Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:00 am 
*** General

Liked: 43
PrinciplesMatter wrote:
Quote:
Maybe, he will only announce that he is ceasing the TV and radio shows for the purpose of pursuing a different employment opportunity. In other words, maybe he will announce that this will be the final episode, until further notice, without coming out and saying the exact words that he is running.

This is my sense. I don't think Huck is going to announce that he is running but that he is leaving his program and not renewing his FoxNews contract. He will say that running for President is a big decision and that this decision needs all his focus and attention.

That is my gut sense of what will happen based on no inside info.

As much as it might drive us (his supporters) crazy, a period of time, in which, he does not have the show, but also does not actually announce, sucks all of the oxygen out of the room. No other candidate would get as much media attention (earned media) as Gov. H. would; he understands how they work, he understands their desire to make a profit, and he understands that every one of them would like to be the one that draws the announcement out of him. Either way, I think he will run.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:01 am 

Liked: 57
Run Huck Run!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:17 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
A bit of humor for the evening:

Mike Huckabee withdrawal helps Sarah Pailin get back in the race for president

:D

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:20 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
Has he said himself that the announcement will be about his candidacy? Or did he say anything about it maybe not being about it? Every news article I've read says it will be an announcement about whether or not he will run, and usually Huckabee disputes false articles.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:22 am 
Major

Liked: 34
From what I know, it's being billed as "a big announcement", not "an announcement that I'm exploring the possibility of running for President of the United States".

Well, that's what Huckabee is saying. Everyone assumes it's about his candidacy.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Wow! So much has happened since I left my hotel room this morning! I'm so thankful for our HANN to catch up on the news of today! I feel so much more optimistic after reading everyone's posts! I watched the short clip of Mike on Cavuto, and I thought he looked like a man holding back a WONDERFUL secret, not a disappointing one!

On a side note, I was so happy to personally see the fruit of what Mike has been building the past couple of years. In 2007 & 2008 I worked soooo hard to get my parents to vote for Mike. They were believing all of the Rush/Hannity,Fox News negativity about Mike, and all the glowing endorsements of Romney. I've spent the past three years, steering them toward Mike, and showing them all the info about Romney I had collected. Tonight, my mom said, "I hope Mike runs! We NEED him to run!" THAT made my night! :D :D :D

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 9 All-in-for-Mike, bmk2307, bobrocky, gagoesforhuck, GrannyT, maryjthom, sandra, Steadfast, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:30 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
NJ Huck Supporter wrote:
Has he said himself that the announcement will be about his candidacy? Or did he say anything about it maybe not being about it? Every news article I've read says it will be an announcement about whether or not he will run, and usually Huckabee disputes false articles.

I think he made it pretty clear in his interview with Cavuto this evening that tomorrow's announcement is indeed regarding his potential candidacy.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:31 am 
Colonel

Liked: 5
What we have seen over the past few months, and particularly today, is a masterful piece of political performance. By keeping everyone guessing about whether or not he is running -- signalling via Ed Rollins that he won't run, yet hyping his mysterious announcement tomorrow -- Governor Huckabee has crafted a political puzzle so tantalizing that it has created maximum media attention.

For proof, just take a look at Drudge? Top headline, complete with picture. HUCKARIDDLE: Will he or won't he?

Genius. Huck 2012!

P.S. Hi everyone! Good to be back.

- Governor Mike Huckabee

Post by Mrs. P has received Likes: 5 GrannyT, maryjthom, maryrae, QuoVadisAnima, sandra

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:33 am 
Major

Liked: 34
Someone call 911, Matt Drudge has to be sick.

Post by Chadballer has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:51 am 
***** General

Mrs. P wrote:
What we have seen over the past few months, and particularly today, is a masterful piece of political performance. By keeping everyone guessing about whether or not he is running -- signalling via Ed Rollins that he won't run, yet hyping his mysterious announcement tomorrow -- Governor Huckabee has crafted a political puzzle so tantalizing that it has created maximum media attention.

For proof, just take a look at Drudge? Top headline, complete with picture. HUCKARIDDLE: Will he or won't he?

Genius. Huck 2012!

Good to have you back! And so good to see so many of you back again! We've missed you! If Mike runs, this place is going to be hopping! :D

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:55 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
Mrs. P wrote:

Genius. Huck 2012!

Good to have you back! And so good to see so many of you back again! We've missed you! WHEN Mike runs, this place is going to be hopping! :D

You had a typo I corrected. :D

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:59 am 
***** General

Southern Doc wrote:
Mrs. P wrote:

Genius. Huck 2012!

Good to have you back! And so good to see so many of you back again! We've missed you! WHEN Mike runs, this place is going to be hopping! :D

You had a typo I corrected. :D

Hahahahaha! Nice! :like

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:12 am 
** General

Liked: 107
Thank you everyone for an awesome day! You guys kept me sane when I just wanted to freak out in nervous anticipation for tomorrow night. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Well, I can't possibly read all 17 pages on this thread right now, but what an edge of your seat thing we have until we hear Huck's big announcement tomorrow on his show. I think it'll be either that he's running or that he's taking over Beck's slot on Fox and not running. Really narrowing it down I am. :lol:

With Romney imploding, the nomination seems like Huck's if he really wants it. But that's the big question.........

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:29 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
The funny thing is right before this occurred I remember having just checked here and still thinking "you know what, I feel like someone posted something new, even though I just checked 5 seconds ago". So I click view active topics for the 100th time in the morning and (Hucka)BOOM I see this thread!

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

Post by NJ Huck Supporter Liked by: ColoradoMom4Huckabee

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:31 am 
Major General

Liked: 24
Wow! It seems like old times around here. Almost feels like election night. :like

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post by bobrocky has received Likes: 3 All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:37 am 
***** General

bobrocky wrote:
Wow! It seems like old times around here. Almost feels like election night. :like

I was thinking the same thing! :D

...or a "Jack Sommers spies on Mike Huckabee in his front yard" night!
:wink: :lol:

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 6 All-in-for-Mike, GrannyT, janelles, maryrae, QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:37 am 

Liked: 152
I just checked http://www.explorehuckabee.com/ to see if there's anything new. The "recent news" was Oct. '09. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:06 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I can't say that I can tell for sure what this will be, but having viewed his interview with Cavuto and O'Riley he certainly looks like a candidate in those interviews. Of course he may not be, but he looks like he's ready to go and get after it.

The best way I could describe it is that he had the look of an athlete that was just about to get on the field for the big game. If you watched his posture you could see that he was slightly leaning forward in each interview but especially with Cavuto.

Post by WalterCan has received Likes: 4 All-in-for-Mike, janelles, maryjthom, sandra

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 21
bobrocky wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! :D

...or a "Jack Sommers spies on Mike Huckabee in his front yard" night!
:wink: :lol:

Haha...hey! But seriously...it's my sense that he is announcing a full blown exploratory committee Saturday night. Now is the perfect time!

...next stop, South Carolina.

Post by Jack_Somers81 Liked by: sandra

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next