Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:42 am 
***** General

Liked: 40
I, too, am not interested tonight in thinking about whom to support for 2012. For tonight, truth be told, I really couldn't care less. My not caring for a night - or two or three - is not going to make a difference in the outcome of that election, but it is important in how I process what matters to me.

There was (and still is) a uniqueness about Mike Huckabee that went beyond the others. No other candidate embraced the concept of vertical politics like Mike did - while at the same time standing firm on faith, on life, on principle, on the Constitution. He did it with grace, strength, and humor. He tore down walls and built bridges. He had ideas, and he used them to win people to his way of thinking. He was a role model.

I don't foresee myself spending much time campaigning for someone else. For me it was more than just supporting Mike Huckabee, I identified with him.

Huck's Army is an important place, and I know we'll be sharpening who we are in the weeks ahead. But for now - let others scramble for their position, or for their candidates' position. I need a little of that stillness Mike talked about, that time of quiet when a person hears God's voice and senses His leading.

We each will determine where to go from here. I don't intend to leave Huck's Army, but I do think my political involvement won't again be what it was or what it was going to be. I imagine my impact will be focused on our church's ministry, on getting our son home from the orphanage in the Congo, on helping our daughter as she fosters children, on homeschooling our kids, on serving others. I'll remain interested, I'll learn enough to vote intelligently, I'll stay appraised on the issues, I'll do what I can. I'll be the someone in my own sphere of influence. But in terms of politics, it just won't be the same.

To the many on HA who are reeling a bit, who are disappointed, who are grieving - I'm so sorry. How I wish tonight had turned out differently. God knows, we trust Him, and we thank Him for all He's done for us through Mike Huckabee. Mike's been an inspiration to me, and I am very grateful.

Post by chapelccino has received Likes: 10 All-in-for-Mike, christopher.wilkerson, cschande, Grant, Huckabeliever, IowaforHuckabee, miracleshappen, NJ Huck Supporter, TheValuesVoter, voter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:12 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
I just got to the computer and have several random and unrelated thoughts. Also I haven't had time to read all the posts so I may be repeating what someone else has already said so forgive me in advance.

1. Mike seemed very much at peace with his decision. As if it is the best for him and the country.
2. I am curious how much of Rush Limbaugh's show on Monday will be devoted to this decision. If he lets even one caller discuss Mike Huckabee's decision it will show his true colors.
3. Mike should experiment with talk radio. He has such a good voice, a command of the issues, such a positive attitude, and would be so good to callers. If anyone hasn't noticed but talk radio is beginning to devore its own and needs to change.
4. I am personally devastated. I have never been so excited and supportive about any politician in my life. (even Ronald Reagan)
5. Mike could very well replace all the big guns in talk radio and cable as unelected "leader" of the conservative movement.
6. I don't think he will accept a VP slot. He will overshadow the top of the ticket
7. I hope he keeps promoting the FAIR tax initiative along with his other hot button issues such as Life.
8. Southern Doc and The Values Voter need to be "discovered". They are the best virtual pundits EVER!.
9. This is the best forum on the Internet.
10. God Bless Mike Huckabee.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax has received Likes: 5 cschande, Huckabeliever, IowaforHuckabee, maryjthom, voter

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:16 am 
Corporal

Liked: 0
I'm totally shocked and sick to my stomach. Im so so sad right now. Man do I love Mike Huckabee. Here is a picture of me and my son with Mike a couple years ago.Let Gods will be done is all I can think right now.

Attachments:
P1010371.JPG
P1010371.JPG [ 24.74 KiB | Viewed 2453 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:51 am 
***** General

Liked: 32
Well, needless to say, I am extremely disappointed. I know so many of us are -- are there are a few particularly in my mind.

But I have always respected and admired Governor Huckabee... and I continue to do so tonight. I think he made the right decision for himself...he is at peace with it...and that is the most important thing that each and every one of us should strive for individually.

I think Huckabee just never felt 2012 was his time...for many reasons, I am sure, rightfully or otherwise, he was always indecisive. But the pressure was mounting, he was on top of every poll, his support was growing....I think, for a little while, he just got caught up in the hype. He suddenly started saying, "I am very seriously considering running in 2012." But, in his heart, in his soul, he was always hesitant. And I think he was getting pressure from his inner circle that, if he was serious about running in 2012, he would have to declare soon. So, in the last two weeks, he was involved in his deepest soul-searching, he connected spirtually...and he reached the right decision for himself.

I wish him well. I hope he succeeds in all of his endeavors. For tonight, I remain downhearted, and this is certainly not the night for me to look toward others. Frankly, for me, I doubt there will ever be another candidate that will touch me, inspire me and lift me toward such higher goals. I invested so much in this potential candidate, I doubt sincerely that I can -- or would even want -- do that ever again.

Let me say one thing very strongly. My heart goes out to so many of you who gave so much...I hope you can find peace within yourself. You deserve it!

Other than that....what will be will be.

One thing I know for sure: If Governor Huckabee should ever decide to run...at any time...for any office in which I have a vote...he has mine.

Good luck, Governor Huckabee in all you endeavor. You deserve the very best, too.

Post by voter has received Likes: 7 bmk2307, chapelccino, ConservTexan, cschande, IowaforHuckabee, jcpender, maryjthom

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:16 am 
Major

Liked: 34
I'm not sure what to say, having just seen this, but I'll try to speak from my heart. I feel almost like I've been betrayed. I firmly believe that he's the only guy who could have won the nomination and the presidency. I've been waiting in anticipation, hoping that my army officer's commission in 2014 would have President Micheal Dale Huckabee's signature on it. I was prepared to do anything to have him elected because of that belief.

Having said that and read most of the comments here and seen the video of how he announced it, what he said was comforting. If he is at peace with God by having his show, then so be it. I'm not sure of quite a few things now. I'm sure he'll play a part in conservative politics and for that I am glad, since men like him are needed in that. Seeing his spiritual condition, it may have been a step down for him to be President of the United States.

As for me, I'm going to grieve for a while and think about how I should be listening to God's calling for my own life. Mike Huckabee and Huck's Army will probably not be a part of it any longer, because I believe I've made the mistake of letting my passion for politics and Mike Huckabee play too big of a role in it. I may come here to read, but you will not read a post by me for some time after this one, if at all. I've been given gifts and I want to go use them. If Mike Huckabee and politics can't use them, maybe Jesus Christ can point me to a field where they can be used for a higher purpose. I want to thank you for being a nice community while I've been a member, though I seem to have stayed on the edges of it. God bless and good night.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:21 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
Some of us already have a plan B. But many here don't, and are in the process of grieving.

I'd just like to say to them, "Keep your head up." While Huckabee is a man of character that inspired many, he still is just a man. A man with faults just like any other man.

So when you finally get around to looking at other options, each one of them will have their own faults. Some more than others. But I think the thing that should be paramount is the content of their character.

No person is free from mistakes. And there isn't an exact duplicate of Huckabee out there running. But for all the faults all of the remaining candidates have, some are still men or women of character. They are good, honest, and decent people that want the best for the country. And I'm sure, there are many who don't quite fit that bill.

I'm not going to point out which ones I think are people of character, and which I don't trust, since that's up to you to decide for yourselves. But I just don't want anyone to feel so disheartened that they feel hopeless and stop using "character" as a measuring bar.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
I've been driving for 10 hours today, so I'm just getting caught up with all the posts. My mom called me while I was in the car and let me listen to his announcement over the phone. GrannyT also texted me to share the news. Up until yesterday, I was so certain he was going to run. Chapelccino pretty much summed up my feelings tonight:

chapelccino wrote:
I respect Mike Huckabee tonight for the same reasons I've supported and respected him all along - he has a base, he has a point of reference. It's his walk with God, his relationship with Jesus Christ. Everything he does has to jive with that: his worldview, his goals, his activities, everything. Agree or disagree, that's who he is, that's what he seeks.

And that matters to him more than anything else. Anything else...

In the end, it was the very quality that drew me to Mike that led him to his decision not to run: the fact that he's a man who seeks God's will in his life. In 2007/2008 I could see that the problems facing our country could never be solved by human wisdom. I was praying fervently that God would raise up a leader who sought His wisdom. Mike was clearly that man. I'm surprised that this is now where God has led him, but I soooo respect him for seeking and listening. I really wouldn't want him to run if he felt he was outside of God's will in doing so.

I wonder what this means for our country. Is there another potential Presidential candidate who seeks God's will and wisdom, and not his own glory? I don't know.....I haven't really paid attention to anyone else, as I was so sure Mike would run.

I'll be praying...

Post by ColoradoMom4Huckabee has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Although I am deeply devastated and disappointed by his statement, I have never had more respect for Mike Huckabee than I do now. For him to walk away from this very possible chance of him becoming the most powerful man in the world, the leader of the greatest nation on earth, the Commander in Chief of the strongest military anywhere, because that is what he believes God is directing him to do, shows the character and faith of a great man.

He has inspired so many of us to get off the couch, quit whining, and actually do something; to be the someone. We, here at HA have gotten more involved than we ever could have imagined, but we are just a small number. There are many, many more, who haven't even heard of HA, who Mike has also inspired to become "the somebody".

Tonight, although I deeply mourn the loss of a dream and what could have been, there is also an excitement for what lies ahead for Mike. That Mike feels peace about his decision, after all of the prayers that have been offered for clarity by him, by us, and by so many others, is all that I need to have peace about his decision. I don't really care about all of the hype beforehand, the way the announcement was done, etc.; what matters to me is how the decision was made by Mike whether to run or not, and that he had the courtesy, the heart, and the class to let us know as soon as he knew.

May God continue to direct his path and use him in a mighty way to bring this nation back to Him. His will be done, not ours.

I am so thankful to have HA to come to and work through all of this disappointment with my Huckabee friends and so glad to hear that this is not the end of this forum. There is still a lot for us to discuss, debate, inform and help each other to make decisions on; not to mention the simple enjoyment of fellowship with like-minded people. For many here, this is our third major disappointment - when Mike dropped out, when Mike was passed over for VP, and now this. For those who choose to stay at HA, we will work through this together again and then continue to fight for the principles and values that we and Mike Huckabee believe in. For those who choose to leave and move on, it has been a joy to know you, and I wish you the best. I hope at some point you will come back and visit the neighborhood.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 5 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, GrannyT, justgrace, maryjthom, navyqueen

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:07 am 
Captain

Liked: 25
Ah. God be with him. I understand why he made this decision, though it saddens me. I wish him well - and will remain a fan.

But this helps me with a decision of my own: I will remain a registered "blank" - Mike was the only reason I registered as a Republican back in 2007/08. None of the GOP potentials inspire me to join that party again.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:22 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Four more years of Obama....

Mike said he had peace about his decision...I hope he still has that peace when his soon to be born grandchild one day looks into his face and asks, "Why didn't YOU do something?"

I guess I have some money to spend...but believe me that gives me no comfort.

My only prayer is that God will raise up one who will be the somebody, do the something. Maybe that person, the one Southern Doc wrote about, the one that mirrors We The People, is even now in waiting. I know it won't be Daniels or Barbour or Romney or Cain or Palin or Christie or Rubio or Huntsman or Ryan or Bachman or Newt or Pawlenty or Paul or Patraes or Bolten or Johnson or Santorium or Trump or anyone any of us have ever heard of. God brings good out of bad. God does the impossible. But I have read The Book. I know the ending. In God's mercy, I wish for just one more chance for America.

Some say Mike still has a powerful influence in the GOP but I don't care to ever hear another word from him. Maybe it is my grief. But I believe that Mike's 'wonderful gig' at FOX will end just like Beck's. And I don't want to hear Rush or Garrison or Hannity or Levin or any other pundit. Ignorance is bliss. Oh, I will probably recover enough to attend the next Constitution Institute class, afterall it is already paid for. But I intend to bury my head in the sand for a long long while. Mike never should have awakened this sleeping idiot. :balling

Post by Indiana4Huck Liked by: janelles

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Although I am deeply devastated and disappointed by his statement, I have never had more respect for Mike Huckabee than I do now. For him to walk away from this very possible chance of him becoming the most powerful man in the world, the leader of the greatest nation on earth, the Commander in Chief of the strongest military anywhere, because that is what he believes God is directing him to do, shows the character and faith of a great man.

He has inspired so many of us to get off the couch, quit whining, and actually do something; to be the someone. We, here at HA have gotten more involved than we ever could have imagined, but we are just a small number. There are many, many more, who haven't even heard of HA, who Mike has also inspired to become "the somebody".

Tonight, although I deeply mourn the loss of a dream and what could have been, there is also an excitement for what lies ahead for Mike. That Mike feels peace about his decision, after all of the prayers that have been offered for clarity by him, by us, and by so many others, is all that I need to have peace about his decision. I don't really care about all of the hype beforehand, the way the announcement was done, etc.; what matters to me is how the decision was made by Mike whether to run or not, and that he had the courtesy, the heart, and the class to let us know as soon as he knew.

May God continue to direct his path and use him in a mighty way to bring this nation back to Him. His will be done, not ours.

I am so thankful to have HA to come to and work through all of this disappointment with my Huckabee friends and so glad to hear that this is not the end of this forum. There is still a lot for us to discuss, debate, inform and help each other to make decisions on; not to mention the simple enjoyment of fellowship with like-minded people. For many here, this is our third major disappointment - when Mike dropped out, when Mike was passed over for VP, and now this. For those who choose to stay at HA, we will work through this together again and then continue to fight for the principles and values that we and Mike Huckabee believe in. For those who choose to leave and move on, it has been a joy to know you, and I wish you the best. I hope at some point you will come back and visit the neighborhood.

A wonderful post, Iowa for Huckabee. It has been my honor to come here and meet some of the most dedicated, honorable, and dear people anywhere, here at Huck's Army. Let's continue on, and once we see a little more of what Gov. Huckabee's vision will be it will seem clearer what to do. This may be just the beginning of other great possibilities for us, for him, and for America.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 GrannyT, IowaforHuckabee, janelles

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:36 am 

Liked: 340
I was occupied elsewhere yesterday, so I just learned about Gov. Huckabee's decision and took time to read through this thread.

This is very disappointing for me, as for all of you. Mike Huckabee has been a great inspiration to me during the last few years. He gave me new perspectives on integrity, leadership and politics. I believe, he is a truly great man and great leader.
This was a cause I really supported and wanted to support, especially through prayer, which is one of the things God has called me to. My heart was in it, and even though I am not American I have come to love this nation and its people and have a burden for its needs.

Still, I have hope. I know that "this thing" doesn't end here. Somehow, though we don't know how yet, this will be a "part of the puzzle". The pieces will come together. Even though it will take time and faith and perseverance. But an outcome there will be. Our effort and prayers and devotion and love will not have been in vain. They will all be remembered and will be stored up, to come to effect and be put to use at the right time.

That is my conviction. Let's lift our heads and wait and renew our efforts to "do the right thing", being guided by wisdom and integrity.

Psalm 25:3

Post by Peter has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:19 am 
Captain

Liked: 29
While I have tremendous respect for Gov Huckabee's decision, the way the announcement was made showed real insensitivity to his supporters as many have commented on. It is this point that will make it much easier for me to pick myself up from this disappointment and move on.

Post by colinashley has received Likes: 3 Grant, Huckabeliever, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:23 am 
General

Liked: 3
colinashley wrote:
While I have tremendous respect for Gov Huckabee's decision, the way the announcement was made showed real insensitivity to his supporters as many have commented on. It is this point that will make it much easier for me to pick myself up from this disappointment and move on.

I would have to agree. I feel like the butt of a joke....

Post by kuphoff has received Likes: 2 Huckabeliever, Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
German4Huckabee wrote:
I was occupied elsewhere yesterday, so I just learned about Gov. Huckabee's decision and took time to read through this thread.

This is very disappointing for me, as for all of you. Mike Huckabee has been a great inspiration to me during the last few years. He gave me new perspectives on integrity, leadership and politics. I believe, he is a truly great man and great leader.
This was a cause I really supported and wanted to support, especially through prayer, which is one of the things God has called me to. My heart was in it, and even though I am not American I have come to love this nation and its people and have a burden for its needs.

Still, I have hope. I know that "this thing" doesn't end here. Somehow, though we don't know how yet, this will be a "part of the puzzle". The pieces will come together. Even though it will take time and faith and perseverance. But an outcome there will be. Our effort and prayers and devotion and love will not have been in vain. They will all be remembered and will be stored up, to come to effect and be put to use at the right time.

That is my conviction. Let's lift our heads and wait and renew our efforts to "do the right thing", being guided by wisdom and integrity.

Psalm 25:3

Thank you so much, German4Huckabee. You have been an inspiration to me with your prayer posts on the thread here, Prayer Group for Huckabee. Let us continue to post prayers there, because they will be needed for future direction.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
kuphoff wrote:
colinashley wrote:

I would have to agree. I feel like the butt of a joke....

I have lots of love and respect for Huck. However, last night, I felt like a Cleveland native who learned real-time along with the rest of the world that he was taking his talents elsewhere. I don't know whose idea the show announcement was, but, I would feel less hurt had he said nothing last week, nothing during the show and just put out a press release today. After doing that, then he could talk about it during the show.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:58 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 11
Folks, we all know how well Mike knows the media. I believe he thought this announcement was important enough to be made his way, directly by him, to as many people as possible. That was the reason for the build-up, and I think it's a valid one.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
Well, good morning HA friends. I'm just sitting here, crying.

I told my husband I feel like someone died.

I KNOW my faith isn't in Mike Huckabee...it's firmly in the Lord. But when you pray for something for so many years.... I felt like God was sending us His answer to our prayers for America by giving us this godly man of integrity and humility to serve our country. Like King Hezekiah -- a civil elder who leads his country by being a spiritual leader, and someone whom the Lord could use to usher in a revival in our land.

I agree with many of the other posts here. I will support the eventual GOP nominee (as long as it's NOT Romney or Trump). But I can't imagine myself even knocking on doors or making phone calls. All the air is out of my balloon.

If you ever watched the TV show "The West Wing," then you may recall the part where they portray how one of the president's future aides recruits his friend. He visits his friend at the latter's law firm, interrupts a meeting, and says, "I FOUND THE GUY!!" Well, I feel like I found the guy in 2007...and I've been praying and working and giving and putting my time & credibility on the line for four years...and now The Guy says, "You'll just have to find someone else."

Or imagine the most rabid Redskins fan, being told that the team is folding and the players and faithful fans are to go find some other team to love.

:balling

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:48 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
Has anyone seen Shelly Post? She must be devistated. :( Ill shoot her an email.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:05 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 20
charleslawlesss wrote:
Has anyone seen Shelly Post? She must be devistated. :( Ill shoot her an email.

She posted on Facebook earlier and said she is at her son's graduation from Purdue today.

Here's her statement:
Quote:
I'm going to be away from FB today - my son, Joe, is graduating from Purdue, so I will be there all day. I'm still processing the Governor's decision, as many of you are, and so appreciate all of your kind posts on my wall and the many private messages and emails.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next