Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Well, Southern Doc posted earlier that he would be away from his computer until 10:00 tonight. So, I'll quote from one of his posts yesterday:
SouthernDoc wrote:
Two important considerations to close:

1.) Mike Huckabee has been our standard bearer for our hopes and beliefs regarding a better future for our nation. But he is not the incarnation of such hopes and beliefs nor is he the standard. Those ideals will continue, must continue, to be championed by every officer and enlistee in Huck's Army. His ability to achieve our shared aims is only possible because "We the People" in fact do want those aims achieved and are willing to work, argue, advocate, and vote for them. Notice how this announcement has lit up the number of visitors to this site. The Army is waiting and its power is in its collective strength. A strength we wish Mike Huckabee to weild effectively as President, but one that is there because he reflects who "We" are, and not because he is the "one we've been waiting for." I am still very confident that Mike Huckabee is running for President. But regardless the standard must be raised and carried forward.

2.) Mike Huckabee will not die even if he does not run. He will continue to be a major force for our shared issues and concerns. A force to be reckoned with. It does not end on Saturday night.

HucksArmy.com and this forum will still be here. AS for now it is time to pray and get through these next few days and even, yes a few weeks, we still have plenty of time to plan as how best to go forward, and GO FORWARD WE WILL

Post by Hucks Army - Bill has received Likes: 3 GrannyT, HuckyinKentucky, IowaforHuckabee
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:23 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
For those of you who think this is a disaster, look around. How many of you, your firends, acquaintences, unsuspecting channel surfers etc, tune in to Huckabee on Saturday and Sunday? How many listen to Rush Limbaugh?

Right--didn't think so. We are a completely different audience, and the sooner the main stream media picks this up the better.

We call Saturday nights at 8 "Popcorn Night with Mike" and half the neighborhood shows up in our den because we have the biggest TV.

Not a one of us thought Huck was going to run--we had a far better opinion of his intelligence. However, we do think Huck will have a far higher media presence in the future. I hate to be accused of being trite, but the pen really is mightier than the sword. Besides, being kingmaker is far better than ever being king. Who remembers the name of the French monarch advised by Cardinal Richlieu?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:26 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
Wendero wrote:
maryjthom, please stick around for a while :) this forum is still great, the people are the greatest on the internet. And isn't it really for the people that we are here? Sure I'm here because I support Huckabee, but I can support Huckabee without being here. I'm here mainly because the people here are lovely to talk and discuss with :)

Wendero, I have often appreciated that fact that you can sum up what I am thinking in such a good way. I agree exactly. I hope all of us can stick around here and keep working for the goals we all support.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:29 pm 

Liked: 57
Everything was there for him to run financial backing etc. I truly believe if he would of ran he would of been the next President of the US. It is a very sad time for us his supporters. I dont know who I am going to support for President now that Huckabee is not running.

Post by Texan4Huckabee has received Likes: 3 colinashley, GrannyT, miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
lrobb wrote:
Who remembers the name of the French monarch advised by Cardinal Richlieu?
Everyone knows it was Louis xiii, we all saw The 3 Musketeers. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
I would hope Hucks Army would continue--highly reinvigorated. It is about a set of principles, not a set of candidates.

Moving on--what are the qualifications we might like in other declared candidates or possible candidates?

Personal opinion--Dont bother tryingt to draft Chris Christie or Paul Ryan--ther are happy as clams in jam i9n their respective states--and Ryan is looking at a soon-to-be-empty Senate seat.

Post by lrobb Liked by: miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Thank you, Dave in SC, for your kind words. I really do like you people here. It feels as if I "know" you, in a way I don't know people on Race or Rightspeak. :) Like it's more personal, in some way... I don't know how to say it exactly, I'm getting tired. It's 03:36 AM here.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:37 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
Southern Doc wrote:
This is likely the end of the line for Huckabee 2012. There will be speculation of a VP slot or a late entry. I doubt anyone who survives the 2012 run will need him enough to overcome the insider opposition to Huckabee being “one heartbeat away.” The “late entry” scenario is open IF folks are so disappointed in the field that he enters in October or November. But I think that would be too clever by half.

You know come to think of the whole VP thing, I wonder if he stands any chance to get picked for that for 2012. If you think about it, having him as a running mate on the ticket for whichever candidate gets chosen would be very very powerful.

Post by GAVoter4Huck Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

If the candidate lacks executive experience, then definitely. That is to say, if it's Bachmann, Santorum, Palin (very little executive experience). Otherwise, much as I would love to see him as VP, I'm afraid he won't be attractive to anyone.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
Haven't been on Hucks army in quite awhile, but I just stopped by to say that i'm sad to hear Mike won't be running.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:51 pm 
*** General

Liked: 14
I'm actually pretty impressed with Senator Mike Lee out of Utah. He really knows the Constitution & is fiscally conservative with a backbone to say no. But he isn't running & at this point, the others have flaws that I'm not sure I can look past. Ryan is happy in the house as he is pretty important there but I believe he is eying the Senate seat that came up unexpectedly. Palin has disappointed me too much to support her. I am still too sad to really think about it right now.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:54 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
thinking......give me some time to wrap my head around this....I honestly don't see anyone ...and I mean anyone that can beat Obama.......my prediction....this summer the republican candidates will wallow around in mediocrity....it will be pathetic...Huck will continue his show and daily radio broadcast...pressure is off of him from the opposition in the party....no formidable candidate will rise up and either their will be such a cry from the party etc that Huck will have to re-consider. key comment "For now my answer is clear and firm I will not seek the republican nomination this year"....uhmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
My brain feels like circuits are frying & I literally feel like I've been kicked in the gut. (Never thought politics could do this to me!)

I don't see this as the end of HucksArmy - y'all have become my virtual family! We've enabled each other for years & I don't know how I could manage the withdrawal symptoms! Let's at least work out a 12 step program first!

I am puzzled at Huckabee's discernment - please tell me that it's more than a feeling, Mike! At least ask God for a sign or something more concrete & reliable!

But tonite, since I don't do booze, I am going to go drown my sorrows in chocolate and a movie or something. I feel sad & frustrated. I accept God's will in this, but I need to be convinced that it is. I'm going to go cater to my melancholic side & see what GH has to say on Fox in the morning.

Good night, all, and God help America...

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:02 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
This is a very sad day in America. I certainly hope that Huckabee will reconsider. I am not impressed by any of the current or likely candidates. Bobby Jindal would be my second choice, but he's already running for re-election.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:05 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I went and bought some comfort food. I'm going to snuggle up with my dogs and watch crappy tv. My husband is out of town this weekend. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:07 pm 
Lieutenant General

I would be eating comfort food myself except I ate so much of it before the announcement that by the time it rolled around I was feeling rather sick ;) May have some kind of "comfort lunch" tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:10 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
"Calista & I" have also released a statement. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:12 pm 
*** General

I wonder if Mitt realizes he is still going to lose - even with Huckabee out?

Post by miracleshappen has received Likes: 4 colinashley, goalieman, GrannyT, Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:14 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Gingrich statement:

Quote:
Governor Mike Huckabee emerged in 2008 as a new star for the Republican Party and the conservative movement. Over the last 3 years he has used his gifts to create a popular Fox News TV show, produce an amazingly successful radio commentary, write best-selling books, and deliver thought provoking speeches. All have increased his stature and his influence.

Had Governor Huckabee decided to run, there is no question he would have been a frontrunner in the 2012 campaign for president. He has achieved that prominence without a campaign simply based on his personal appeal and the attractiveness of his views and his character.

His statement tonight emphasized the spiritual dimension of his life and his decision process. It is a wonderful example for all Americans of someone trying to do the right thing.

Governor Huckabee will remain a major force for conservatism and he will play a major role in shaping America’s future. Callista and I wish him and his family a wonderful, happy, and successful future.

http://race42012.com/2011/05/14/gingrich-statement-on-huckabee-decision/

Pawlenty statement:

Quote:
Mike Huckabee is a friend and colleague, and an important leader within the Republican Party. Mike and I agree our nation is facing big challenges and desperately needs new leadership, and I plan to work hard to earn the support of the millions of Americans who have supported him. Mary and I wish Mike and Janet all the best.

http://race42012.com/2011/05/14/pawlenty-statement-on-the-huckabee-announcement/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:21 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

I get the feeling the Trump announcement at the end was actually part of the show, I think it was an ad that Trump bought. The question is, how did Trump know? Perhaps he paid for two ads, and asked the network to air the appropriate one depending on the what Huckabee decided.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next