Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
WalterCan wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Dave in SC wrote:
[
Amen. You are right. As disappointed as we all are, its time to keep looking up and to move on.

Yes, but move on to who?

Short Answer: Jesus :)

Yeah, but He's not running for POTUS this year either. :wink:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:13 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
WinningGuy wrote:
My only issue... what the heck was that with Trump?

I don't know but it wasn't funny AT ALL!!!! Whoever okayed that obviously wasn't thinking about Huckabee's supporters that were going to be upset tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:13 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 4
I hate to speculate, but I need to tonight so I can get some sleep. This is a huge shock to the soul.

1) Maybe God's plan for him now is to say 'no' to see what type of response that creates for a decision later?

2) Maybe's he's been blackmailed for whatever reason. This announcement just doesn't make sense, and the timing is two months too early as well.

3) Maybe he's given in to the 'love of money' principle (I highly doubt it).

Post by aricle has received Likes: 2 gagoesforhuck, Medic 4 Huck

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
lrobb wrote:
Huckabee correctly estimated Obama had the better chance of winning re-election based on all the polls and historical precedent. Have you ever known Mike Huckabee to waste money?

The silver lining to the cloud is that Huckabee will now become the kingmaker which in most circumstances is far better than king. Does anyone remember which French King Cardinal Richlieu served?

Prediction: Sarah Palin will also not run, and for the same reasons. Should she be dim enough to try it, she would lose by large numbers.

The next big push is to determine who Huckabee and Palin will be endorsing.

Good to see you on, Lynn. I've missed your thoughtful input.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 4 bmk2307, GrannyT, justgrace, maryrae

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:14 pm 
***** General

lrobb wrote:
Huckabee correctly estimated Obama had the better chance of winning re-election based on all the polls and historical precedent. Have you ever known Mike Huckabee to waste money?

The silver lining to the cloud is that Huckabee will now become the kingmaker which in most circumstances is far better than king. Does anyone remember which French King Cardinal Richlieu served?

Prediction: Sarah Palin will also not run, and for the same reasons. Should she be dim enough to try it, she would lose by large numbers.

Disagree. Huck said that every material thing pointed to an affirmative; his decision was spiritual.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
It will be some time before I can seriously consider who else to support. I know that it will certainly not be Newt, Romney, or Huntsman.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

Post by Dave in SC has received Likes: 2 justgrace, miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
Unbelievable....

What a waste of an hour watching the show to only end up hearing formally that he wasn't going to run for president. And Trump hosting that Fox News Alert right after reiterating Huck's decision was really unnecessary. Almost like a double punch to all the supporters.

With no clear strong Republican candidate so far, we might be seeing another 4 years of Obama. God help us!

Sigh...i'm mad and sad right now...
:down :balling

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 pm 
***** General

WalterCan wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Dave in SC wrote:
Amen. You are right. As disappointed as we all are, its time to keep looking up and to move on.

Yes, but move on to who?

Longer political answer: Not quite that easy to answer. Each of us will probably come to different conclusions for different reasons.

Yeah, I know I will eventually have to settle on somebody. I will do whatever I can to try to prevent Obama from getting a 2nd term. It's just difficult to give up on filet mignon and settle for Spam.

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 4 GrannyT, IowaforHuckabee, justgrace, miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 pm 
Major

Liked: 9
Unless anyone else really good comes to the forefront, I will probably support Gingrich. He seems to be carrying a really great message, and I would love to see him destroy Obama in a debate. I hope if you all really believe in redemption, you will consider him despite his past personal failings. I would hate to see Romney or Trump get traction from Huck's exit. Just my opinion, you are all free to disagree!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
Speechless. Shocked. I have been preparing for a month or so, KNOWING that Gov. Huckabee was running. Guess that shows how much I know. I don't know what to do now. I was literally going to spend the rest of the night working on http://facebook.com/HuckNation , running ads, creating tshirts, bumper stickers, etc. I'm not sure I've ever felt like this.

Post by Jack_Somers81 Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
I guess it's Herman Cain for me now. I hope he get's Huck's endorsement.

Post by WinningGuy Liked by: dbonhoeffer

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I also have no idea who I would consider supporting. I'm not angry though about this decision. Things will work out in the end.

Hey, there's always the VP slot :?

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 pm 
Colonel

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Disagree. Huck said that every material thing pointed to an affirmative; his decision was spiritual.

I'd be curious to know a bit more about what his spiritual side revealed to him.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 pm 
Private

Liked: 11
So this is how Obama wins again. I didnt think it was possible until tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
lrobb wrote:

:like

I heard a wise person say that if God had called you to be a ditch digger, you would have to take a step down to be President of the USA.

What has changed really? Everything can continue just as it has been.
Is the only reason HA exists is to help Huck if he runs? I think it has become far more than that.

I for one, think we and Huck have much, much more to accomplish.

I think we may not have even imagined who the Republican nominee will be.

But, on the other hand, how big a party are they having at the Romney house??

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post by HuckyinKentucky has received Likes: 2 maryrae, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:22 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I have always been direct and blunt going back to the 2008 primary so I'll share a few thoughts along those lines tonight.

Out of all those who appeared to be running for the Republican nomination I feel Huckabee is the best and would make the best President.

However I have been uncomfortable with a few weaknesses that I was concerned about once on the job and facing certain pressures.

I cannot say with certainty that I would feel he would be the best candidate in 2016 or 2020. I see potential candidates like Marco Rubio and John Kasich as being very strong with most all of the same positives as Huckabee and not necessarily the weaknesses.

Please don't get me wrong. I enthusiastically supported Huckabee in 2008 (and donated money and time), and I was prepared to do it again. I just think we need to understand that ultimately all of this is in God's hands, and he knows what is best. As hard as it is to come to grips with, it is clear to me that it is not God's best that Mike Huckabee become President in 2012. We don't know what the future holds, but I accept the hand of God in this.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:22 pm 
Colonel

WinningGuy wrote:
I guess it's Herman Cain for me now. I hope he get's Huck's endorsement.

Herman Cain???? You've got to be joking right. If he ends up as the Republican nominee, I will tell you now I will vote for Obama.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
HuckyinKentucky wrote:

I heard a wise person say that if God had called you to be a ditch digger, you would have to take a step down to be President of the USA.

What has changed really? Everything can continue just as it has been.
Is the only reason HA exists is to help Huck if he runs? I think it has become far more than that.

I for one, think we and Huck have much, much more to accomplish.

I think we may not have even imagined who the Republican nominee will be.

But, on the other hand, how big a party are they having at the Romney house??

Not just there.. the comments over at Hotair are pretty sickening. Just nasty people, really.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I respect Mike Huckabee tonight for the same reasons I've supported and respected him all along - he has a base, he has a point of reference. It's his walk with God, his relationship with Jesus Christ. Everything he does has to jive with that: his worldview, his goals, his activities, everything. Agree or disagree, that's who he is, that's what he seeks.

And that matters to him more than anything else. Anything else...

Mike Huckabee taught me a huge lesson tonight. I am stunned, I am devastated, I am phenomenally disappointed. And I am impressed.

He stayed true to his course, he followed the path he believes God has for him. As a supporter of this man, I support his decision. It stinks, it's not at all what I wanted...

but I support him, so I support his decision. And I pray I seek the same mind of Christ in all my decisions.

Post by chapelccino has received Likes: 10 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, FirstCoastTerp, gagoesforhuck, HuckyinKentucky, IowaforHuckabee, maryrae, miracleshappen, NJ Huck Supporter, ohiorepublican09, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
In shock. Don't know what to do. I won't vote for Romney. I liked Herman Cain the most at the debate. Time to wait i guess

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post by bobrocky has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, miracleshappen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next