Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:20 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
voter wrote:
I see it all playing out....I have seen it, in my mind's eye for two years...and we are, as someone aptly stated, on a 24-hour countdown.

Previously, on 24...
Mike: I'm going to announce my decision tomorrow night.
Jack: are you sure it's safe? Osama just got taken out, so there is a possibility you'll be taken out in a retaliatory attempt.
Mike: You and Chuck have my back. I'm not worried.

The following takes place on the day of Mike Huckabee's Presidential announcement. Events occur in real time

For any and all 24 fans out there.. :lol:

Post by Chadballer Liked by: Southern Doc
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:21 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
To be blunt, It is probably an announcement of an exploratory committee, and he can get away with that without the FCC breathing down his neck. Besides, as many people (including myself) have put, Huckabee is not a guy prone to delivering cheapshots to his supporters.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Tomorrow night at the offices of Fox News

Fox Boss: Uh. Hello, Mike. Uh. Yeah. Um. You didn't put the cover page on your FEC report. Did you know that you were supposed to put a cover page on your FEC report? You see, I sent a memo that you were supposed to put a cover page on your FEC ...

Huck: I quit!

Attachment:
Lumburgh.jpg
Lumburgh.jpg [ 3.61 KiB | Viewed 2436 times ]

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Intrade....right.

And tomorrow night it will crash through the roof. Just like on Super Tuesday 2008. As Huckabee started rolling it in, intrade grew wings.

For the record, how do we know that Huckabee has not done an exploratory committee. All we know, for a fact, is that he has not announced it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Tomorrow night: "Uh, Mr. Ailes. I didn't tell you this yet, but, I'm going to run for President. Right now. I quit."

Roger Ailes should come in with Trump hair on and as soon as Huck says "Running!!!" he says "You're fired!!!"

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Stephen Hall wrote:
To be blunt, It is probably an announcement of an exploratory committee, and he can get away with that without the FCC breathing down his neck. Besides, as many people (including myself) have put, Huckabee is not a guy prone to delivering cheapshots to his supporters.

So he can announce the formation of an exploratory committee without catching flack, but not an actual intention? I guess that would make sense -
"Out of consideration for Fox & not putting them in a difficult position, I have decided to step down from my show while exploring a run for POTUS in 2012..."
That sound about right?

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 4 Craig88USC, jcpender, Southern Doc, Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:31 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
Christian Heinze just said he doesn't believe Huck's running because: His Intrade Value is crashing! His Intrade Value is crashing!

My goodness! Has the media ever gone to such great lengths to come up with reasons why a candidate is NOT running? What's Mitch Daniels mortgage? Did Palin have a good gig lined up that she'd be sacrificing? Did Gingrich have "fire in his belly"? Did Romney have a family who didn't want it?

Were these idiotic questions asked of every other candidate day after day, story after story? Intrade, really?

Just come out and say "we don't really want this guy to run, so here are all the reasons we've made up to convince you that he won't. And we'll repeat them over and over again for 2 1/2 years until you all believe them."

Post by myxter3 has received Likes: 6 All-in-for-Mike, christopher.wilkerson, Craig88USC, cschande, gagoesforhuck, Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 pm 
***** General

If he is running, the announcement must come tomorrow. He will never have a feverish pitch such as he will on Saturday night. Any subsequent decision would be anticlimatic.

I do not think there is any FEC violation if he is subsequently stepping down. And the way Fox is pumping it up, they do not seem overly concernned.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:37 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Stephen Hall wrote:

So he can announce the formation of an exploratory committee without catching flack, but not an actual intention? I guess that would make sense -
"Out of consideration for Fox & not putting them in a difficult position, I have decided to step down from my show while exploring a run for POTUS in 2012..."
That sound about right?

That would do it. Besides, the hype and build uo would point to the formation of an exploratory committee anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
It would be funny if he announced forming an exploratory committee. Then, 2 minutes after the show is over there's breaking news that his exploratory committee's findings were positive, so he's officially running.

Post by WinningGuy Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
The more I think about it, I don't see Romney's shooting himself in the foot as a direct factor in this earlier than expected announcement.

I'm thinking that Romney's speech increased the pressure on Daniels to get in & GH's announcing his intentions to run now could be in hopes of making it less likely for Daniels to do so. What do y'all think?

P.S. I am excited to see so many HA members here again! Welcome back, all! Can't wait to see this board Saturday night! :mrgreen:

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 8 All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, janelles, jcpender, maryrae, Southern Doc, Texan4Huckabee, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
myxter3 wrote:
Christian Heinze just said he doesn't believe Huck's running because: His Intrade Value is crashing! His Intrade Value is crashing!

My goodness! Has the media ever gone to such great lengths to come up with reasons why a candidate is NOT running? What's Mitch Daniels mortgage? Did Palin have a good gig lined up that she'd be sacrificing? Did Gingrich have "fire in his belly"? Did Romney have a family who didn't want it?

Were these idiotic questions asked of every other candidate day after day, story after story? Intrade, really?

Just come out and say "we don't really want this guy to run, so here are all the reasons we've made up to convince you that he won't. And we'll repeat them over and over again for 2 1/2 years until you all believe them."

More like "until we ourselves believe them." And it'll still continue to a lesser extent after the exploratory committee is formed, if indeed he doesn't announce a full on campaign, but it'll be to a lesser extent and they'll begin to shift to "Oh Huckabee, yeah he's ok, but this is the guy (Daniels) that we want you to vote for. Because Huckabee still can't win, much as we like the guy."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Wow, I cannot believe that I just read through all 16 pages of this thread! :o Now I can't wait for tomorrow night's show! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Quote:
My prediction for how the show will end: These guys will come out to play their Huckabee “Let It Be” rewrite, then Huck will casually unbutton his dress shirt to reveal a “HUCKABEE 2012″ tee underneath. Pandemonium.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/13/mike-huckabee-only-mike-huckabee-knows-whats-going-to-happen-tomorrow-night/

:D

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 pm 
Private

Liked: 8
I love the song and shirt idea. I think it would work.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:59 pm 
***** General

All right...let me get this straight...I want to have the media's thinking points in full clarity:

Here we have Huckabee...at the top of every poll, in the primary and general election...an engaging and witty conversationist; the ability to debate you in circles in a charming and wholesome manner; holding the most positive net likeability (a key factor, as we all know); a conservative to many (for primary purposes), yet appealing across the board in a general election; a solid political career behind him; the savyness and expertise developed in his media exposure -- a humble background, with the ability to explain simplistically the most complex of issues...

And on the other side, the media predicts that Huckabee will not run: because he has a cushy job; Fox would never let him announce on his TV show (although Fox is pimping and pumping this 24 hours beforehand); absolutely no one that we know of has any knowledge of this; Huckabee is not exploring his political options (that we know of), no exploratory committee (that we know of); he is a REGIONAL candidate (although the region has now been extended to over half the country; -- and, lastly, to be absolutely, undeniably on-spot with our analysis -- intrade is crashing.

Got it!

Post by voter has received Likes: 2 Chadballer, DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:03 pm 
Private

Liked: 11
Yesterday Huck wrote on his Facebook, "The President went to El Paso to sell the country on his ideas for immigration reform. I have news for him; he won't accomplish anything by mocking those who don't agree with him". He wrote a similar statement on Twitter. He addresses it more in his blog:
http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blog ... og_id=3468

That was yesterday, the day before the announcment of his announcement.....Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here, but it sounds like he's ready to debate.....

I'm hoping he runs!!!!! I declared republican last time just so I could vote for him in the primary. I want just once to be able to vote for a president instead of voting against the other candidate.

Post by jrebe Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
Having sent http://www.SaveForMike.com email reminders each week for over 3 years I will personally lynch Gov Huckabee if he doesn't run!!!! :D

Fortunately, like many others on Huck's Army, I remain absolutely convinced that Gov Huckabee wouldn't be able to resist a 2012 run if he could see a path to victory. I have to take my hat off to him...his strategy following the 2008 campaign to set himself up for 2012 (TV show, radio show, books, speaking engagements etc) has shown him to be incredibly smart.

Post by colinashley Liked by: DFCSTech

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Went to Bible Study tonight. Left on p. 10, came home on p. 16. So nice to see old friends on here tonight. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun!!

I think I'll stay up and do my Saturday house cleaning tonight. Who can sleep?

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 6 Chadballer, DFCSTech, gagoesforhuck, janelles, Southern Doc, Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Quote:
Maybe, he will only announce that he is ceasing the TV and radio shows for the purpose of pursuing a different employment opportunity. In other words, maybe he will announce that this will be the final episode, until further notice, without coming out and saying the exact words that he is running.

This is my sense. I don't think Huck is going to announce that he is running but that he is leaving his program and not renewing his FoxNews contract. He will say that running for President is a big decision and that this decision needs all his focus and attention.

That is my gut sense of what will happen based on no inside info.

Post by PrinciplesMatter has received Likes: 2 DFCSTech, jcpender

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next