Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
If someone chose Huck for VP, he would be positioned for 2016, but not have to be solely responsible for the fundraising.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
HuckyinKentucky wrote:

I heard a wise person say that if God had called you to be a ditch digger, you would have to take a step down to be President of the USA.

What has changed really? Everything can continue just as it has been.
Is the only reason HA exists is to help Huck if he runs? I think it has become far more than that.

I for one, think we and Huck have much, much more to accomplish.

I think we may not have even imagined who the Republican nominee will be.

But, on the other hand, how big a party are they having at the Romney house??

Not just there.. the comments over at Hotair are pretty sickening. Just nasty people, really.

I won't be going back there for a quite a while. I'm guessing I'm getting mocked in the comments right about now. Oh, well.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 4
Two last things from me (I think):

1) When he said '...affect the future of the show...' going into the break before the announcement, I became very nervous because that essentially means the show has a future. I'm not sure if anyone else caught that.

2) (If you follow Jesus Christ) DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP OF 'CHOOSING THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS'. Nowhere in God's word does that phony idea exist. We are to do one thing and one thing only, STAND FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS. That means (again, if you believe in Jesus Christ and God's Word) you do not settle on some candidate because you think you have to. This is very important. We will all be held accountable. Just because candidate X supports abortion less than candidate Y, it still means both candidates are pro-murder. The bottom line: If there is no candidate in the primary that stands for righteousness, I may have to write in someone - someone like Mike Huckabee. The same goes for other offices as well.

Post by aricle Liked by: NJ Huck Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
Im so sorry for all of you., and for myself. You are all good decent people, our only mistake was picking an exceptional man to be our candidate. Not many people could walk away from that office. Dont think Ive ever seen it before, and we will probably never see it again in our lifetime.

I really am quite worried about the future of this country. I dont know if anyone else can beat Obama. I wonder if Mike Huckabee considered that. He may of been our only hope as a Nation.

I will not lose hope though.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
At some point, I'll listen respectfully to everyone here on why they support various other candidates. I know there are a lot of very smart, well-informed folks here at HA, and I love you all.

But not tonight.... it would feel like going on Match.com the day after my husband died.

SOOO disappointed. :balling

...and then the stupid Trump thing was like, "Why don'tcha give me a nice papercut and pour lemon juice into it??!?"
:dislike

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Looks like I'll be devoting my energies to House and Senate races in 2012. The GOP field, as it currently stands, is the worst I have ever seen. Just hope someone like, I dunno, Duncan Hunter's kid jumps into the race.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
cschande wrote:
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
HuckyinKentucky wrote:

I heard a wise person say that if God had called you to be a ditch digger, you would have to take a step down to be President of the USA.

Is the only reason HA exists is to help Huck if he runs? I think it has become far more than that.

I think we may not have even imagined who the Republican nominee will be.

But, on the other hand, how big a party are they having at the Romney house??

Not just there.. the comments over at Hotair are pretty sickening. Just nasty people, really.

I won't be going back there for a quite a while. I'm guessing I'm getting mocked in the comments right about now. Oh, well.

Only because you were bold enough go there and post what we all believed.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I put forward a proposition at the end of the 2008 primary that I would like to repeat.

What if it were best that Huckabee not run in 2012? What if it was allowed for Romney to get the nomination? What if the big business wing of the Republican party along with the Establishment wing got their way and their man? Then after seeing the utter failure of this, what if it was an opportunity for the grass roots to rise up once and for all and end the dominance they've had on the party and truly turn it into a party of the common man?

Post by WalterCan Liked by: HuckyinKentucky

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
colinashley wrote:
Gov Huckabee shouldn't have set it up like that. My wife summed it up...it was mean :(

Right now, my mind is telling me to accept this as an answer to prayer. I wish he would not have made it such a media event, because that made it an even bigger letdown for his loyal supporters. Yes, I do agree that the Lord should be the one to guide his life. I am trying to accept this, but my heart hasn't come along yet. America needs Gov. Huckabee as President. I have truly believed that he could and would be able to beat Obama, but his heart had to be in the race.

Let's pray now that we will find new ways to be excited in supporting Gov. Huckabee. And that we can find another person to support in his stead. I also wonder if he would ever consider being a Vice Presidential running mate. :pray

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm 
General

Liked: 52
chapelccino wrote:
I respect Mike Huckabee tonight for the same reasons I've supported and respected him all along - he has a base, he has a point of reference. It's his walk with God, his relationship with Jesus Christ. Everything he does has to jive with that: his worldview, his goals, his activities, everything. Agree or disagree, that's who he is, that's what he seeks.

And that matters to him more than anything else. Anything else...

Mike Huckabee taught me a huge lesson tonight. I am stunned, I am devastated, I am phenomenally disappointed. And I am impressed.

He stayed true to his course, he followed the path he believes God has for him. As a supporter of this man, I support his decision. It stinks, it's not at all what I wanted...

but I support him, so I support his decision. And I pray I seek the same mind of Christ in all my decisions.

This really helps tonight. Thank you!!! Such a good (and Biblical) perspective to share. I am so stunned and disappointed...feel like I'm a little lost and don't know where to turn on the political landscape, but that's not where we put our hope, is it!?! (Thankfully!) I was very impressed that he did what he knew to be right and made the decision based on what he thought God has for him at this time. Yes, a great example for each of us.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Post by maryrae Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
I have thought for a while now that he would not run. I think he likes the money he is making too much to give it up.

Of the currently announced candidates, I think that Pawlenty or Gingrich are the best choices. Hopefully, someone more conservative and without the personal baggage gets in the race.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I have not been this disappointed and empty in a long time. I prayed. Everyone did. I hoped.

I was really willing to sacrifice more than 1000 dollars to fly to Iowa to help him win the straw poll this summer. Yes, sounds crazy flying all the way from across the pond for such a thing. When you really believe in something, that's just what you do. Crazy stuff, that is.

I don't see another candidate right now that I'd be willing to make that sacrifice for. Pawlenty is fine, but... the enthusiasm I had for Huckabee, I can't see myself having for any other candidate. I just can't.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I think there is a big mystery here. Why the moved up timetable? He kept saying a summer decision. Why the big rush? Was it Fox that pushed him?

Also, why the early endorsement for Haridopolos for Senate?

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: Medic 4 Huck

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 pm 
General

Liked: 52
HuckyinKentucky wrote:

Thank you! We need to consider this tonight in our grief! And I love that first wise statement - so true, although we never act like we believe even if we say we do!

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Post by maryrae has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, ohiorepublican09

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm 
Captain

Liked: 4
:balling

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:38 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I think the thing that is the most disappointing for many of us is that there really is no alternative. As I mentioned in a previous post I see some great people that could run in 2016 and 2020, but I don't see anyone for 2012. And I include in that all of those that have rumored to run but have denied it. There simply isn't anyone out there that I can be enthusiastic about right now. This is nothing new for me though since I haven't been enthusiastic about any Republican nominee since Reagan, and the last time I was excited about a primary candidate besides Huckabee was Jack Kemp in 1988.

So I'm used to being disappointed with the choices that are out there.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:39 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
jdbrown wrote:
Of the currently announced candidates, I think that Pawlenty or Gingrich are the best choices. Hopefully, someone more conservative and without the personal baggage gets in the race.

Those two sound good so far.

Oh by the way, great to see everyone from back in 2008 again on here as well as all the new folks!
:like :like

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:40 pm 
Private

Liked: 11
Back to being an independent for me. It's been great actually supporting someone. God bless everyone on here, but most likely I will not be back. No reason to be back. Sure, I'll pray that he changes his mind, and I'll probably throw away my vote in 2012 writing in Huck's name in the election, which basically will help Obama's re-election, but if that is God's plan, I can't oppose it.

Now I'll have the depressing task of taking my name off all Huck's e-mail lists. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I'll go ahead and make my prediction now as to who Huck ends up endorsing: Mitch Daniels. That people like Barbour and Jeb Bush, people who you might think would get behind Huck seem to be lining up behind Mitch makes me think that's where Huck will go as well. Either that or Trump. :lol: .............. :x

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:42 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
What about Paul Ryan??

I don't know of any baggage he has, other than only being a congressman.

But, he is certainly an adult compared to Bachman.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next