Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Well the idea that he has a "cushy" job, plus that running for president is really hard has permeated through the media for so long that this is the normal response of people who actually don't know what they are talking about. Obviously those statements are pure speculation and they have no idea what Huck is actually thinking.

But for people who can read in between the lines, he is obviously running!

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Post by bmk2307 has received Likes: 2 gagoesforhuck, Southern Doc
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 4
voter wrote:
But -- having said that -- would he really hype this up, stand before his live audience -- and dash their dreams?

This is exactly what I've been thinking, and it took me 12 pages of this thread to find someone else who thinks the same thing. It's highly unlikely that he's going to announce he's not running. He has nothing to gain by doing this on his own show in front of real people in the same room. If he announces that he's not running he loses both the chance to win and the chance to continue his ratings. There will be very loud gasps, and I can assure you they will be heard on your TV whether or not the audience mics are on.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I support Huckabee 100% but if he did all of this media hype just to announce he's not running I would be very disappointed in him and will question future support for him. If he wasn't going to run I would hope that he would just call a press conference and be done with it.

Post by Huckabeliever has received Likes: 2 gagoesforhuck, miracleshappen

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Value Voters is absolutely right.

It is corrolary to asking your girl friend to dinner on Valentine's Day...winking and saying I have an important message.

Then telling her...over candlelight...I'm just not that much into you.

If he was not running, he would not -- would not -- would not -- hype this up to such an extent. Huckabee is totally savy...he is well aware that message boards are lighting up, that his fanbase is perking up their ears and fanning their hopes. You do not encourage your base to "tune in" -- on five different shows -- simply so that you can dash their hopes.

I will repeat it again: If he were not running, he would call a press conference, announce his decision and then, after everyone knows his decision, he would use his show to explain his reasons to his fanbase. We are what -- and who -- he cares about.

He needs many others to win...but we are the folks he would never disappoint in such a garrish display of hype.

Post by voter has received Likes: 2 colinashley, Southern Doc

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
Maybe, he will only announce that he is ceasing the TV and radio shows for the purpose of pursuing a different employment opportunity. In other words, maybe he will announce that this will be the final episode, until further notice, without coming out and saying the exact words that he is running. That would keep Fox News Channel more safely out of the way of any ethics complaints and would cause even more media hype for his next interview, with Chris Wallace, the next morning. He could even mention that he will be on Wallace's show, in the morning, just before signing off. :D

Post by DFCSTech Liked by: gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 pm 
*** General

nrobyar wrote:
I saw Huckabee on O'Reilly and I think he is going to run....!!!!!! He did appear to be in "campaign mode" and it is so good to see that....Holding onto my yard signs from last time and hope to put them out tomorrow night at 9pm.....

I've had my sign out on my front lawn ever since 7:00pm, Election Day, November, 2010. :)

If anyone needs to buy some signs, I may be able to get some made locally and ship them out to you. PM me if you would like for me to do that. I would have to go get a quote from the local sign-maker, but I would have to know how many signs people wanted before I would know the price.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
Good grief, spend the afternoon at your son's baseball game out of state, come home, open your computer, and next thing you know - we're on a countdown to tomorrow night! :-)

I don't have any wisdom to share beyond what's been said here. I am impressed at how well he is keeping this a secret. It must be kind of fun for him in a way, assuming he is happy at his own decision....

I wonder if there will be anyone unusual in the audience - even whether or not his family will be there. That doesn't necessarily indicate either way, they could be there for support. I remember the first show, though, and people like Ed Rollins, Chris Saltsman, Jim Pinkerton, and all Mike's family were in the audience.

Post by chapelccino has received Likes: 3 DFCSTech, GrannyT, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Just a thought.
Maybe he's announcing a seven figure job at one of the other networks.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 pm 
***** General

Now that you have me on a roll....

Here is another point.

Who turns into his show every week: the media? Supporters of other potential candidates? Liberals?

His fans tune in.....Huckabeee supporters...not because they think he is running for President (although they have always hoped) but because they believe in his message and appreciate his honesty, ethics and sincerity.

So Huckabee decides he is not running...that means he is staying with his show. So, what does he do? He hypes up a decision, excites his fans (the viewers tuning in every week), and then dashes those hopes after a full-blown media hype. How many will tune in the week after...not because they are disappointed in his decision...but because they are disappointed in how he played their feelings.

He would...once again...announce his decision in a press conference...and then use his show thereafter to explain his reasons.

All signs point forward!

Post by voter has received Likes: 2 colinashley, gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
He's keeping the whole political establishment guessing .. and caring ... about what he's going to say 22 hours from now. Everyone has acknowledged that his decision will radically affect the political landscape for the President's opposition in 2012.

If Huckabee did not run, Obama's most serious competition might come from a guy, Romney, who can't criticize his health care policy (because he invented it), can't criticize his stance on abortion (because he once shared it), can't talk about his liberalism (because he once tried to out-liberal Ted Kennedy). On the other hand, if Huck does run, Obama faces competition from a man who defies every negative stereotype of what many people dislike about Republicans, a guy who is an experienced public speaker, who is liked by voters of both parties, who served three Gubernatorial terms, and is less than five years older.

Twenty two hours to find out whether or not his re-election bid will be extremely easy or very difficult. And there is no intel to speak of. The only people who know the answer are probably Huck, his wife and his kids. And the President thought that he was on pins and needles during the Bin Laden raid.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 Craig88USC, justgrace

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Why would he go to such lengths to announce that he's not running. He could either say nothing for a while or say something in a less dramatic fashion. But getting everyone's attention and doing the media sweep just to say that he's not going to do it? I could certainly be wrong, but, that doesn't make much sense to me.

I sort of compare that possibility to a situation in which a dude goes to a very public place with the lady he's been dating for a couple of years. He takes a microphone, asks everyone to be quiet for a minute, gets down on one knee ... and ...

Says "I don't want to marry you right now. Life is pretty awesome being single. I don't think I have it in me right now. Okay ... that's all I wanted to say ... thanks, everybody for giving me the floor. I'm so happy!"

He'd be lucky if she didn't go yandere and slaughtered him for it if that was the case.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
bmk2307 wrote:
Well the idea that he has a "cushy" job, plus that running for president is really hard has permeated through the media for so long that this is the normal response of people who actually don't know what they are talking about. Obviously those statements are pure speculation and they have no idea what Huck is actually thinking.

OK I'm going out there on this one:

As a professor for 17 years you get to see some trends. One of those is that sadly Education Majors no longer represent the upper-end of the student body but increasingly the bottom half (not all mind you). Likewise I have to say I have not been impressed with the academic caliber of many of the media and journalism students. They are very often extremely pleasant, personable, well spoken, and attractive. They just don't do well academically. Especially in what is often termed "critical thinking" skills.

While there are insightful, intelligent journalists and on air talent (Krauthammer, Hume, Megyn Kelly), too many seem picked primarily for their polish and manor and not their ability to do good analysis.

Earlier someone spoke of Wolf Blitzer stating he had a gut feeling Huck wouldn't run.

Well I have a gut feeling not to go with Wolf Blitzer as an expert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2ySV7AfgM

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
The ONLY thing that gives me pause in expecting an announcement for an exploratory run is the few quotes that I am seeing that imply something bad about GH using his show to make the announcement:
Quote:
“I cannot imagine it’s an, ‘I’m running for president’ announcement,”said former South Carolina governor David Beasley, a prominent Huckabee supporter in 2008. “I hope I’m wrong. But I don’t think so.”

Is there actually anything illegal or wrong about it? Could it be that GH decided to do it anyway & risk paying a fine or something?

Otherwise, I would say THIS IS IT!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:07 pm 
***** General

Value Voters, you are so on spot tonight -- although, of course, you always are.

Huckabee has this nailed down tight...no one has a clue (although the media simply assumes). No leaks...no word...no hints... nothing!

Do you nail it down this tightly simply to announce you are not running? Do you fan the fury, tantalize the speculators, drive the driven...just to announce you are not interested. What does he gain....other than one good week of ratings!

He is doing exactly what I always assumed he would do if he were running: spreading the word; locking down the media; discounting the naysayers and warning that they have no idea -- and Fox already is pumpin it: Mike is making his announcement tommorow on his show. This is exactly how I always envisioned it would go down.

If I am wrong, so be it....I will be disappointed so why not just go with my gut.

I see it all playing out....I have seen it, in my mind's eye for two years...and we are, as someone aptly stated, on a 24-hour countdown.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:08 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
Southern Doc wrote:
bmk2307 wrote:

OK I'm going out there on this one:

As a professor for 17 years you get to see some trends. One of those is that sadly Education Majors no longer represent the upper-end of the student body but increasingly the bottom half (not all mind you). Likewise I have to say I have not been impressed with the academic caliber of many of the media and journalism students. They are very often extremely pleasant, personable, well spoken, and attractive. They just don't do well academically. Especially in what is often termed "critical thinking" skills.

While there are insightful, intelligent journalists and on air talent (Krauthammer, Hume, Megyn Kelly), too many seem picked primarily for their polish and manor and not their ability to do good analysis.

Earlier someone spoke of Wolf Blitzer stating he had a gut feeling Huck wouldn't run.

Well I have a gut feeling not to go with Wolf Blitzer as an expert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2ySV7AfgM

Yeah, we have same problem at my university. The journalism students operate the school paper, and I can always count on them to be professional and non-biased with their reporting (snicker) and to not make stupid mistakes like mispelling my extracurricular club's president's name (snicker).

Apperently they can't seem to be able to do any reasonable critical thinking and analysis to their work.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
He just finished up an interview on Fox Biz with Eric Bolling and at the end he said he is gonna make a little news tomorrow night!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
The ONLY thing that gives me pause in expecting an announcement for an exploratory run is the few quotes that I am seeing that imply something bad about GH using his show to make the announcement:
Quote:
“I cannot imagine it’s an, ‘I’m running for president’ announcement,”said former South Carolina governor David Beasley, a prominent Huckabee supporter in 2008. “I hope I’m wrong. But I don’t think so.”

Is there actually anything illegal or wrong about it? Could it be that GH decided to do it anyway & risk paying a fine or something?

What's the harm in him announcing on his show? Especially if he waits until the end of the show, Ryan Seacrest-style. You can't fire a guy who just quit. And you can't fine a guy for being a candidate who has a TV show if he doesn't tell anyone that he is a candidate until the credits start rolling. He wasn't a candidate at the begining of the show and for the first 59 minutes of it. By the time he's formally a candidate, the show is over, so is his job with Fox, and all people can talk about for the next week is "what just happened?"

His friends probably genuinely have no idea. Which is why it looks like he's not running, which is why it will have an extra impact when he announces he is.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:

Someone on Fox just said that very thing, but then went into a Mitch Daniels lovefest so I guess tat kinda shows his hand, as they say.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
After watching him on a few shows today, I think he's running. He kept his cards close to the vest, but he was fine with talking like a candidate with o'Reily and saying what he'd do if he ran. Neil Covuto got the impression Huck was running too and he knows him pretty well. My gut says he's running. I hope I'm right.

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post by bobrocky has received Likes: 4 DFCSTech, janelles, justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:19 pm 
*** General

They were just interviewing Ron Paul, and then, Christian Heinz of The Hill, on FNC. Who even knew that Paul announced that he is running today - Huckabee is sucking all of the oxygen out of his room. Heinz said that Paul cannot win the nomination of his party. He then went on to say that he did not believe that Huckabee would run. One of the reasons that he gave was that Huck's Intrade stock was crashing. Man, I wish I had in Intrade account right about now. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next