahead of the Sunday morning talk shows and the Sunday replay of 'Huckabee'. The show's ratings should be astronomical.
Does that mean those of us who have been saving to max out for Mike should donate or is it more prudent to wait until he announces a bonafide run?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:21 pm 
Sergeant

I know some people are confused because Huck did say he would wait till summer to announce. Some people said August, I and a few others (including Huckabee) said June, and my earlier assessment was May.

However, the political situation has changed. The biggest change is the self-destruction of Romney's campaign. Newt's announcement plays a factor, as well as the establishment being split between Romney and Daniels. The planets are aligned for Mike Huckabee to take advantage of this, and if he plays his cards right, this nomination process could be over pretty quickly (relatively speaking).

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:22 pm 
Sergeant

Indiana4Huck wrote:
DFCSTech wrote:
Indiana4Huck wrote:

Does that mean those of us who have been saving to max out for Mike should donate or is it more prudent to wait until he announces a bonafide run?

An exploratory committee is supposed to gage the waters before going for a run. If you want Mike Huckabee to run, donate when the exploratory committee is up and going.

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
Stephen Hall wrote:
I know some people are confused because Huck did say he would wait till summer to announce. Some people said August, I and a few others (including Huckabee) said June, and my earlier assessment was May.

However, the political situation has changed. The biggest change is the self-destruction of Romney's campaign. Newt's announcement plays a factor, as well as the establishment being split between Romney and Daniels. The planets are aligned for Mike Huckabee to take advantage of this, and if he plays his cards right, this nomination process could be over pretty quickly (relatively speaking).

So if he announces the formation of an exploratory commitee, tomorrow will be his final Fox News show. (Until perhaps 2021 when he completes his second term in the White House.. although I don't think Fox News could afford him then ;))

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

Post by Craig88USC Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
This board is hoppin'! Good to see people coming here for news and support.

I think the reports of he's doing this, then the reports of he's not, all over the blogs, tweets and facebook land are fabulous - definitely getting everyone interested and the anticipation growing. The focus is on Mike this weekend.

I think we should all wear purple tomorrow just for fun.

Is anyone else nervous? :lurk Trying to stay 8)

:pray

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
It looks this the AP edited the story I posted to now say..

"Huckabee to announce Saturday if he'll take steps for White House in 2012"

(added the word if)

http://www.kspr.com/sns-ap-ar--huckabee ... 7925.story

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:34 pm 
Major

Craig88USC wrote:
Stephen Hall wrote:

So if he announces the formation of an exploratory commitee, tomorrow will be his final Fox News show. (Until perhaps 2021 when he completes his second term in the White House.. although I don't think Fox News could afford him then ;))

I just don't get why he wouldn't announce his run tomorrow if he has to give up the Fox show (and I'm guessing the radio shows go along with that?) He knows that the support is there...

Post by Chadballer Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:35 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
The only time I remember a similar story is when he dropped out in 2008. He consistently said he would keep running... then one day walked out addressed the press and dropped out. I think Mike is the type of guy who once he makes up his mind he acts on it... kind of what I want in a President.

Btw, maybe he's just announcing Trump is running :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 pm 
Major

myxter3 wrote:
The only time I remember a similar story is when he dropped out in 2008. He consistently said he would keep running... then one day walked out addressed the press and dropped out. I think Mike is the type of guy who once he makes up his mind he acts on it... kind of what I want in a President.

Btw, maybe he's just announcing Trump is running :)

That's what I've figured too. I think he's been doing enough exploring for the last 3 years. I think he'll go all the way. But hey, that's just me.

And on the Trump note, maybe he's announcing the whole field is dropping out in favor of endorsing him. :pray one can only hope...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
myxter3 wrote:
The only time I remember a similar story is when he dropped out in 2008. He consistently said he would keep running... then one day walked out addressed the press and dropped out.

He dropped out on the night he lost the Texas primary not out of the blue. He had to win Texas to have a chance as I remember it. He stayed in until it was mathmatically impossible.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
"He dropped out on the night he lost the Texas primary not out of the blue. He had to win Texas to have a chance as I remember it. He stayed in until it was mathmatically impossible."

You might be right... my memory may be a little off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next