Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
GrannyT wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:
I've been reading a little on Race42012 (please forgive me!) and two things stuck out. Well, three if you count everyone convinced that Huckabee isn't running. :roll: They also said Huckabee cannot announce on Fox News or else they will be fined and that Ed Rollins was on another network saying that Huckabee is too fat to run.

WHAT????? scratch

I've been busy and haven't read very much on Race today. I did notice that Huckabee is dominating the front page. :D

Haha, yes he is. I might just have to sign up over there today so that I can join in the celebration if he announces tomorrow. :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:12 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 2
Does everyone believe he is going to run? Man I'll be honest, I really really hope he runs, but I have a strong feeling he wont be.

We'll see!

"It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached."

-- Mike huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 pm 

Liked: 152
Huckabeliever wrote:
Haha, yes he is. I might just have to sign up over there today so that I can join in the celebration if he announces tomorrow. :lol:

You don't technically have to "sign up" just enter your screen name and email address. I've never received any unsolicited email from them and they don't post your email address either.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 pm 

Liked: 152
soccerdude21490 wrote:
Does everyone believe he is going to run? Man I'll be honest, I really really hope he runs, but I have a strong feeling he wont be.

We'll see!

I still say it's about 95% yes and 5% no. Regardless, he'll have a voice people will listen to.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
soccerdude21490 wrote:

We'll see!

I will say this. If he IS running, then this is probably not the right way to go about it. I know that Mike believes in this country and knows that it's heading in the wrong direction. Given the positive showing in the polls and the grassroots support, he really does not need this type of drama surrounding his "Decision". He could just get in when he is ready minus all of the drama stuff since he knows there is a strong chance that he could win. It just seems like the Lebron stuff all over again. I guess the country will find out in little over 24 hrs.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:41 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
1)Announcement after Romney speech,(2)before Daniels decides,(3)he could have and would have let us known if he wasnt going to run and not put us through this(4)last 5minutes of show will be live?(5)going on Chris W. show Sunday(6)new buisness to bring in money
(7) He truly loves his country

Yes, I think he is running.

Post by FL4Huck Liked by: gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
tdavisjr wrote:
soccerdude21490 wrote:

We'll see!

I will say this. If he IS running, then this is probably not the right way to go about it. I know that Mike believes in this country and knows that it's heading in the wrong direction. Given the positive showing in the polls and the grassroots support, he really does not need this type of drama surrounding his "Decision". He could just get in when he is ready minus all of the drama stuff since he knows there is a strong chance that he could win. It just seems like the Lebron stuff all over again. I guess the country will find out in little over 24 hrs.

I totally disagree. Hype is good. Politics should be exciting. That's one of the reasons I'm supporting Mike and not T-Paw!

And I think he's running. Ed's just mad he hasn't told him yet.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
FL4Huck wrote:
1)Announcement after Romney speech,(2)before Daniels decides,(3)he could have and would have let us known if he wasnt going to run and not put us through this(4)last 5minutes of show will be live?(5)going on Chris W. show Sunday(6)new buisness to bring in money
(7) He truly loves his country

Yes, I think he is running.

Like everyone else I am agonizing over this. I dont know why he would build up so much hype if it was to say, nope I am not running. Also maybe Rollins and others dont know because Huckabee wants to be the one to make the annoucement without any leaks.

If he is running, Huckabee is a media genius. Only if Obama had been so savy when announcing the OBL death. Huckabee is going to have 10 million plus people tuned in tomorrow.

I have to agree with others, If Huckabee doesnt run I think he his influence will be diminished. So if he bows out becuase of finacial reasons, I think it would be a horrible mistake. But then again I have to trust Gov Huckabee he seems to always make the right decision.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
"I think it's the end of THE [HUCKABEE Fox News] show" - Neil Cavuto

Final line in the interview today on Cavuto's show. 8)

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 pm 
Private

Liked: 0
I am convinced he will run.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:58 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
I think he will run as well!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
All along I really believed he was running.

Now that the devil wants his due, I just don't know.... (chickening out, I guess...playing it safe).

I know what I want...only he knows what he'll do.

But -- having said that -- would he really hype this up, stand before his live audience -- and dash their dreams? I'm not sure. I would think, if he really was not running, he would have done it more subtly, perhaps in print at first, and then follow up with his TV pitch as to why he is not running -- so that everyone understood beforehand....rather than a hushed silence.

But like this...he will be speaking to a live audience who will physically -- and audibly -- deflate with that message.

Huck is a smart guy. Is that really how he wants to end his show ... figuratively or literally!

On the other hand...if he is running, can you imagine the jubilation in that audience -- now that -- my friend -- is smart strategy.

You build up hype for excitement, not for disappointment.

Huck is pretty savy.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Okay, I am revising my post. I am coming right out---- no more indecision.

I think he is going to run.

Post by voter Liked by: Matthew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:01 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
I'm wondering how this will be portrayed during the 'live' portion. First, I would imagine the audience will have already gone home.
Second, will he be in the same studio, or another setting?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:03 pm 
Major General

Liked: 35
"The O'Reilly Factor” has just begun and I see Beck is going to be on AND HUCKABEE.

Perhaps they will run into each other in the hall or green room ;)

Please click^ on the tank and join up today :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:13 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
What reason would Mike have to announce at this time that he's NOT running?

Could it be because Fox is pressuring him to come to a decision soon? Probably not.

Could it be because he sees that another potential candidate would clearly be a better President than he would, and his conscience is bothered by the idea of people continuing to support him (rather than that other person) for one moment more? I doubt it.

Could it be that he really has a greater interest in advancing his personal financial interests than serving his country, and he feels that continuing to deceive the public for one moment more would be hypocritical? No.

No matter how I try to reason this out, I can see no reason why Mike would be announcing NOW that he is not running for President.

That leaves the other alternative as the only logical one....

Post by mikethom1 has received Likes: 6 Craig88USC, Dave in SC, justgrace, miracleshappen, TheValuesVoter, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
mikethom1 wrote:
What reason would Mike have to announce at this time that he's NOT running?

Could it be because Fox is pressuring him to come to a decision soon? Probably not.

Could it be because he sees that another potential candidate would clearly be a better President than he would, and his conscience is bothered by the idea of people continuing to support him (rather than that other person) for one moment more? I doubt it.

Could it be that he really has a greater interest in advancing his personal financial interests than serving his country, and he feels that continuing to deceive the public for one moment more would be hypocritical? No.

No matter how I try to reason this out, I can see no reason why Mike would be announcing NOW that he is not running for President.

That leaves the other alternative as the only logical one....

I agree with every word that you wrote here.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: janelles

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I like Huck's style here. A little Lebron James-style media event (albeit with a lot more concern for others than James displayed during "The Decision" last year).

I can imagine the closing line of the show tomorrow night:
"America, I'm taking my talents to 16th and Pennsylvania Avenue."

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:26 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
voter wrote:
You build up hype for excitement, not for disappointment.

I believe you are correct.

I think the only reason Rollins and others haven't been told is because Mike doesn't want any leaks to take away from this excitement.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
At the risk of being bold to the point of hubris, I don't see any real reason for this unless he is announcing.

No one that I know of in Presidential history since William Sherman has ever walked away from an open door leading to the Presidency. Cuomo in 1992 was the closest thing but he thought Bush's 90% approval made him invincible. Clinton won the nomination and the office becoming the first President from Hope, Arkansas.

He's in folks.
It is the simple, obvious, result of everything that has happened over the two years since the election. It is the only consistent outcome that would match the build up and the response (as Voter well points out).

I've mentioned before an old Hogan Heros episode where Hogan and Klink have to disarm a bomb in the compound by clipping one of two wires. Wrong wire - BOOM! Hogan asks Klink which one to cut then cuts the other instead. No Boom. Klink then complains why had he been asked if Hogan knew which wire to cut? Hogan replies he didn't, he just knew Klink would pick the wrong one.

Well the media minds at Politico, Cilizza, WSJ, and FOX all are defaulting to Huck not running. That has been there meme for two years and they are hurd creatures.

Remember the media only has one pattern regarding Huckabee. They ALWAYS get "SURPRISED" by the big story and miss what's going on.

They have clearly picked their wire...and now...clip

HUCKABOOM!

He is ALWAYS surprising them.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 8 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, Craig88USC, DFCSTech, gagoesforhuck, miracleshappen, ohiorepublican09, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
You give me great comfort, Southern Doc. Thank you.

Post by janelles has received Likes: 2 DFCSTech, justgrace

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next