Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 am 

Liked: 152
http://www.foxnews.mobi/#r_http%3A//www ... geNum%3D-1

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
That is how he will try to get re-elected:

"Solve" a problem he created.

I hope America is smarter than this.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
GrannyT wrote:
http://www.foxnews.mobi/#r_http%3A//www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html%3Fpage%3D22995%26content%3D51865687%26pageNum%3D-1

...a political move that Obama is sure to support, at least with lip service. My husband predicted this will happen in time for him to win the re-election, but that it will again be a ruse.

Create a problem; blame it on others; offer to solve it in time for the election; then renege on promises. Am I being too cynical?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Quote:
His announcement followed passage in the Republican-controlled House of three bills -- including two this week -- that would expand and speed up offshore oil and gas drilling. Republicans say the bills are aimed at easing gasoline costs, but they also acknowledge that won't be immediate.

The White House had announced its opposition to all three bills, which are unlikely to pass the Democratic-controlled Senate, saying the measures would undercut safety reviews and open environmentally sensitive areas to new drilling.

He is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, fairly confident that the Senate will not pass more oil and gas drilling.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:47 am 

Liked: 152
I'm pretty sure that there was a recent poll that said the majority of Americans favor drilling. Obama is a poll follower.

I'm hoping we'll have a leader announcing he's in tonight. We need someone that doesn't have to wait for poll results to tell him what to think!

Post by GrannyT Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:22 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
justgrace wrote:
...a political move that Obama is sure to support, at least with lip service. My husband predicted this will happen in time for him to win the re-election, but that it will again be a ruse.

Create a problem; blame it on others; offer to solve it in time for the election; then renege on promises. Am I being too cynical?

My husband says the same thing and he's sure that the American people are too stupid to see through it and will re-elect Obama. He's such a pessimist when it comes to politics. I think he spends too much time around liberal hippie types since the majority of the people in his field (he's a licensed massage therapist) tend to be that way. The only conservatives he's around day in and day out are the very wealthy people that are his clients and since a bunch of them think he's black (he's Hispanic) he's not real impressed with their intelligence either. I think he needs to spend some time here with the army so he can see how many smart people there are in our country.

Post by juditupp has received Likes: 2 justgrace, QuoVadisAnima