Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
He sounds like he's in campaign mode!!

I want to join the others on here and say......HE'S RUNNING!!!!!!!

:pompom

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Assuming that he is actually going to run, which I think he will, he is even smarter than I thought he was, and that's saying a lot.

1) He doesn't tell anyone about his plans. That way not only do they have honest deniability of knowledge of his intentions but they also are more likely to assume and leak their opinion that he's not running. They reason that if he were going to run, he would tell them.

2) The media, using their plugs into all their reliable sources, gets the opinon that he's not going to run. Expectations are set there. Tonight, I heard Wolf Blitzer saying that he had a gut feeling that Huckabee was not going to run.

3) He does the show. Commercial break. Hot seat. Commercial break. Guest interviews. Commercial break. Little Rockers. Mike says "I have something to say to America ... right after this ... commercial break."

4) Everybody is tuned in. He announces that he WILL be seeking the presidency.

5) And NOW you have a news story, the significance of which is compounded because everybody, including the pundit class and the insiders, are all genuinely surprised. And on the heels of Mitt's Misfortune, the Donald's Implosion and the President's public amusement at a lackluster set of opponents for 2012, his profile is even greater than it would have been otherwise.

Net result: he gets a much bigger boost than he would have gotten if he just did the standard thing and tweeted "Will U plz vote 4 me - #winning" or something wierd like what some of the other guys have done.

Nicely played, Governor.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 3 Craig88USC, DFCSTech, gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Now I am in the swing...no turning back. Huck is in!

If he was not running, he would call a press conference to announce that decision.

When he is announcing on his program, he is TALKING TO HIS FANBASE...
I do not think he would not use that medium to disappoint his loyal fans.

Rather, he would announce it at a press conference, go on the other shows and reference that he would explain his decision on his show. He would not go into the night, hyping everyone's hopes, and then dash them.

Remember when McCain was picking a VP -- and some were speculating that Huckabee was on a flight somewhere (although, of course, we HA knew better) -- Huckabee immediately tweated that it was not him -- HE DID NOT WANT TO GET HIS FANBASE'S HOPES RAISED AND THEN DASHED.

He is coming in!

Stay tuned.

Post by voter has received Likes: 6 Craig88USC, DFCSTech, gagoesforhuck, janelles, TheValuesVoter, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:46 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Assuming that he is actually going to run, which I think he will, he is even smarter than I thought he was, and that's saying a lot.

1) He doesn't tell anyone about his plans. That way not only do they have honest deniability of knowledge of his intentions but they also are more likely to assume and leak their opinion that he's not running. They reason that if he were going to run, he would tell them.

2) The media, using their plugs into all their reliable sources, gets the opinon that he's not going to run. Expectations are set there. Tonight, I heard Wolf Blitzer saying that he had a gut feeling that Huckabee was not going to run.

3) He does the show. Commercial break. Hot seat. Commercial break. Guest interviews. Commercial break. Little Rockers. Mike says "I have something to say to America ... right after this ... commercial break."

4) Everybody is tuned in. He announces that he WILL be seeking the presidency.

5) And NOW you have a news story, the significance of which is compounded because everybody, including the pundit class and the insiders, are all genuinely surprised. And on the heels of Mitt's Misfortune, the Donald's Implosion and the President's public amusement at a lackluster set of opponents for 2012, his profile is even greater than it would have been otherwise.

Net result: he gets a much bigger boost than he would have gotten if he just did the standard thing and tweeted "Will U plz vote 4 me - #winning" or something wierd like what some of the other guys have done.

Nicely played, Governor.

Well if he wasnt going to run you may have just changed his mind, when you put it that way.... Its genius

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:50 pm 
***** General

And to think that we all thought that the JetBlue flight attendant who slid down the emergency chute last year found the ultimate way to quit his job.

Attachment:
406430-jet_blue_flight_attendant_sliding_emergency_chute.jpg
406430-jet_blue_flight_attendant_sliding_emergency_chute.jpg [ 16.18 KiB | Viewed 2397 times ]

Tomorrow night: "Uh, Mr. Ailes. I didn't tell you this yet, but, I'm going to run for President. Right now. I quit."

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I saw Huckabee on O'Reilly and I think he is going to run....!!!!!! He did appear to be in "campaign mode" and it is so good to see that....Holding onto my yard signs from last time and hope to put them out tomorrow night at 9pm.....

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 3 gagoesforhuck, Southern Doc, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:55 pm 
***** General

nrobyar wrote:
I saw Huckabee on O'Reilly and I think he is going to run....!!!!!! He did appear to be in "campaign mode" and it is so good to see that....Holding onto my yard signs from last time and hope to put them out tomorrow night at 9pm.....

Also ... anyone remember him giving a shout-out to Huck's Army a couple of weeks ago? Why would he do that ... just before giving a public announcement that he's not running?

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:00 pm 
Major

Liked: 9
Actually, to me, it has been seeming to me more and more likely that Huckabee will not run. I don't think it's about him pursuing money, it's just that he seems very happy doing what he is doing now and I don't know if he wants the presidency bad enough. Running for president is such a significant investment of your time and energy, and running to win means you need to be fully prepared for 5 or 9 years of major nonstop commitment. To me he has been showing signs of exploring the idea, but nothing that indicates that he's really getting himself excited to go into campaign mode.

We will just have to wait and see what he says. If Huck does not run then I will probably support Gingrich, or maybe Pawlenty. I think either of them are solid and would do much better than people expect. I'll be tuning in to Huck tomorrow for sure, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
I'm wondering if he's just been sitting waiting for the best 'spot'.... mainly in reference to Romney. Because we can sit and talk about Trump, Gingrich, Pawlenty & Cain until we're blue in the face... but the unspoken reality that everyone has kind of known since 2008, is that the 2012 GOP primary is Romney Vs. Huckabee Round 2. These other candidates can be exciting... but Romney and Huck are the ones to beat, they always have been. And he finally has Romney at a vulnerable moment... probably the most vulnerable he will be for months. Huck probably knows this... is getting close to a decision... see's Romney's speech and decides immediately "I have to do this now before the news cycle shifts".

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:08 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
nrobyar wrote:

:) glad your in better spirits. Felt bad for you earlier when you told about how your sis called you. You described the way we all felt at first. Like a good punch to the stomach.

I at least can breath easy again for the next 22 hours.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 pm 
***** General

Let's play along with the premise that he's announcing that he's not running for President tomorrow night. How would that possibly benefit him in any way?

The result of that would be the following:
1) Tomorrow night, as people all over America tune in to hear the decision, the ratings for his show would be through the roof.

2) After tomorrow night, the ratings for his show, along with his media visibility and perceived importance, would likely crash through the basement. Once he so publicly declared that he was not running, no one would really be seeking him out for interviews for a while. Think about it. When was the last time anyone asked Haley Barbour about anything not related to flooding?

It would make sense for Huckabee to announce tomorrow night that he's running. It would also make sense for Huckabee to have earlier put out a press statement that he is not running. But it would make absolutely no sense to announce "The Decision," put all kinds of media hype in motion, do the interview circuit the night before, talk about it on the radio, etc, just to go on camera and say "Go home, folks. Nothing to see here!" Donald Trump would do that. But I can't see Governor Huckabee doing it.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, janelles

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
This is only slightly off topic:

It is wonderful and encouraging to see so many old name (some familiar some not) flash across the "on-line" list at the bottom of the screen. The hunger for a candidate like Mike Huckabee is real. The need to address the issues that have brought this wonderful diverse group together are pressing. They have not diminished in the span of time since the 2007-08 first muster of the Army.

The Army is moving.

The parts are being pulled back together.

It is so nice to see.

(I keep thinking of Ezekiel 37 - them bones, them bones, them dry bones)

The dry bones are rattling across the landscape assembling a great force for a great purpose. We will need every old soldier and a muster of new recruits.

Welcome back everyone.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 13 Chadballer, ColoradoMom4Huckabee, Craig88USC, gagoesforhuck, GrannyT, janelles, jcpender, maryrae, miracleshappen, navyqueen, Texan4Huckabee, TheValuesVoter, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:16 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
I'm going guess that he's not running.

Running for President is hard on the whole family. Right now, he's blessed with so many good things. And I suspect that he doesn't have the "fire in the belly."

But what makes the decision difficult is the sense of obligation, gratitude, and love he has for the people who want him to run.

whatever decision he makes, I'll be happy for him. Though it will leave the remaining options thin. Outside of Herman Cain, I can't get excited about anyone. And Cain is a long shot to win.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm 
Major

Liked: 9
He might announce his non-candidacy for several reasons. To give his fanbase an honest, face-to-face explanation; To get the media to stop hassling him about his potential run; To help put the spotlight on the other candidates (although I doubt he would endorse anyone yet). Remember that if he announces that he is not running, then his tv ratings would probably go down a bit, but if he is running, then he can no longer do the show at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:24 pm 
***** General

Why would he go to such lengths to announce that he's not running. He could either say nothing for a while or say something in a less dramatic fashion. But getting everyone's attention and doing the media sweep just to say that he's not going to do it? I could certainly be wrong, but, that doesn't make much sense to me.

I sort of compare that possibility to a situation in which a dude goes to a very public place with the lady he's been dating for a couple of years. He takes a microphone, asks everyone to be quiet for a minute, gets down on one knee ... and ...

Says "I don't want to marry you right now. Life is pretty awesome being single. I don't think I have it in me right now. Okay ... that's all I wanted to say ... thanks, everybody for giving me the floor. I'm so happy!"

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 5 Chadballer, chapelccino, Craig88USC, miracleshappen, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Quote:
Think about it. When was the last time anyone asked Haley Barbour about anything not related to flooding?

:floor :floor :floor

Thank you!

And yes, I have people in Mississippi and the flood is no joke, BUT Jerry Clower couldn't make them laugh more than that witty aside.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:26 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Let's play along with the premise that he's announcing that he's not running for President tomorrow night. How would that possibly benefit him in any way?

The result of that would be the following:
1) Tomorrow night, as people all over America tune in to hear the decision, the ratings for his show would be through the roof.

2) After tomorrow night, the ratings for his show, along with his media visibility and perceived importance, would likely crash through the basement. Once he so publicly declared that he was not running, no one would really be seeking him out for interviews for a while. Think about it. When was the last time anyone asked Haley Barbour about anything not related to flooding?

It would make sense for Huckabee to announce tomorrow night that he's running. It would also make sense for Huckabee to have earlier put out a press statement that he is not running. But it would make absolutely no sense to announce "The Decision," put all kinds of media hype in motion, do the interview circuit the night before, talk about it on the radio, etc, just to go on camera and say "Go home, folks. Nothing to see here!" Donald Trump would do that. But I can't see Governor Huckabee doing it.

I agree. Huckabee wouldn't set up big media events to announce he isn't running. He is a master of media and is playing the game perfectly. After watching Huck on Oreilly tonight, I got the feeling he's in it to win it.

Notice how Huck answered Oreilly's questions about how to take on Obama. Huck said "I" would go after him on the economy and the DOMA law. Huck didn't say "they" (meaning the other candidates) should go after Obama on those isssues.

I'm getting pretty pumped up!!!! Run Huck Run!

Post by Landon has received Likes: 2 Southern Doc, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:27 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 31
I honestly have no idea. If Mike has wanted to keep all of America in the dark about his decision until his show Saturday, he certainly has accomplished his goal. I'll have to wait and see I guess.

I doubt Mike has let many, if any, people outside his family know his decision. I don't buy the fact that he's not running based on the fact that the announcement is being held live on Fox News. I don't think that would be an issue.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for Huckabee on Saturday. It'll be a huge disappointment or the start of an epic drive to the White House. While I doubt any certainty in knowing whether or not Mike will run, I have no doubt that if he runs, he will be the nominee and will be the best man to battle against Barack Obama in 2012.

Please run Mike... :pray

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
What is odd is only Huckabee supporters think he's going to announce that he's running. In my mind it just doesn't make sense for him to media blitz just to announce that he's not running.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Maybe he's found a way to meet financial commitments.
Maybe he's sold his new house. Heaven knows he won't need it in 2013.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next