Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
If anyone here is able to find a full transcript of his announcement tonight to not run for POTUS, please post. Thanks!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
HuckyinKentucky wrote:
What about Paul Ryan??

I don't know of any baggage he has, other than only being a congressman.

But, he is certainly an adult compared to Bachman.

I like Paul Ryan, but he has already ruled out a 2012 run for president. He is open, though, to accepting a VP nomination.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
GAVoter4Huck wrote:
If anyone here is able to find a full transcript of his announcement tonight to not run for POTUS, please post. Thanks!
I did, a couple pages back. It's also at Mikehuckabee.com

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
GAVoter4Huck wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/mike-huckabee/statement-from-mike-huckabee/10150179135008616

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:49 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
GAVoter4Huck wrote:
I did, a couple pages back. It's also at Mikehuckabee.com

Awesome! I found it, thanks! :like

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:49 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 4
I will take him at his word that this is a spiritual decision, one that is not necessarily his own. But while the nomination process isn't going to be there, it's not like Huckabee is losing all of his ideas and talents.

I have a feeling that God has something more important for him in the future. I don't know what that could possibly be, but an event like this has to make one wonder. Could this be a message aimed more for Huckabee's followers that we should stay alert? Why else would this decision seem completely illogical at face value?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
aricle wrote:
I will take him at his word that this is a spiritual decision, one that is not necessarily his own. But while the nomination process isn't going to be there, it's not like Huckabee is losing all of his ideas and talents.

I have a feeling that God has something more important for him in the future. I don't know what that could possibly be, but an event like this has to make one wonder. Could this be a message aimed more for Huckabee's followers that we should stay alert? Why else would this decision seem completely illogical at face value?

Beck's time slot on Fox. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:52 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Well, Southern Doc posted earlier that he would be away from his computer until 10:00 tonight. So, I'll quote from one of his posts yesterday:
SouthernDoc wrote:
Two important considerations to close:

1.) Mike Huckabee has been our standard bearer for our hopes and beliefs regarding a better future for our nation. But he is not the incarnation of such hopes and beliefs nor is he the standard. Those ideals will continue, must continue, to be championed by every officer and enlistee in Huck's Army. His ability to achieve our shared aims is only possible because "We the People" in fact do want those aims achieved and are willing to work, argue, advocate, and vote for them. Notice how this announcement has lit up the number of visitors to this site. The Army is waiting and its power is in its collective strength. A strength we wish Mike Huckabee to weild effectively as President, but one that is there because he reflects who "We" are, and not because he is the "one we've been waiting for." I am still very confident that Mike Huckabee is running for President. But regardless the standard must be raised and carried forward.

2.) Mike Huckabee will not die even if he does not run. He will continue to be a major force for our shared issues and concerns. A force to be reckoned with. It does not end on Saturday night.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 3 goalieman, IowaforHuckabee, maryrae

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:57 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 1
Like everyone else here I'm surprised and disappointed with the Governors decision tonight, though I respect him for his reasoning. The GOP certainly lost its best chance at beating Obama. Who else has the Conservative beliefs, the governing experience AND the ability to speak that the Mike Huckabee has?

"Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar."
- Abraham Lincoln

Post by ecwoodrow Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Pawlenty & Huntsman have already released statements. People sure don't waste any time to try to get our support. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:00 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 14
I think it makes a lot of sense for Mike to make this announcement now. He wants his supporters to have the time to research other candidates and refocus their support. The primary race doesn’t really get started until after Labor Day, but it takes people awhile to get comfortable with a candidate before they start to contribute their resources to them. I know it took me a couple of months in 2007 to decide on supporting Mike.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:00 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 24
Quote:
When possible candidates were discussed in the media and despite polls that showed me in the lead, my name would often go unmentioned while a candidate barely registering single digits was touted as a “front-runner.” I found comfort that the nomination would not be made by commentators, columnists, or consultants, but by the rank and file voters in the Republican primary, and their support is strong and has been growing.

I believe this statement is the root of why he isn't running. We've all seen it and have been very frustrated. Talk radio gave us Mccain last time (though Rush says the MSM picked the candidate). Now they may have given us four more years of Obama.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
My mind is certainly reeling with a lot of the same thoughts I have been reading on this thread:

What a positive build-up for a "NO"!

The Trump clip was bizarre and totally lacking in taste.

Life will be different without the HucksArmy camaraderie. I will certainly miss it.

I have a feeling I won't tune into Huckabee's show as much as I have.

We still know that there are many Americans who share the same goals we have for our country. Without this HA experience we might not have known that. Those core goals remain the same now as they were a little over an hour ago regardless of whether Mike Huckabee is running.

All things will work for the good of those who love the Lord. Our final hope is in Him--not in any one man. We will be okay eternally--even if Barack Obama ends up being president.

It may be hard for us to accept, but the Lord has something better for us in mind.

I have been thinking Cain would be a good VP choice. There were several of those who debated in South Carolina who spoke well. I believe I will be able to vote for someone whom I would far prefer over Obama.

I think we have good choices in the future with Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio.

Blessings to you all and to Governor Huckabee and his family. God bless America!

Post by maryjthom has received Likes: 2 chapelccino, GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Huckabeliever wrote:
Pawlenty & Huntsman have already released statements. People sure don't waste any time to try to get our support. :(

Yeah, everyone will want to be Huckabee's buddy now.

Some funny comments at race42012 re: Pawlenty and Huntsman's statements:
Quote:

Took him (Pawlenty) a while to type it… maybe his hands were shaking from excitement....

Mitch Daniels’ statement is forthcoming, but it’s still being edited by his wife.

I kid! I kid! We all know I love the good Indiana governor.

Newt had a statement, but then he trashed it in favor of another statement. He got tired of that statement too, and decided to start anew with a third statement.
He claims that one is for life. For real. This time.

Chris Christie scribbled out a statement, wadded it up, threw it at the reporter to distract him, and then decked the guy.

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
maryjthom, please stick around for a while :) this forum is still great, the people are the greatest on the internet. And isn't it really for the people that we are here? Sure I'm here because I support Huckabee, but I can support Huckabee without being here. I'm here mainly because the people here are lovely to talk and discuss with :)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Well, Army friends, I need time to pray, and then sleep.
Goodnight all.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
goalieman wrote:
aricle wrote:

Beck's time slot on Fox. :wink:

Now there's the first good idea I've seen all night. Maybe Fox offered him a daily show. He'd be the natural choice to replace Beck and pretty funny since Beck has been dumping on him the last few weeks.

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post by bobrocky has received Likes: 2 All-in-for-Mike, goalieman

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Well I am in shock. Then I wrote up my post and posted it to my website, along with video of his decision. After I posted it, I felt very sad.

But I was very pleased with Huckabee's reason for not seeking the nomination. Can you imagine if when he was praying for discernment, he heard God say no, and he went ahead anyway? It is very hard to listen for God's direction. I am proud that Huckabee listened and acted upon God's still small voice telling him no.

Please check out my post:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.c ... -seek.html

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan has received Likes: 3 GrannyT, maryrae, Peter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:21 pm 
Private

Liked: 1
I've had a Mike Huckabee bumper sticker on my car since '08...guess I'll have to scrape it off now. Of course I'm disappointed. While Mike's TV show is very good...I CAN GAURANTEE YOU THAT HIS TV RATINGS WILL NOW STUMBLE BADLY. After all, many people's views of Mike as a potential POTUS were formed from his TV show. People will now lose interest in what he has to say. His viewpoints are important...but now they carry little political weight. He'll be valuable to FOX as a political analyst (like Dick Morris), but doubtful he would be taken seriously again as a candidate. And...if he tried, a Huck run in 2016 will be too late to save us from this downward spiral. If would have run...even if he lost, FOX would still pick him up again. A very sad day indeed!!
:( :(

Post by Illinois Red Liked by: colinashley

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Well…that’s why I make my living as an historian and not a fortune teller.

Huckabee certainly had his reasons. But actually “reason” was not the basis of the stated choice. All the “reasons” were to join the race. He chose to listen to a heart of faith. I am compelled to accept that. I have never considered, and strongly argue against, the notion that faith and reason are in conflict. Faith and pragmatism yes, reason no. For me the logic should confirm the “inner light.”

But it is not my decision or my conscience. He is the arbiter of his soul.

I will say that he went about announcing this in a very poor fashion. It became too much about “him” and too little consideration was made as to the best way to inform his supporters. I am glad he doesn’t work oncology.

This is likely the end of the line for Huckabee 2012. There will be speculation of a VP slot or a late entry. I doubt anyone who survives the 2012 run will need him enough to overcome the insider opposition to Huckabee being “one heartbeat away.” The “late entry” scenario is open IF folks are so disappointed in the field that he enters in October or November. But I think that would be too clever by half.

As far as Huck’s Army is concerned…well…as a Southern Historian I am familiar with the “lost causes.” I do think this group has become an important social network that is informed and connected. It is a force that can be used to good effect.

I, for one, am determined not to lose the strength, knowledge, wisdom, insight, and faith gained by my fellowship with this band of brothers. For you see the battle is still before us though our preferred leader has chosen a different course. I am now more politically and culturally engaged than ever. That will not change. The times will not allow it.

These ranks are the ranks that must form up and fight.

I can well understand why many, even most, will lose heart and walk away as they see their hoped champion seemingly exit the field. But it was never his fight. It is ours. Do what you can, where you can.

Do not grow weary in this work of love.

Quote:
My experience of men has neither disposed me to think worse of them, or indisposed me to serve them; nor in spite of failures, which I lament, of errors which I now see and acknowledge; or of the present aspect of affairs; do I despair of the future.
The truth is this: The march of Providence is so slow, and our desires so impatient; the work of progress is so immense and our means of aiding it so feeble; the life of humanity is so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often see only the ebb of the advancing wave and are thus discouraged. It is history that teaches us to hope.
o Robert E. Lee: Letter to Lt. Col. Charles Marshall (September 1870)

God Bless you all,
Affectionately,
Southern Doc.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 7 brownkb, chapelccino, colinashley, goalieman, GrannyT, maryjthom, QuoVadisAnima

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next