Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:15 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
Just read a Wall Street Journal article that echoes the line that Mike will be announcing that he isn't running. Scanning through the comments, there were very few that predicted a "yes" answer to the Big Question.

I posted the following comment:

Quote:
Those of us who have been following Huckabee closely for the past two years are amazed at how little insight the general public has into this man’s character. They seem to think that he must think like they do. They would never give up a high-paying job, so they think he wouldn’t. They would never put themselves through the gauntlet of a presidential campaign, so they think he won’t.

Those who understand his character are certain that he will be announcing that he is a candidate. Like most of his fellow Christians, he believes that he is here in this world to serve the Lord and his fellow human beings in whatever capacity the Lord lays before him. He sees his current situation as an opportunity to do good things for his fellow Americans, and he willingly accepts whatever sacrifice that requires of him.

He has been working toward this goal for two years. His tv show was a means to an end. He enjoyed doing it, but it was not his ultimate goal.

It will be amusing to see how many people will be shocked and surprised by his announcement tonight.

Post by mikethom1 Liked by: QuoVadisAnima
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:18 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
Intrade has Huckabee at 41% for announcing. Wow that's a leap from where it was just this a.m. Not that it really means anything, but it's climbing.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:33 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 2
:fw BBBBBBBooommmmmm!!! It's taken at least five hours to read all this!! I have a suggestion. When Mike runs we need to make a "Mike Huckabee 2012 Canidacy" page on Facebook. I can't and don't even know how to do that, so I'll need some help with it.

We'd love to hear what you have to say, guests!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
If that Time email is correct, Huck is running!!! :)

Okay, where do I get my Huck 2012 bumper sticker from? :D

Post by goalieman Liked by: mikwcas

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:14 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
Here's a article concerning the legal aspects of announcing on Fox.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ouncement/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
jcpender wrote:
Here's a article concerning the legal aspects of announcing on Fox.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ouncement/

I like this line from the article

Quote:
The Huckabee political-entertainment game plan has politics followers mystified.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: All-in-for-Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:34 pm 
Sergeant

Can somebody post a link to Huck's appearence's?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm 

Liked: 57
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/05/1 ... ontrunner/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:44 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
Nice to see that Erick Erickson has come around, although I place more trust in my cat then I do him.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:49 pm 
Sergeant

Stephen Hall wrote:
Nice to see that Erick Erickson has come around, although I place more trust in my cat then I do him.

And I don't have a whole lot of trust in my cat...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Change your FB profile pic to this now, please!

Attachments:
run.jpg
run.jpg [ 13.39 KiB | Viewed 1968 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Finally got a minute to read over the WTimes article - what a snarky writer - and just left this comment:
Quote:
How is Huckabee announcing that he is stepping down from his show to launch an exploratory committee an "infomercial for his candidacy"? Your argument only works if he is actually promoting his candidacy or his platform during those 5 minutes.

All he will be doing - if my belief is correct - is announcing that he has decided in the affirmative to continue past the mental considerations & begin exploring the material considerations involved and will be stepping away from Fox to do so to avoid causing them any problems - just as Santorum & Gingrich were obliged to do once they publicly announced exploratory committees.

At least now I better understand what some of his supporters have been worried about. But if this writer's article is correct, one could argue that GH's ENTIRE show was a promotion of his candidacy and his platform - heh! Imagine that! 8)

(Pray for him that he chooses his words wisely tonite & is able to avoid any legal snares!)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
This has already been addressed but it merits repeating for any who may still be nervous:

The following quote from Hucks' e-mail to supporters means he is declaring some sort of step toward running:

Quote:
I will be free to discuss things that I can't now due to promises to them and to some possible legal considerations of the announcement.

There are NO legal considerations in announcing that he is NOT running.

There are legal considerations in announcing that he IS running.

:D :D :D

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm 
Sergeant

Great article about this contrversy.
Quote:

Will Mike Huckabee run for President in 2012?

Republican primary polls suggest he has a good shot; he routinely tops them without doing anything – in contrast to Mitt Romney and especially Donald Trump, who have already begun to campaign.

Furthermore, the likeable former Baptist preacher has a lock on the evangelical Christians, whose support is crucial to the success of any candidate in the Republican primaries.

Perhaps more importantly, Huckabee should run because the field just looks so ‘weak’ in terms of the candidates' personal characteristics.

A Gallup poll conducted in 2007 showed that 84 percent of people are comfortable voting for a black person, 77 percent for a woman, 60 for a Mormon, 55 percent for a thrice-married person, and 42 percent for a person older than 72-years-old.

In reality, these discriminations may actually be more severe due to the ‘Bradley effect.’

The Republican 2012 field are full of these ‘discriminated’ people.

Herman Cain is black, Newt Gingrich is twice divorced, Donald Trump is twice divorced, Ron Paul is 75 years old, Mitt Romney is Mormon, Jon Huntsman is a Mormon, Sarah Palin is a woman, and Michele Bachmann is a woman.

Of course, as Barack Obama (and John F. Kennedy before him) proved, a strong and inspirational candidate can overcome these prejudices.

The problem, however, is that the 2012 Republican candidates are either bland (like Mitt Romney) or shunned by the mainstream Republican Party (like Ron Paul).

In this light, and the fact that Jeb Bush will almost certainly not run, Huckabee looks very strong.

Huckabee supporters will not have to wait very long to find about his decision to run or not. Taking a page out of Donald Trump, Huckabee will be announcing his decision on his Fox show Huckabee on Saturday night.

Thoghtful and true.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:23 pm 
Sergeant

One thing is for sure, a lot of people are going to eat crow by tonight's end.

Post by Stephen Hall Liked by: gagoesforhuck

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:25 pm 

Liked: 152
Steadfast wrote:
Change your FB profile pic to this now, please!

Done

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
Has anyone explored the possibility of Mike running for the U.S. Senate to unseat Bill Nelson in Florida?

Maybe it's just me; but everyone has been speculating for some time that Mike was in the mix for running for President so if he announces this tonight, I'm not sure how much of a shock or surprise this would be for anyone. There seems to be a lot of hype about the show tonight for something that has been known was a possibility for some time ago.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:29 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
Haven't been posting much in the last few months because of college, but I have been reading the board as much as I can.

I was in the cafeteria at my school, and there was a news announcement about Huckabee giving some "special" announcement tonight. Got on here and have been keeping tabs on this topic ever since.

I'm totally excited about that fact that Gov. Mike is in all likelihood going to announce a run!!

Tonight I have a required service at my college and so I'm going to be on pins and needles, hoping that we get out in time for me to find out asap what Gov. Mike is announcing.

Go Huck!!

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:35 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 17
tdavisjr wrote:
Has anyone explored the possibility of Mike running for the U.S. Senate to unseat Bill Nelson in Florida?

Maybe it's just me; but everyone has been speculating for some time that Mike was in the mix for running for President so if he announces this tonight, I'm not sure how much of a shock or surprise this would be for anyone. There seems to be a lot of hype about the show tonight for something that has been known was a possibility for some time ago.

highly unlikely since he just endorsed the guy running against Bill Nelson in the florida primary. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=25249

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
sherri79 wrote:
tdavisjr wrote:

highly unlikely since he just endorsed the guy running against Bill Nelson in the florida primary. See this thread: http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopi ... 76&t=25249

Ok. Let the speculation continue. A few more hours and it will be done. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next